British Engineering

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_6.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_1.jpg

Now THIS is British engineering at is's best :D

Jaguar XJR-9 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans by Metalsun1, on Flickr

By the time the 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans came around again, Porsche was still a dominating force. If you were a privateer team and wanted to win this race, an obvious car to invest in and take to the race would be a Porsche 962. They had won for the last 7 years straight. The odds were stacked against the other teams. Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) brought to the fight 5, factory supported Jaguar XJR-9s. A development of the XJR-8s, the XJR-9s had increased its horsepower to 750hp and aerodynamic efficiency by 15%, in part by re-installing the rear wheel covers, low rear spoiler and truncated bodywork. After 31 years, Jaguar without a win, Johnny Dumfries, Jan Lammers and Andy Wallace take the checkered flag in the Silk Cut sponsored #2 XJR-9, chassis number TWR-J12C-488, and saw Jaguar take the World Championship with wins in six out of 10 Group C races.

Last edited:

Off The Line

I LOVE those steel wheels, they can look great on a car and they look great on my orange Mclaren F1.

I gunned it off the line and promptly lost control and ended up in the barrier! I never said i was a good driver :/

Anyway...Thanks for looking

Guys a quick one. I try to link a picture on GTPlanet but its always broken. Am i doing something wrong? Not intending to hijack the forum or whatsoever.

Latest Posts

Back