Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
Sorry guys, I've been busy and couldn't get out a challenge in time.

As long as it's not a race car, Premiums are allowed. Just make sure you bought it with Credits.

As for your first challenge, it'll be from today to Tuesday: switchbacks and tight turns taken at speed can unsettle a car without enough grip in its tires.

You will find out how much grip you don't by setting a lap at the Eiger Nordwand Short Track, Forward and setting a lap time.

And as a hint for next time, how many of you have the Special Stage Route X speed DLC?

no DLC here either, I'm waiting till they give it to us for free in Spec 3.0 (crossed fingers). I don't want to hold back the group though so I'll sit out if I have to.

on another note, eiger norwand! whoohooo! my personal benchmark for all my cars, although I run them all on sports soft tires normaly. I love a good 4-wheel restling match, and I should have a good one here! anybody w/awd is Gona rock in this test!

Last edited:
Sorry don't have the route X DLC here either. Bad internet connection makes it nearly impossible to download anything from PSN store:(

On a brighter note it looks like the money I spent on that suspension may pay off immediately...if I can actually figure out how and when to shift this beast...:crazy::lol:

Guess I really lucked out...380hp, 350ft-lb torque, 1260kg and anywhere between 5-25 downforce...:D
Right proper beast...unfortunately doubt the driver is up to delivering the kind of performance the car should be capable of.:drool::crazy::lol:

I have the DLC, glad I am sitting March out as I'm not the biggest fan of Eiger (Based on sod and his / her / it's laws, this means Airrider is going to include it next month too!)

Sorry guys, I've been busy and couldn't get out a challenge in time.

As long as it's not a race car, Premiums are allowed. Just make sure you bought it with Credits.

As for your first challenge, it'll be from today to Tuesday: switchbacks and tight turns taken at speed can unsettle a car without enough grip in its tires.

You will find out how much grip you don't by setting a lap at the Eiger Nordwand Short Track, Forward and setting a lap time.

And as a hint for next time, how many of you have the Special Stage Route X speed DLC?
Sweet! I'm going to lose by miles this season, but I'm going to have so much fun. :D

I have all of the current DLC. 👍

This is gonna be fun. I love Eiger. It's a testing track for most of my cars. Having 4WD may help me out a bit here too :sly:

I don't have any of the DLC either I'm afraid.

^ Haha, how come you're gonna lose this season Roj :P RWD on comfort hards? :P

VTiRoj
Yep! 30k budget is exactly the price of a Toyota GT86. My daily drift car is a GT86 on comfort hards, so this'll be very fun. :P

Haha. Yep you'll definitely have more fun than me!

There better not be a drifting round again this season, or I'll definitely lose my title to you this time :P

Haha. Yep you'll definitely have more fun than me!

There better not be a drifting round again this season, or I'll definitely lose my title to you this time :P

This is the part where Airrider puts 3 drift challenges in a row. :D

VTiRoj
This is the part where Airrider puts 3 drift challenges in a row. :D

Nooo haha. That would kill me. It'd be a fair amount of fun. And a lot of handbrake-pulling :P

I reckon there will be one in there though. We're all on comfort hards, drifting would be the perfect thing to do!

Nooo haha. That would kill me. It'd be a fair amount of fun. And a lot of handbrake-pulling :P

I reckon there will be one in there though. We're all on comfort hards, drifting would be the perfect thing to do!

Like the 4WD season a while back. :lol:

I should hope so. :lol:

I'm hopeing for a dirt or snow rally but guessing that's probably not going to happen, although Airrider did say you wanted a good all around car...:crazy::lol:

So I'm buying this speed test DLC...

anybody have the racing car pack or the Spa francor-champs packs? the gt site doesn't say much about what 15 cars you get in the racing pack, and I was wondering if you thought it was worth the money.

Okay so we email Airrider a photo of our times...can we update those times or is it best to wait until a few hours before the deadline?:confused:

So I'm buying this speed test DLC...

anybody have the racing car pack or the Spa francor-champs packs? the gt site doesn't say much about what 15 cars you get in the racing pack, and I was wondering if you thought it was worth the money.

You're basically paying for an updated X2010, a headlight on your kart, a kart with a smaller engine, a kart with a bigger engine and 11 RM cars.

As far as performance goes though, you're getting some of the fastest cars in their classes, so you do get your money's worth. There's no new models in the racing pack, but that's where car park 2 and 3 come in. 👍

Also here's a handy thread for DLC questions.

It's best to submit your fastest time before the deadline. I'm fine with receiving late entries, that's totally cool.
I'm planning to have my time submitted on time. My question was if I send you a time say today can I send you a faster time on say Sunday or should I hold off sending any time until late Monday?

I figure I'll spend a little time each day trying to fine tune my car and attempting to get a faster lap, but then again what I have now may be as good as it gets for me...:crazy:

XDesperado67
I'm planning to have my time submitted on time. My question was if I send you a time say today can I send you a faster time on say Sunday or should I hold off sending any time until late Monday?

I figure I'll spend a little time each day trying to fine tune my car and attempting to get a faster lap, but then again what I have now may be as good as it gets for me...:crazy:

How can you fine tune car for 30000

hey Airrider, I had an idea, since I'm buying the route x speed pack, if you want to hold an event there I'll
help test cars for you from the players that don't have it. just send me anon. setups so I can't be biased toward one guy or another and I'll ring the best numbers out of them. I can even send you replay vids to prove they're optimum runs!
I'd love a speed competition! besides, VTiRoj tunes car pro. so he'll see in a new york sec wether or not their legit sounding times.

You spent a lot on suspension
Height adjustable was Cr.4500 figured with the tires being restricted to Comfort Hards being able to make the most of the tires through suspension tuning would be of greater benefit than a bunch more power that the tires and stock suspension just can't deal with.:D As I said I've already got 380HP and 350ft-lb torque, pushing those somewhere over 400 with a low RPM turbo was only likely to produce even larger clouds of smoke than its prone to already.:crazy: Also I've got very little practice driving manual transmission for anything other than drifting and I just recently started learning to drift so...:drool::lol:

I'd love a speed competition! besides, VTiRoj tunes car pro. so he'll see in a new york sec wether or not their legit sounding times.
:lol:

I don't think anyone here would cheat anyway. We're all in this for fun and there's no physical prize, so cheating would be pointless. 👍

Also XDesperado67 is a pretty good tuner too. :D:tup:

Sorry it came across wrong I didn't mean it like that
I was more curious to see how people (more wisely ) spent the budget

My times are looking really bad after "first practice" what have I signed myself up for?

I'll answer my own question last place ;)

Last edited:
So wait, are Comfort Hards compulsory? I thought it meant those were the tyres you had to use if you didn't buy any of your own?

Back