Butt kicker gamer 2 .. Is it worth getting for GT6 ?

• Thread starter huhobanut
  • 53 comments
OP's post got me looking into this. Very reasonably priced it would seem. VERY interested here :) Though a question...

Is it mega noisy ? like having the neighbours knock on your walls, kinda noisy ?:banghead::gtpflag:

It works remarkably well with the ****** sounds of GT6. And no, if you don't crank it up too much it does not bother the neighbors. With GT6 is more of a "feel the sound" feeling where as with PC sims and simvibe you feel the road.

Thank you :)👍

Is it mega noisy ? like having the neighbours knock on your walls, kinda noisy ?:banghead::gtpflag:

Yes, can be, mine used to make the neighbour's kitchen resonate, fixed it by making an anechoic mat to go underneath. Basically it kicks out a lot of sub-audible stuff that can travel, it depends on where you live and how it's built.

Don't let that stop you getting one though, just be aware that if you live in a British 80s Barratt's house you're going to be kicking a lot of butts ;)

ok, so as long as i make provisions, the noise can be managed to a degree, that's cool, thanks for all the answers gentlemen ! :cheers:

Yes and thanks from me too ... Wasn't sure if GT6 had enough bass to get a good kick from it .. But all seems ok .. Thanks again

I have two of these..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPTBI/?tag=gtplanet-20

..and one of these..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KRAP6/?tag=gtplanet-20

Hooked up to my sim rig.. on a crossbar under the front of my seat, I had to do a little fabrication to get it to work just right without unwanted vibration noises but it was well worth the time and effort.
http://www.shop.sim-seats.com/SR-X-Driving-Simulator-SS-20-SRX.htm

It adds another level of depth and realism that make playing any racing game or sim a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I think you have to hook it up to the sub-out on your home theater to get the most out of it. That way you can adjust the level by turning up the subwoofer gain, you can also use the receivers low-pass cross over to adjust the cut-off of frequency that the amp receives, then it can be further adjusted using the amp x-over and volume knobs.

If that thing gives half as good results of my setup, I'd say go for it.

IMG_3888.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

This (pic below) was actually the aluminum wheel deck for the SR-2, the single post rig I bought first before getting the upgrade kit to upgrade it to the SRX dual-post rig..

I glued it to the bar with Loctite Weld Epoxy.
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_weld_t/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Weld-Bonding-Compound.htm
http://shop.sim-seats.com/SR-2-Driving-Simulator-SS-20-SR2.htm
IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

So I went through all that trouble to get bass shakers working on my rig.. I'm glad I did though.

Am I the only one needing to put volume very high in order to get some response from the BK?
I guess so. Do you also increase the vibration of the BK to max and still it is weak? Try hooking up headphones or speakers to the output you are using for the BK and see how loud it is.

It's working very well on my setup (R-Seat Formula + T500RS). I used an old PS component output cable to the Butt-Kicker amp, and enabled dual output on the PS3, so the HDMI to the projector and the Component output to the Butt-Kicker is driven simultaneously.

To isolate the R-Seat from ratteling on my stone tile floor, I put it on a 2cm thick soft silicone mat that I moulded by pouring 2cm silicone in a frying pan. Theres absolutely no noise and the Butt-Kicker is not dampened by the floor at all. :)

Am I the only one needing to put volume very high in order to get some response from the BK?

Are you using an amp? If so, does it have a crossover or low pass filter. If not, buy a subwoofer amp for it.

Buttkicker works off low frequency, similar to a subwoofer. If you are feeding full range into it, it will sound awful, and it will require high volume.

I've got 2 Earthquake minis and 2 Aura bass shakers on my rig. Also 2 subwoofers on the floor behind it.

Are you using an amp? If so, does it have a crossover or low pass filter. If not, buy a subwoofer amp for it.

Buttkicker works off low frequency, similar to a subwoofer. If you are feeding full range into it, it will sound awful, and it will require high volume.

I've got 2 Earthquake minis and 2 Aura bass shakers on my rig. Also 2 subwoofers on the floor behind it.

Well, i plugged it to my subwoofer out... and my subwoofer works perfectly on it. I don't get it.

Try turning up subwoofer gain all the way?

Also try crossover of 80hz.. maybe 90hz if you want a little higher buzzing.

You may need a separate line-level booster to get the most out of it, or a better receiver if you don't have enough adjustments/ output level.. unfortunately.

BWX-> Tx for your answers.

Tried all that already... and my reciever is an onkyo 905...way enough to drive the BK (i used to have a Denon AVCA1...same problem)...

I am starting to wonder if my BK was not faulty from the very start....

Snoopybg-> Yes: I do have it. The problem is that it requires a high volume level (on my Onkyo amp) before having the signal recieved (green led lighting when it gets a signal).

To be clear: I go from my Onkyo amplifier subwoofer OUT line to the BK amp IN line. Just as I should.

I am not even talking about the auto-on mode that should turn the BK on as soon as it gets a signal...almost never works: even, at full volume. I always have to turn it on manually.

Snoopybg-> Yes: I do have it. The problem is that it requires a high volume level (on my Onkyo amp) before having the signal recieved (green led lighting when it gets a signal).

To be clear: I go from my Onkyo amplifier subwoofer OUT line to the BK amp IN line. Just as I should.
Why not go directly from PS3 to BK amp?
I use the HDMI to the screen and the old component connector to the BK amp. Enable dual output in the PS3 menu and you're good to go. Now you can regulate the volume of your audio independantly from your BK volume. :)

Why not go directly from PS3 to BK amp?
I use the HDMI to the screen and the old component connector to the BK amp. Enable dual output in the PS3 menu and you're good to go. Now you can regulate the volume of your audio independantly from your BK volume. :)

Interesting... but I am not sure I get it. What do you mean by "old component"? From where do you take the sound that goes to the mk ?

That old connetor that was also on a PS2 ... I don't know what it is called, but it splits out into three phono plugs. One yellow with video, one red with right audio and one white with left audio. I used one of the audio plugs and cut off the other two. I also shortened the audio channel I used, because I only needed 20cm between the BK amp and the PS3.

Last edited:
That old connetor that was also on a PS2 ... I don't know what it is called, but it splits out into three phono plugs. One yellow with video, one red with right audio and one white with left audio. I used one of the audio plugs and cut off the other two. I also shortened the audio channel I used, because I only needed 20cm between the BK amp and the PS3.

Tried it... works great !!!! Tx so much mate ! Would never have thought of it by myself ! I love my Buttkicker now....

Back