Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
I have a problem. I can find Cape Ring Periphery, but not the reverse configuration.

Yeap, that's right, there is an error in the Leaderboard, ChewYL is me, I don't deserve the 4pts! haha...

Dam I haven't had the time today to get the email with my pic off do to my daughter's birthday. It would have netted me second place with a 1:31.115. Well I will just have to win the second round.

That was with just twenty laps tried ;-)

Last edited:
Get airrider check your verizon email.

Yeah periphery is not listed under my reverse tracks either. I will look to see if it is unlockable

update : periphery is not listed as an unlockable for the reverse course that I could see.

Last edited:
Wait, really? Anyone else having this problem?
I have the same problem no reverse version. Is this track unlocked from a challenge or something ? Also my car is the '04 version I bought from the ucd it was listed on here as an '05 I just noticed that.

im impressed by the caterham. that thing costs 48,328 and i remember mine feeling rather slow stock. Plus the suspension is awful unless you tune it to be alot softer.

I'll get in on the next one ... I put it off to the weekend and then, of course, I had a 103 degree fever all weekend and couldn't really race for more than a few minutes before getting too dizzy.

Hey my time is missing from the leaderboard :guilty:
I emailed it to you on 18/1/11? I'll post my time here, but let me know if you don't have the email and I can resend it.

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version II 1995
Time: 1.34.241

GT5_1.jpg

Well, bring on the ring is all I can say. I was gutted that I could not get under 1:35 no matter what I did. I knew I wasn't going to be at the to be at the top end of the times but my personal goal was to get under that 1:35.
I overtuned as well and got steadily worse and lost track of my tuning and couldn't get it back. I didn't even think of the Camaro, I've already got one stock as well........ and the Caterham as well, good job.

How many rounds are we doing with these cars before we can change? Just the two?
This is a great bit of fun.

Congratulations to those at the top, and good luck to everyone for round two.

I must admit I breathed a sigh of relief that I'm no too far off the top (sort of). Slowest in a Camaro, but never mind.

I think this challenge will keep me entertained for a long time. Í still look for cars and try not to spend more than 50.000Cr. We should have an open Leaderboard in another Thread, linked to this one were people missing the deadline or just keep trying to beat the times after the deadline are mentioned. But just for specific tracks and maybe just the first 5 with their car, their tuning etc. So anybody looking at this thread at the first time, could still try to beat the times without taking part in the Pointrace.

This challenge is in my opinion the brightest idea after whatever Einstein came up with. This really keeps me in front of this damn console for 25 hours a day. 👍

im impressed by the caterham. that thing costs 48,328 and i remember mine feeling rather slow stock. Plus the suspension is awful unless you tune it to be alot softer.

its rapid when its going and 4 wheel drifts with all assists off so cornering is slick... also loads better in MT than AT like 8 secs a lap quicker!

Wow, sixth. Thats much higher than I expected to be. Next time I should hopefully be able to spend more time on my lap due to not having more exams. And, I didn't even think of checking the New Car Dealership for this challenge to be honest, which was pretty dumb of me.

Thanks for running this Airrider, its brilliant! I'm really enjoying it.

I'll be getting some laps in tomorrow night. I know now from Trail Mountain the Camaro is the car to beat here too. Had I gotten more time last week there were about 2 seconds that could have been shaved off.

I think that cape ring will be a perfect proving ground this week for the Camaro! The only concern is the jump after the turn around. I see a lot of new front ends being put on the car.

I bought a '10 Camaro and put some R.H. tires on it to try it out on the Cape Ring P. It is definately fast here. Looking forward to seeing how the WRX stacks up against the competition this week. Good luck to everyone and thanks Airrider for putting this together.

I think I'm doing okay. Sports softs are going to have more of a disadvantage here against the racing hards because the Camaro loves to slide here. :lol: I'm in the low 1:4x.xxx so I think with less sliding and more track knowledge, high 1:3x.xxx's are possible.

Gonna get some laps in tonight but not sure the RX-7 will have much of a chance against the Camaros or the WRX....... really thought I was on to something with that RX-7. Nevermind, bring on the change of car........ :)

Well I'm at my limit, I think the Impreza and the Camaro's with R1 tyres will beat me here. :(

Have just sent my time in. Not sure I'll have any more real life time to try and get a better time, I know there's at least .5 sec I can get it down by but I don't seem to have the driving ability. Still not going to be a winning time but I am looking forward to how I will stack up against the rest of you.

Laters

Back