BMW M4 Review

United States
United States
BMW M4 Review: Verdict: For fun, not racing

The M4: the newest M Series BMW to hit gran turismo. After driving around Monza with it a bit, I had trouble finding what makes this car so special. There's nothing it does particularly well nor does it do anything wrong. It's fun car to drive. It grips when you want it to and you can kick out the back when you want for some sideways fun. However there's a lot of understeer when you brake so if you're one of those aggresive, brake late and hard into a corner, you won't have fun with this car. Also, it doesn't sound particularly good. Most know that the cars in gran turismo don't sound great but this car compared to the rest is just bad. It sounds like air just whooshing overhead. And what was gran turismo thinking about making this cars almost un-tune-able? Yeah you can a few horses in the power upgrades but nothing too heavy. Speaking of heavy, it weight almost 1 and a half metric tons (3,300 pounds) and you can't lose any weight. Overrall, the car can be fun to drive, but it's only good for fun driving.

For it's price it's not a good buy. You can have just as much fun for less in the Lexus IS F '07, Megan Trophy racers, and for just ~46,000 more credits, and Audi R8 FSI '07.

Well there's my first review, if you guys want more let me know! Request a premium car (be as specific as possible such as adding it's year) and I'll do my verdict on it.

As requested by: Skidmarks

Follow the original thread here so you can get updates on what car I'll review next. Suggestions welcome!: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

REPLAY HOPEFULLY COMING SOON!!

Last edited:
Well it's not good to buy because there's (still) no fine tuning. I'm not throttle control guy so I don't like oversteer at Nurburgring, but with full weight reduction, racing brakes, good LSD and suspension setup I think this car has great potential.

BTW can we expect unlocked tuning for this car in future updates?

BTW can we expect unlocked tuning for this car in future updates?[/quote]

You know I honestly cannot tell you. In this game, in my opinion at least I wouldn't think so unless there's complaints everywhere about it. Possibly in GT7 though but that's a year away and I noticed they don't like to change cars very much. I guess it depends on how big of a change polyphony is planning with GT7 but since they said they'd like it to come out around next year I wouldn't say there would be any massive changes like gt5 from gt4. Hopefully they work on the aerodynamics and body kits and thank the polyphony gods cause they said they'll be working on the sounds :D

Back