Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Is anyone playing yet? It doesn't unlock for me until Friday but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play then.

Also, about the previous/current-gen console thing, it could be a business ploy: Release them under the pretence that they're not going to be ported to current-gen consoles so fans buy the previous-gen version, then re-release it as a 'HD' port to current-gen a little down the line, like they did with GTA V.

Not too impressed with the latest BL compared to BL2. I don't care for the moon setting, the low gravity, or the enemies I've come across so far. The humor is also not as good in the time I've spent with it so far but I'm only about 3-4 hours into it.

This just sounds very, very annoying. I'm hoping they can get this right as I love the Borderlands games, but so far apart from the new weapon types it doesn't really grab my attention too much.

The O2 is really annoying but the only way to avoid it is to use Claptrap.

The Australianisms in this game.

Stereotypical accents are stupid

Got mine from EB Games, and it came with a metal DVD case.
2014-10-16 14.15.08.jpg

Been looking around, guess there is a softlock around level 46 for solo players and the orange level weapons are plentiful

The Australianisms in this game.

Stereotypical accents are stupid

Got mine from EB Games, and it came with a metal DVD case.
View attachment 240625

I co-op all Bl games with my Aussie mate. I know I'm looking forward to his reactions to the stereotypical stuff in this one :dopey:.

So anyone have a review for this compared To #2? I'm fairly interested but am wondering if it's really worth it.

Well to me it is like borderlands 2.5
Not a DLC as it is more of a full game with 4 DLCs coming, but it uses alot of assets from BL2
Same Engine(UE3)
Same voice lines for some things
Same kind of issues with drop rates(I find that health drop rates are very low compared to BL2)

One thing I have noticed is the "Stingray" reminds me alot of the UT3 "Manta" and it might just be an easter egg based on the looks, the way it works and the name alone
Looks from top
2014-10-17_00001.jpg
Air Jump
2014-10-17_00002.jpg
Air Drop(used to "Pancake" enemies)
2014-10-17_00003.jpg

Manta from UT3
Unreal_tournament_3_manta.png

I cant find a UT3 mantas Air Drop, but this is the Manta from UT2004, The UT3 one works in the same manner
images

I couldn't find a manta jump pic.

Well to me it is like borderlands 2.5
Not a DLC as it is more of a full game with 4 DLCs coming, but it uses alot of assets from BL2
Same Engine(UE3)
Same voice lines for some things
Same kind of issues with drop rates(I find that health drop rates are very low compared to BL2)

One thing I have noticed is the "Stingray" reminds me alot of the UT3 "Manta" and it might just be an easter egg based on the looks, the way it works and the name alone
Looks from top
View attachment 240992
Air Jump
View attachment 240991
Air Drop(used to "Pancake" enemies)
View attachment 240993

Manta from UT3
Unreal_tournament_3_manta.png

I cant find a UT3 mantas Air Drop, but this is the Manta from UT2004, The UT3 one works in the same manner
images

I couldn't find a manta jump pic.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly man, that's cool, will consider buying it now 👍

2K Australia.
But the voices sound forced australian to me.
Considering that this is set in our future, and no one would be using the same idioms and slang as we currently use, I can only assume it's a current fad at that point in time to 'talk 21stCentury' and along with that exaggeration is also likely (consider Scooter and Ellie.)

Not too impressed with the latest BL compared to BL2. I don't care for the moon setting, the low gravity, or the enemies I've come across so far. The humor is also not as good in the time I've spent with it so far but I'm only about 3-4 hours into it.
Don't tell me you didn't know about the Moon and low-gravity...

It's really funny that you get three warnings if you want to select Claptrap as your character.

Last edited:
I've heard (user opinions that) the missions are pretty bad in this one, very long and involving a lot of backtracking, but other... Things, like the item of the day actually being quite good, are improved over Borderlands 2. I think I might be ok with that trade-off, I don't know. I'll wait to see if the DLC improves on that problem before buying the season pass, though.

Oh, and I might get round to downloading, installing and playing the game itself at some point.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which character fits my play style the best. In the past two Borderlands, I just picked the sniper class and went to town, in the Pre-Sequel though there really isn't a sniper class. So far I've been using Claptrap, mainly so I don't have to deal with oxygen.

I think the O2 situation is pretty easy, there seem to be plenty of vents and shooting those small outcroppings/dung piles (whatever they are) yields more bottles, as do downed enemies. I really haven't had any problems so far.

Considering that this is set in our future, and no one would be using the same idioms and slang as we currently use, I can only assume it's a current fad at that point in time to 'talk 21stCentury' and along with that exaggeration is also likely (consider Scooter and Ellie.)

Don't tell me you didn't know about the Moon and low-gravity...

It's really funny that you get three warnings if you want top select Claptrap as your character.

I did know and I don't like it. And yes, the Claptrap warning is funny.

I think the O2 situation is pretty easy, there seem to be plenty of vents and shooting those small outcroppings/dung piles (whatever they are) yields more bottles, as do downed enemies. I really haven't had any problems so far.

Not a problem, just an annoyance.

I played it briefly with athena last night. I'm having fun getting used to playing it with a keyboard and mouse as apposed to a controller which I played the other 2 with.

I've heard (user opinions that) the missions are pretty bad in this one, very long and involving a lot of backtracking, but other... Things, like the item of the day actually being quite good, are improved over Borderlands 2. I think I might be ok with that trade-off, I don't know. I'll wait to see if the DLC improves on that problem before buying the season pass, though.

Oh, and I might get round to downloading, installing and playing the game itself at some point.
With me running a three-day night-shift, I find even some of the smaller missions to be a bit too long for the avialble time I have. I don't thing they are bad though, I'll just have to lay off them until I'm on my 'weekend.'

It is a lot of fun and as you'd expect, plenty of good guns to try, especially the lasers :)

I just finished it,
It answers some questions on how somethings happened in BL2.
I find some of the laser guns highly annoying as some are hitscan and others are not and with the hitscan weapons you can be sniped and i mean sniped which can screw you if you end up being thrown into FFYL

I love this laser gun though.
The Dahl ZX-1 with replay

Finished the first playthrough.
Since I was quite bored I decided to try to have a little fun when fighting the hidden boss "Iwajia" by using only one gun(in my case a shotgun) and with my oz kit removed.

I think it'll be a while before I get the first playthrough completed - hell, I've only just unlocked the third weapon slot...and I keep forgetting to use Athena's skill...

I have no one to group play with.

Danm it is boring since I am nearly done with the 2nd playthrough as Athena.

All though I have been having this quote in my head after playing a while

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy"

I have no one to group play with.

Danm it is boring since I am nearly done with the 2nd playthrough as Athena.

All though I have been having this quote in my head after playing a while

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy"

I would say I could but I'm only at lvl 16 with Athena atm. Also not sure if when I play it'd be bad hours for you since your in Australia. I usually play at 10pm GMT onwards.

I would say I could but I'm only at lvl 16 with Athena atm. Also not sure if when I play it'd be bad hours for you since your in Australia. I usually play at 10pm GMT onwards.

I have a Lv8 Athena that is running around like a badass without an oz kit.

I finally got around to playing a bit, got as far as leaving Concordia and stopped. I'm playing as Nisha, it was between her and Athena but I figured a lot of people seem to choose Athena so I thought I'd try Nisha instead. I like the bonuses you get for having Borderlands and Borderlands 2 already, the shotgun and revolver were pretty useful... In fact I'm still using the shotgun with the laser you get from Deadlift. The game is fun enough but I can't tell if I burned out on Borderlands by playing as much Borderlands 2 as I have because it didn't really make me want to keep playing. I'll keep going though, of course, just not right now. Maybe I'll try again later tonight.

Me and a friend are currently at level 45 with me playing Athena and him playing Nisha, and the both of us are really enjoying it, the new features are actually a lot of fun imo. What is annoying is that a load of the bosses are one time encounters, so you can't farm them for their legendary. That being said drop rates are noticeably better, we've pulled at least 5 oranges from vendors and at least 3 from normal super-badasses.

Also for anyone playing a melee Athena build, I'd recommend looking into a roid shield called The Shooting Star, it one hits pretty much everything...

Back