Bioshock Infinite

It's taking a long time to load here.

I have seen a preview somewhere and it looked really nice, but...

I'm affraid of heights :scared:

:)

Added a youtube video. It doesnt have the breakdown and details but its still a really good video showing the demo gameplay.

The demo gameplay looks great. This looks like the first FPS I'ma ctually interested in a long, long time.

So, they're playing with height this time instead of water? I like that, it kinda adds a third dimension and more freedom to the game. Plus, it looks stunning.

Anyone else thinking that those rails look a bit like the ones from Sonic Unleashed?

Yes, you have to make your game superb in every way when your graphics look like that short to mid range. Its not the PS3 version so I worry its going to look worse. Will wait for it to go on sale. Bioshock 2 still in shrink wrap with me only a few hours into BioShock 1. I have never seen Bioshock 2 in motion but did they improve the visuals? I love the colors, effects and lighting in Infinite but the textures leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to make your game superb in every way when your graphics look like that short to mid range. Its not the PS3 version so I worry its going to look worse. Will wait for it to go on sale. Bioshock 2 still in shrink wrap with me only a few hours into BioShock 1. I have never seen Bioshock 2 in motion but did they improve the visuals? I love the colors, effects and lighting in Infinite but the textures leave a lot to be desired.

Bioshock 2 looks the same as Bioshock 1, in terms of visuals. But the gameplay is improved in Bioshock 2.

I really think now that has been delayed, after MP3, GTA V will be coming out when Bio was supposed to. Yayyyyy

Two top Bioshock Infinite team members leave Irrational

Gamasutra
Tim Gerritsen, director of product development, and art director Nate Wells have both announced their departure. Wells was a 13 year veteran of the studio, whose distinctive style was heralded in the original Bioshock.

BioShock Infinite's Combat Design Director and AI Lead leave Irrational for Microsoft

Gameranx
Just a month ago, the studio saw its Art Director, Design Manager, Senior System Designer, Director of Product Development and one of its writers leave the studio (via Joystiq). Now, more key personnel have left the studio once again. This time, it's BioShock Infinite's Combat Design Director Clint Bundrick, and A.I. Lead Don Norbury.

Both Bundrick and Norbury's LinkedIn profiles state that they're now working for Microsoft, though it's not known on which internal studio or game they're working on.

Couple these departures with the ones a month ago and factor in the game's absence in the public eye...well, you can understand why some people are concerned if something's amiss at Irrational.

I wonder how long Ken Levine's stay will be, maybe he'll leave after the project is finished, we'll see. Intriguing.

BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition and Premium Edition
fp5mkx.jpg

2hnm2js.jpg

The Premium Edition:

-A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.

-A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.

-A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid

-Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.

-A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).

The Ultimate Songbird Edition will include all of the above, and some! Ken Levine shared this morning that it will also include the Songbird statue (that can be seen above) and that the Murder of Crows keychain, and the Handyman all come in separate custom packaging.

Cover art
dbsaya.jpg

No multiplayer for Bioshock Infinite

The Escapist
The reveal came as part of a Twitter binge, in which Levine started answering fans' questions about the upcoming alternate history adventure. Would there be a digital release for PSN and XBLA on day one? "I don't know," Levine answered. "I hope so." Would gamers be able to play as Elizabeth in any part of the game? "You don't play as her," Levine replied, "just BFF Booker." Would there be audio diaries? "Audio and much more," Levine Tweeted.

Bioshock Infinite delayed to March 26 for extra polish

Gamespot
Gamers will not be able to take to the skies of Columbia as early as they may have hoped. BioShock Infinite has been delayed for a second time, with Irrational Games' new action-shooter now due March 26, 2013. The game was previously planned to ship February 26.

The decision to delay BioShock Infinite again came after former Epic Games producer Rod Fergusson joined the developer in August. He suggested to staff that the game could benefit from 3-4 additional weeks of polish. In the long run, the delay would benefit the game, he said.

Delays are good IMO. Shows the developer wants to take their time and not release an unfinished product. Wish more developers would do this. Tired of developers with the thought process of "release now patch later".
As long as it's not "release later, still need to patch the broken game back together"...

Back