BMW Vision Gran Turismo Super Lap: Nürburgring GP/F

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 48 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium

BMW Vision Gran Turismo Super Lap: Nürburgring GP/F

VisionBMW_.jpg

Image ^ insert courtesy @GRANKUSTOM's GT6 Seasonal Events DATABASE thread.

Period of Availability: 05/14/2014 – 05/28/2014
Ratings Registration: 05/14/2014 – 05/28/2014

Times:
Bronze: 2:12.000
Silver: 2:03.000
Gold: 1:59.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.30,000
Silver: Cr.60,000
Gold Cr.110,000

BMW Vision Gran Turismo car obtained by just entering the event.
At least one full lap must be driven regardless of whether the time is valid or invalid.

Courtesy car:
BMW Vision Gran Turismo, Tires: RH.
Specs: 612 PP/541 HP/1180 KG.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tunes:
Not Applicable to event.

Course & Conditions:
Time: 14:00
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Nürburgring GP/F
----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Yes, this is gorgeous BMW!
Updating ......
:D

At least one full lap must be driven regardless of whether the time is valid or invalid.
That's very easy to get the car for free.
👍

Mine was like a 1 hour download along with 2 installs. 1 after download then another before game home screen. Both didn't take long maybe 30 mins less definitely not 1 hour.

Took about an hour for the total install for me. This BMW really drives great, sounding errrr not so much. Got a 1:55.1## after 7-8 runs so pretty good car overall, doesn't like the curbs as much as I would like on this track.

I set a 1:57.408 right now. The car need smooth driving to be able to set a very quick time. I wish this car have more grip

Yeah i just saw your time on my leader board! Thats me done for now until 23 hours time , gonna watch some boxing now!

Non Tuning event so you can't change any settings, including the brake balance which is forced to 5 5

I've saw it! I thought that in a garage u can do some
Setup that will affect in the seasonal race!

Put it about an hour of track time and after taking a break, I came up with a 1:55:841 on the first lap :).

Then i went and watched the replay for the top time to see where we differ and...wow. Crazy lines and on-edge driving! Its insane

Just managed a 1.56.803. That's the most I'm getting out of it, ever. DS3 and Automatic Trans, ABS OFF. One day I'll learn manual with the pad, my lines are good but AT is holding me back big time.

I was quite enthousiastic when I discovered this new VisionGT car that I bought one. And another to have both colors. Then I found out in the seasonal events that you could actually get one for free! Well I can always do a paint job and have three colours to chose from I thought....no such luck...

Congratulations for the members who did beat the time, my respect, I did love the BMW concept car ,the circuit, and the free gift, but did hate the tough challenge, because it was very hard for me this time, especially that I'm using a DS3 with Automatic transmition, my gear levels kept going down quickly at the technical corners, I don't mind hot lapping for hours, but my hands get numb and hurt from too much trying, it was a torture, at the end I did break the record, and got 1:58.586 sitting at 23,259 worldwide, my very high position ever, I hope PD will lower the difficulty a bit, these event is getting harder and exclusive for the experts, and the experienced drivers, or the ones who use the wheels with manual transmission set up. Also how come there is no color chip reward for this event?

This is my favorite set up that helped me win at the end

Active Steering OFF
Traction control 2
Active stability OFF
Abs 1
SRF OFF

Good luck to anyone participating for this event

Last edited:
Try MT, it will make you better, and this car is pretty manageable without TC.
Thanks for the tip, I'm sorry I meant the manual transmission, I did re-edit my post and corrected the word, yes you are right the MT can make me faster, I'm hoping to learn it one day, it will definitely help, and make the driving professional and close to racing life, I'm just concerned that MT will make me lose the enjoyment or reduce my focus on braking and turning.
Concerning the traction , yes you are right, it's possible to drive faster with 0 traction, for some reason ,I liked to drive aggressive and with ease at 2 traction, the 0 made me spin a lot. and caused so many restarts. :) I have a bad habit of pushing the gas hard and so fast.

Back