Bioshock Infinite

Very good game and very complex story. I struggled to understand what was going on when you go through the tears or the ending. However i got the season pass and i am looking forward to what DLC will be.

I'm just having trouble trying to figure out the "wipe away the debt" part. What was he wiping away? Was it simply him just being so drunk and messed up, that he owed people money and needed to sell his baby, not necessarily owing a debt to himself (Comstock)?
Booker got into debt with someone in his original reality. He owed money, though it is never explained precisely who to. I find it unlikely that he owed that money to someone from Comstock's reality, so I suspect that this is what happened:

Comstock wanted a child to protect his own succession in Columbia. He had the Lutece twins scour other realities, looking for a suitable child. They found Booker, who was in debt to someone - probably a mobster or a bookmaker. Using Comstock's resources, the Lutece twins purchased Booker's debt from the person it was owed to. That person would no longer have any problem with Booker, and their involvement in the story ends. Robert Lutece then used Booker's debt to force him into giving up Anna, telling him that handing her over would settle the debt.

And why does Elizabeth have powers anyway? Yes, it's probably doing a dis-service to the story trying to get to the reason for that, but still...
It's never fully explained, but the Lutece twins do put forward a theory. Since they are the experts on the subject of inter-dimensional travel, it's probably the closest thing to the truth that you'll get.

They suggest that Elizabeth has her powers because she exists in two separate realities: the one she was born in, and the one she was taken into. When her finger was severed, it left part of her behind, and although that finger would likely have been destroyed after it was cut off, something of Elizabeth was left behind. It's the same phenomenon that allowed the Luteces and Lady Comstock to continue to exist despte being murdered.

I have a question for you guys.

How can i switch Vendors? For example, first vendor power is "Possession", then "fire" and third are "Crows"

While having Possession and Fire, if i pick Crows then Possession is replaced with new power. So how can i switch back from having Fire and Crows to Possession And Fire

After finding all 8 Vendors is there any way to pick which i wan to currently use. Like i want to use "Float and Crows" combo. So i could send enemies into air and then crows could kill them.

When you have Devil's Kiss (the fireball) and Murder of Crows equipped, you can press a button to swtich between the two. If you press and hold that button, you will bring up a wheel, showing all of your available Vigors. You can then swap your Vigors out. Once you acquire a Vigor, it will always be available - you just need to go through the wheel menu to get it. You will pick up all of the Vigors over the course of the storyline, with the exception of one.

Also, Bucking Bronco (float) and Murder of Crows isn't a great combination. Bucking Bronco stuns enemies, whilst Murder of Crows stuns them and deals damage, so using them together isn't that efficient. Murder of Crows and Devil's Kiss is probably the better combination, because Murder of Crows will stun them and deal damage, and Devil's Kiss will add damage on top of that.

Great, thanks for the tip, this will make 1999 mode a little bit easier.

I liked using bronco a crows because if you upgraded crows almost all the time the enemy would die in mid air and then spawn a crow trap and stun a lot more enemies.

My personal favourite is using the upgraded Bucking Bronco (to levitate multiple enemies), followed up with an upgraded Undertow (to push them away). It's useful on Firemen, Flak Cannons and the Brotherhood of the Raven, who all give me trouble.

Shock Jockey (to stun) and Charge (to deal damage) is also a favourite.

2 mins into the game, and already I'm blown to bits!

My ? is regarding the first two Bioshock games. I haven't finished the first one - about 60% into it I think. Haven't touched the second one.

I've checked various forums, and they go on to say how Bioshock Infinite is a prequel, and playing the first two isn't neccessary or important, in order to enjoy the story.

What say you?

2 mins into the game, and already I'm blown to bits!

My ? is regarding the first two Bioshock games. I haven't finished the first one - about 60% into it I think. Haven't touched the second one.

I've checked various forums, and they go on to say how Bioshock Infinite is a prequel, and playing the first two isn't neccessary or important, in order to enjoy the story.

What say you?
I've played BS 2 (finished still wanting to play thru again now that I know what to do) haven't played BS 1. About half way thru BS Infinite and can't wait for round two on it. Also glad BS 1 was included with game, wanting to play it. I'm not the best at shooter games (I'm too old and stupid to know what button to push when). I tried BS Infinite with the "move" controller but found it to be very hard for me as I'm left handed and using the "move" with second controller doesn't work for me. I'm going to try it again "right handed". Wish me luck:nervous:.

I had never played a BioShock game until I played Infinite, either.

Infinite is not a prequel (though there are references to the previous games, understanding - or even recognising - them is not essential to understand the story). It has a totally separate story, and the events are unrelated to previous games.

Finished up the campaign last night. Overall a great experience but Bioshock 1 still holds a special place in my heart as being the best Bioshock experience. B1 was just such an epic immersive environment and such an amazing camapaign experience.

Infinite is indeed a great game and overall was fun. The storyline was really good too but I cant help but think of how it reminded me of the movie called:

The Butterfly Effect. The end of this game reminde me so much of that movie.

So far I still vote Tomb Raider as GOTY 2013. I think the only other games that will give that game a run for its money will be GTA5 and The Last Of Us.

I'm really getting into BI and enjoying the smithereens outta it!

However, compared to other popular games that shine graphically on the X360, I've noticed some of BI's textures don't look as sharp and detailed.

Doh.. stupid console trade offs! #@&$%$

Gameplay is always most important to me but yes the graphics took a huge step backward from Bioshock 1. I have been noticing that with quite a few games that the graphics are looking worse in the sequals. Same thing happened with Crysis 3 on the 360. Looks worse than Crysis 2.

BSI looks much better than Bioshock 1 on PC.

Graphics are really pushing the Unreal engine to the max these days. But I think you may be thinking Bioshock 1 looks better because of the more stylized, very very lightly cartoon look. There's a ton more detail in the environment in BSI. Haven't experienced the console version so I can't exactly say whether the textures or whatever held up well enough or not.

BSI looks much better than Bioshock 1 on PC.

Graphics are really pushing the Unreal engine to the max these days. But I think you may be thinking Bioshock 1 looks better because of the more stylized, very very lightly cartoon look. There's a ton more detail in the environment in BSI. Haven't experienced the console version so I can't exactly say whether the textures or whatever held up well enough or not.
If you play the console version you will know exactly what we are talking about. B1 on the 360 looks much better graphically than Infinite on the 360.

From the funny pic thread...

BioshockPlayersWillKnow-6668.jpg

Made me chuckle. :)

Nice pics..made me crack up! :D

Although saying BI looks worse than BS1...nah, that's pushing it a little!

Will have to get more into the story though. Recently bought Batman AC and now I have to finish AA first...completely hooked! BI has taken a back seat for now!

Nice pics..made me crack up! :D

Although saying BI looks worse than BS1...nah, that's pushing it a little!

Will have to get more into the story though. Recently bought Batman AC and now I have to finish AA first...completely hooked! BI has taken a back seat for now!
Go download the Bioshock 1 demo on the 360 and compare that to Bioshock Infinite on the 360. I guarantee you the graphics have taken a step backward on the 360 version of Infinite.

Graphics on PC will obviously be better. I am talking 360 version.

Go download the Bioshock 1 demo on the 360 and compare that to Bioshock Infinite on the 360. I guarantee you the graphics have taken a step backward on the 360 version of Infinite.

Graphics on PC will obviously be better. I am talking 360 version.
My Bioshock Infinite came with a download of Bioshock 1 haven't played it yet (PS3 version). Are the graphics better on 1 with the download?

My Bioshock Infinite came with a download of Bioshock 1 haven't played it yet (PS3 version). Are the graphics better on 1 with the download?
Bioshock 1 will look the same regardless of being on disc or installed. Bioshock 1 is a beautiful game. If you haven't played that, its one of the most innovative experiences this gen.

I've been downloading this game for 10 hours and am only at 44% :P Can't wait to play it.

Have you purchase it from psn/xBL? It's so way over expensive this way :crazy: I couldn't stop myself from buying disc copies of entire Bioshock Series. And it was still cheaper than just Digital version of Infinite

Ah, the 4g signal in my parent's neighborhood gets me 4500kb/s on 5bars. The whole game downloaded over 4G in just 40 min. Just 1500 everywhere else with 3 bars.

That sounds luxury :P During the whole download it peaked at 545 kB p/s, but hovered around 80-200 for the most part...

That's what happens when you live in a rural area I guess...

EDIT: Just played my first hour and it was so fun.

Last edited:
Camaro boy, I do have Bioshock 1 installed on my 360. Both games have the same level or quality of graphics. However, I find the original Bioshock's setting more interesting. I think it's the setting of the game that makes the graphics stand out more.

Textures are pretty much on the same level in both games (X360 version).

Completed this game earlier, wish it lasted longer as I had so much fun playing it. The ending was unexpected and I spent most of the campaign being confused but still..

I looked up an explanation of the story and it makes sense now..pretty crazy.

Back