Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
I'm in for this.

And idea how about for future seasons. Place a Catergory on it or something. E.g

90's FR cars.

Or Japanese MR Cars.

Just and idea to spice it up in future

I'm in for this too, I like the idea of an online competition where I don't have to worry about watching my mirrors for the cars about to lap me. I'll go and hunt down a car now.

Well, we'll see. For now I'm starting small.

Maintenance is going to be free, as foresight has kind of taught me that no matter what, racing is gonna wear out a car, new or used.

Well, we'll see. For now I'm starting small.

Maintenance is going to be free, as foresight has kind of taught me that no matter what, racing is gonna wear out a car, new or used.

Does that mean that restoring rigidity and angine rebuild are not considered for the 50,000 Cr.? Also, If we change aero parts or wheels, does that also count towards the budget?

Does that mean that restoring rigidity and angine rebuild are not considered for the 50,000 Cr.? Also, If we change aero parts or wheels, does that also count towards the budget?

I think it was mentioned before that wheels and paints are considered free. Aero adds downforce so I don't think they'd be free.

Allow me to cut in for a moment.

To appease my own curiosity, I have made a car that is eligible to compete in my own challenge.

I'm going to call this:

The Founder's Car

'02 Daihatsu Copen Active Top 15000 CR
Front + Rear Aero 1500 CR
Stage 1 Weight Reduction 5000 CR
ECU 1000 CR
Racing Filter 450 CR
Sports Converter 500 CR
Midrange Turbo 10000 CR
Twin Plate Clutch 2500 CR
Semi Racing Flywheel 1500 CR
Racing Wheels 3500 CR
Sports Soft Tires 8000 CR

Total 48950 CR

And what's the Founder's Car capable of?

Round 1 Trial Mountain Forward Dry:
1:56.103

See if your time gets close to mine if you're not the fastest out there. Let's call that the Founder's Challenge!

:scared:

I I bought close to 15 different cars to try and find one that FITs my driving style. and stopped from rebuilding engines.

So 1:30.00 is gonna be approx the winning time right?

I got a car I just am not sure if I am gonna enter it. its fast but its pretty stock lol

I love this challenge so much variation. so if I submit my car and a picture. can I update my times as the week goes on and I get faster or is it once submitted thats it?

Oh, and can we also decide that paint and wheels are free? I want to take this Lemons racing idea online and see how I fare, but I don't want to look like every other same-colored used car.

Yeah, no problem.

Maintain your cars in between events. I don't really think a bunch of worn out cars make for good racing.

The Founder's Car

'02 Daihatsu Copen Active Top 15000 CR
Front + Rear Aero 1500 CR
Stage 1 Weight Reduction 5000 CR
ECU 1000 CR
Racing Filter 450 CR
Sports Converter 500 CR
Midrange Turbo 10000 CR
Twin Plate Clutch 2500 CR
Semi Racing Flywheel 1500 CR
Racing Wheels 3500 CR
Sports Soft Tires 8000 CR

Total 48950 CR

I'm kind of confused now. Are wheels free or not? :nervous:

Ah. Well, anything that improves performance on a new car with zero miles costs money. An aero kit costs money, lighter wheels costs money, and racing modifications cost too much money.

Resprays and maintenance are free.

Considering how I made a Copen the Founder's Car, I probably wasted 3500 CR.

It also would limit competitors' readily-available choices, and I don't want to do that. A UCD challenge will be for another day.

Looking at how things are going, it'll be better to run let this season run and fine tune it accordingly later for the next season. I believe this challenge is very interesting and allows for a lot of variety and flexibility. There will be two camps I believe, one to participate the challenge for fun, and the other camp is to build to win! haha...

But I think it's gonna be a fun challenge.

I'm kind of confused now. Are wheels free or not?

Don´t be. We are talking about the rims. They are free. Not the actual tires.

Can we actually post more than 1 car, and after the event we automatically take the fastest?

Or we post more than 1 car and only the fastest counts??? I already postet a car, but think there might be a faster or better driving one???

I would like to take part if I am not too late. Been playing around with a couple of cars already. Not sure I'm going to post a winning time but it'll be fun all the same. I'm trying to get away from the Japanese cars but not succeeding to well at the mo.........
I'll email you my details before the end of the competition or do I need to let you know what I am going to be using beforehand?

Don´t be. We are talking about the rims. They are free. Not the actual tires.

Wrong. OP says 'they lower weight, therefore increasing performance, ergo their cost needs to be taken into account'.

I didn't know they lowered weight personally, but I still don't care.

As for the others, it's impossible to register more than 1 car.
You can run 1,000 cars, you're only gunna send the FASTEST lap time to his email. The deadline to send your email is January 23rd.

In this email, you'll have a picture of your best lap time, the car used, and every upgrade you installed, and a price for all of the above, with a running total, showing you stayed under the 50k mark.

Ah. Well, anything that improves performance on a new car with zero miles costs money. An aero kit costs money, lighter wheels costs money, and racing modifications cost too much money.

Resprays and maintenance are free.

Considering how I made a Copen the Founder's Car, I probably wasted 3500 CR.

I see. My mistake. Looks like I'll have to remove my wheels and put the stock ones back on, then try and beat my own time. 👍

I got as message today from a guy who is now trying to better my time in the Founder's Car itself and while I wish him (her?) all the best, the object is to go flat-out in any car and attempt to match my time. You don't have to use the Founder's car to do so.

The winner of the Founder's Challenge will get a comedy prize every event (I got the idea from a Star Trek caption contest), so keep driving!

Wrong. OP says 'they lower weight, therefore increasing performance, ergo their cost needs to be into account'.

Ok my bad. He said it. But help me out with this one:

Basic weight 1490kg, after rims/wheel change 1490kg...

It still sais in the wheel description it enhances performance. But a wheel(rim) only increases perfomance if its lighter or produces less aerodynamic draft.

I read somewhere rims and paint is free, since it is just cosmetic?

Now I´m confused...:ill:

Ok my bad. He said it. But help me out with this one:

Basic weight 1490kg, after rims/wheel change 1490kg...

It still sais in the wheel description it enhances performance. But a wheel(rim) only increases perfomance if its lighter or produces less aerodynamic draft.

I read somewhere rims and paint is free, since it is just cosmetic?

Now I´m confused...:ill:

I just beat my old time after putting the stock wheels back on, so I don't think wheels add to performance in GT5 at all.

Submitted my time, hopefully it's good enough. :D

What do you mean with the photo?

A replay picture?

Sorry for being too noobish.

Otherwise, I'm in.

A photo of your laptimes, quite literally means...
Take a picture of your lap times.

Photo proof that you ran the lap you say you ran.

Grab a camera and take a picture of your TV screen.

Here's an example just in case:

Times are sent via Email as the OP says.

I just beat my old time after putting the stock wheels back on, so I don't think wheels add to performance in GT5 at all.

Submitted my time, hopefully it's good enough. :D

So you drive a premium car...interesting :sly::sly:
I also put them back on. Will see what it does to my times...:scared:

So you drive a premium car...interesting :sly::sly:
I also put them back on. Will see what it does to my times...:scared:

As do you. :P

Wheels don't affect performance from what I've seen, so it'll be fine, your car will just look a bit naked. :sly:

Awesome Idea, about to send off all my details and lap times.

I was reading the thread and alot of people are talking about spliting everything into Drivetrain Classes, or Power Classes, but i believe that at the end of each 'season' it would be good to have a leaderboard based on Year of Production of the car used. Hopefully there will be some sort of leaderboard posted and i think this would provide people who opt to use an older car with a chance to see how they went against some newer cars

:dunce:

I am starting to think the dame car is going to be driven by everyone... Should be interesting :-)

All competitors, keep going! You have until the 23rd and I will start posting results I've received on Thursday.

I'm more than pleased with the turnout so far.

Back