Buttkicker now available again!!

• Thread starter trk29
  • 111 comments
Like it a lot when it's doing what I want it too! Having a hard time dialing out music. There aren't enough connection options in the box.

I need to get a L/R female to single male RCA cable to run straight from the PS3' audio out. I was running the Y from my "mains to external amp". Worked fine, as long as audio is going through mains. If most of the sound was coming from the center channel, I had no signal. Now I'm sending my "subwoofer out" to the BK Amp and then back out to the sub.

I can't use a headphone jack, my receiver only has the 1/4" jack and I don't have an adapter.

It's just a little frustrating getting it dialed in. I really don't want to have to turn my music off. I wish they could develop this thing to use the FFB and vibration codes directly from the PS3.

I'm also playing with different mounting points on the Obutto. Right now it's on the right front down bar of the seat part of the frame.

Am I happy with my $130 investment? You bet'cha! The first wall you crash into or car that hits you or low rumble of an idling engine makes it worth it!

DTS,

Here are the settings I use for my BKA300. Try adjusting the audio settings in the GT5 settings menu for your music. I also found trying to adjust the BK during B-Spec races is the best way (so you can focus on the BK feedback). Remember that wind noise doesn't pick up till about 120mph+ and not all off the raised curbs provide feedback because they are flat and not ribbed, the Nurburgring is full of these curbs. Special stage route 5 is really cool with the expansion joints on the bridge, the cobblestone roads in Rome are a neat effect as well. Like you said in your post, when selecting ANY car in your garage the engine startup is phenomenal. I have found it is not so great while racing (unless your on bumper cam), but when you are behind another car you generally get to enjoy the exhaust notes then. I keep my music off since I "listen" for my shift points, some cars I can even "feel" when I shift the transmission. I have my BK nearly dialed in and I am constantly finding new things to enjoy when playing. Honestly I find it hard to play GT5 or any other game without the BK:tup: See you guys on the Track!

Well, I ordered one. Thanks for all the info here. I was easily swayed into trying this.

OwensRacing
Well, I ordered one. Thanks for all the info here. I was easily swayed into trying this.

What sort if sound system are you using? If it's a digital system, I suggest buying a single line RCA cable with male ends. Run that from your "sub out" to the "line in" of the ButtKicker's amp. Connect your current sub cable to the "line out" from the amp. The signal will pass through.

Or get a Y splitter - 1 male end, 2 female ends. Connect the Y into the "sub out" then connect the sub cable and line in cables.

I used to have a Y splitter, can't find it now :(

Last edited:
Ordered today after setting up my Playseat last night......man I'm dump'n some serious coin into this......you guys are all the devil =)

GT5 + G27 + Playseat + Buttkicker

Gaming has never been this fun!

What sort if sound system are you using? If it's a digital system, u suggest buying a single line RCA cable with male ends. Run that from your "sub out" to the "line in" of the ButtKicker's amp. Connect your current sub cable to the "line out" from the amp. The signal will pass through.

Or get a Y splitter - 1 male end, 2 female ends. Connect the Y into the "sub out" then connect the sub cable and line in cables.

I used to have a Y splitter, can't find it now :(

Thank you!! Exactly what I was looking to do. You reassured me and what I was thinking is correct.

Ordered today after setting up my Playseat last night......man I'm dump'n some serious coin into this......you guys are all the devil =)

GT5 + G27 + Playseat + Buttkicker

Gaming has never been this fun!

You will definetely enjoy it! The difference between the men and the boys are the price of their toys!

Came today, hooked and enjoying the heck out of this gem.

I have a low feed out of my Receiver...its up to date stuff from Denon. So interrupted this connection with the buttkicker amp and added another single back to receiver. Fidget with setting to get what I like and been enjoying since.

Again thanks for the info and help. Pleasant experience from buying to hook-up and set up.

I just clamped it to the vertical pipe of the shifter bracket, yeah it's kicking my butt pretty good!!! Probably the best position I have tried thusfar. The effect is spread across the whole seating area.

9e74e6b7.jpg

Last edited:
How can i reduce the rattling of the BK and still experience the extra it offers?

I have a 5.1 digital output receiver with the BK attached to de Sub out (and connected my sub to the line out of the BK). I have an playseat with the clamb mod and experience OR rattling OR almost no fb from the BK at all.

I configured the BK with the game settings provided in the manual and have the ingame music off. Sub out is set to max output.

Any ideas?

How can i reduce the rattling of the BK and still experience the extra it offers?

I have a 5.1 digital output receiver with the BK attached to de Sub out (and connected my sub to the line out of the BK). I have an playseat with the clamb mod and experience OR rattling OR almost no fb from the BK at all.

I configured the BK with the game settings provided in the manual and have the ingame music off. Sub out is set to max output.

Any ideas?

Your Sub Out is set to max output! Which transducer do you have the mini LFE or the Advance Transducer that comes with the BKA300? Try adjusting the gain down (-db) on your A/V receiver for your Sub Out/LFE channel. The transducer is often tricky to adjust especially when playing different game titles. See my setup here and see if it will help you adjust your setup.

I love it when I can feel it kick when I shift, reminds me of my old stage 2 shift kit.
If you want a game that works incredibly well with the buttkicker try the Killzone 3 beta it has better BK effects than CoD and Reach!

I just clamped it to the vertical pipe of the shifter bracket, yeah it's kicking my butt pretty good!!! Probably the best position I have tried thusfar. The effect is spread across the whole seating area.

9e74e6b7.jpg

My first clamping spot was basically the same. I found that it made the shifter rattle way to much for my liking. I moved it to the bottom frame of my rig. This really let the BK work. Seems a more solid mounting allowed it to work better. The shifter spot seemed to resonate to much....does that makes sense, that it would resonate and eat up the effects?

As well what cross over point do you guys use? I found I like 60ish area to work well.

OwensRacing
My first clamping spot was basically the same. I found that it made the shifter rattle way to much for my liking. I moved it to the bottom frame of my rig. This really let the BK work. Seems a more solid mounting allowed it to work better. The shifter spot seemed to resonate to much....does that makes sense, that it would resonate and eat up the effects?

As well what cross over point do you guys use? I found I like 60ish area to work well.

Someone had said to mount it as vertical as possible. My original position was the right rear down tube. I don't know what sort of wear and tear it will have on the internal parts.

It does rattle the shifter at really violent hits. I may try the other side, table bracket. I'm sure there will be some rattling because the tray is not locked down. Might be better than rattling plastic.

I still haven't found a sweet spot for adjustments. The new Red album "feels" pretty good ;)

EDIT: I'm heading to the hardware store to get a socket and try that mod.

Last edited:
Your Sub Out is set to max output! Which transducer do you have the mini LFE or the Advance Transducer that comes with the BKA300? Try adjusting the gain down (-db) on your A/V receiver for your Sub Out/LFE channel. The transducer is often tricky to adjust especially when playing different game titles. See my setup here and see if it will help you adjust your setup.

I have the BKa-130-c transducer and the buttkicker gamer 2.

Downed my sub out settings to lower but still not a real "wow" feeling.

The BK is mounted at the rear of my playseat and just under the seat itself

OMG I love this thing...I was skeptical but bought it just cuz of you guys here. The wife got pissed....LOL specially since it showed up on Valentines day......doh.

Anywho, this thing is rock'n.....even playing Battlefield bad company 2, Black ops....just awesome.

I actually used my sub out on my amp first, played around like crazy...thought all was just good, not great. I use nice headset so want to avoid the amp's vol since it has a 1000watt sub attached plus the two 10's in the tower speakers...LOL

So I just used the Composite (Red/White) straight outta the ps3 with a 2 to 1 connector into the kicker amp...PS3 optical to my headphones, and PS3 HDMI to my receiver.

I gotta say I thought it would be worse this way, but it's actually working better for me. Vibrations are spot on now, feel great, stronger and are not tied to my vol of my reviver, perfect for Headphones and no external volume.

Gaming has never been so fun......I have never been so broke....LOL

Any ideas?

First check if your receiver allows manual settings for LFE output and the Hz Cut Off for LFE Bass. See your receiver manual for info on that. A Typical setting is having the LFE DB output just below max and a cut off around 80Hz-120Hz.

Of course for the best way to control tactile units is with altering the various frequencies in games all at your finger tips.
Behringer 3102 or other quality EQ offering changes from as low as 20Hz. This is what anyone with a Buttkicker or Tactile should consider and its needed if you really want to have proper control of various games audio and tactile effects.

3008ch3.jpg

The Behringer 3102 impressed me so much Ive bought 5 of them to control all my BK/Tactile units and with still another to get yet for the cockpit.
These are studio quality EQs but you will find bargins on ebay.

Ive paid anywhere from £45 - £90 each depending on the listing/auction.
Absolute bargin for what they do. 👍

Last edited:
It's odd how it turns itself off if the sound is low for periods of time.

It may be a thermal cut-out. This has happened to me also.

Another thing also i have found is that (don't ask me how) my wheel has twice when plugged in and working correctly, lost connection with the PS3 ,after a period of prolonged use with the BK , it never did this before.I just re-inserted the wheel usb and it fired up again.

I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the BK Gamer 2. Even without isolating my Obutto from the floor with rubber or the like, I'm getting very realistic vibrations while the engine revs and when I hit ribbed curbing. I was worried that it would take awhile to get everything dialed in, but it took longer to hook up the cables than to get the BK working. GT5 is just plain boring now without the vibrations.

For those interested, I ended up clamping it to the rear bottom chair brace of my cockpit. I tried attaching it to the shifter mount but the vibrations felt a little weaker and also it felt like they were coming from the side instead of underneath.

I raced for a bit on Special Stage 6 (I think)... the track with the road expansion joints, and I could feel each one as I went over it. Very cool.

jeff_pizza
I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the BK Gamer 2. Even without isolating my Obutto from the floor with rubber or the like, I'm getting very realistic vibrations while the engine revs and when I hit ribbed curbing. I was worried that it would take awhile to get everything dialed in, but it took longer to hook up the cables than to get the BK working. GT5 is just plain boring now without the vibrations.

For those interested, I ended up clamping it to the rear bottom chair brace of my cockpit. I tried attaching it to the shifter mount but the vibrations felt a little weaker and also it felt like they were coming from the side instead of underneath.

I raced for a bit on Special Stage 6 (I think)... the track with the road expansion joints, and I could feel each one as I went over it. Very cool.

With out it is indeed not nearly as consuming.

I use the kicker ti let me know if I touch another car. No denying when you got a BK.

Thinking of doing another one.

Some mentioned using the left and right signal. Does anyone know if I snag the signal via RCA jacks while having my speakers hooked to the wire locations would work or not?

Using a higher end Denon. It is a few yrs old though. If that matters

With out it is indeed not nearly as consuming.

I use the kicker ti let me know if I touch another car. No denying when you got a BK.

Thinking of doing another one.

Some mentioned using the left and right signal. Does anyone know if I snag the signal via RCA jacks while having my speakers hooked to the wire locations would work or not?

Using a higher end Denon. It is a few yrs old though. If that matters

Refer to your Denon manual but if you have Pre Out's for your Center or Left/Right channels then you would just connect an RCA cable from the Pre out of the channel you want to the second BK amp/transducer. I checked my Onkyo 805 manual (online) and I could do the same thing you are wanting to do. I have thought about adding a second BK and using the center channel but not sure where I would put it? My steering column, pedals, or attach it to the seat with the other BK and enjoy the effects from the Center Channel? I guess I should plug my existing BK in the center channel and see what effects I get? The other issues is do I go with another BKA300 or a BK2? Hmmm............

Guys, checkout the GT5 Nurburgring F1 track as it has really nice kerbs and weather drains.

Centre channel is pretty good for the engine revs and when really close behind a car in front you get the exhaust. Works well when combined with L/R channels giving smooth panning of cars. A good test is being behind a car and sway to the left and right of it to feel the tactile work.

I found it feels good through the pedals so worth a try and having your feet as a secondary area other than just your backside feeling tactile in more than one body area helps ingross you more.

No offense but why do people always go on about the BK2, yes its quite popular and affordable. The "Mini LFE Buttkicker" or Clarke Tactile T209 are much better tactile units which we have discussed many times in the past on these forums.

You guys in USA also get it far better too as prices in UK are almost double for Buttkickers,thats so annoying grrrr. Grab yourself a cheap 2nd hand 5.1 or 7.1 AV Reciever as long as it supports 4ohm then your all set ready to run multiple tactile units from one amplifier/reciever seperate to your audio speaker amplification and not buying multiple BK Gamers with individual Mono Amps.

Clarke T209 Only $69 / Aura Pro $44.50

Amazon Mini LFE Buttkicker $79.98

At those prices I dont really know what half you guys are waiting for in having at least L/C/R @ LFE tactile configurations. :)
So all in the region for $400 - $500. That would be a great cockpit upgrade and inperspective its all cheaper than the price of a T500 RS wheel too so pretty good value.

Not that anyone will pay heed to this however but to me its a far better option than a BKII or multiple BKII units.

Last edited:
Guys, checkout the GT5 Nurburgring F1 track as it has really nice kerbs and weather drains.

Centre channel is pretty good for the engine revs and when really close behind a car in front you get the exhaust. Works well when combined with L/R channels giving smooth panning of cars. A good test is being behind a car and sway to the left and right of it to feel the tactile work.

I found it feels good through the pedals so worth a try and having your feet as a secondary area other than just your backside feeling tactile in more than one body area helps ingross you more.

No offense but why do people always go on about the BK2, yes its quite popular and affordable. The "Mini LFE Buttkicker" or Clarke Tactile T209 are much better tactile units which we have discussed many times in the past on these forums.

You guys in USA also get it far better too as prices in UK are almost double for Buttkickers,thats so annoying grrrr. Grab yourself a cheap 2nd hand 5.1 or 7.1 AV Reciever as long as it supports 4ohm then your all set ready to run multiple tactile units from one amplifier/reciever seperate to your audio speaker amplification and not buying multiple BK Gamers with individual Mono Amps.

At those prices I dont really know what half you guys are waiting for in having at least L/C/R @ LFE tactile configurations. :)
So all in the region for $400 - $500. That would be a great cockpit upgrade and inperspective its all cheaper than the price of a T500 RS wheel too so pretty good value.

Not that anyone will pay heed to this however but to me its a far better option than a BKII or multiple BKII units.

Good point, I may play with my center channel output and see what I want to do first. I may just go with a Clarke and move my BK to another position.

👍 I agree. I have one Clark TST209 under my seat right now but I think I'm going to get another one for the full L/R effects!

Ok Latte you got me thinking yet again....:dunce:. Instead of doing the Clarke T209 I can get a Clarke TST239 Silver Transducer for about $135 U.S. and the specs look good at 100W (4ohm) with a frequency range of 15Hz to 17kHz (17,000 HZ) which is far better than the BK advanced transducer at 5-200Hz. My only issue is that my BK amp is 300W @ 4ohm or 150W @ 2ohm. I am afraid to drive the Clarke off the BK amp especially since it is coming off my LFE channel or even the center channel pre-out of my Onkyo. My BK advanced transducer already bottoms out if I'm not careful and BK claims that it is virtually indestructable (I'm starting to believe that since I have had it over 3yrs now). I was thinking about the BK Gamer 2 for $129 U.S. mainly for the amp (and extra tranducer) since that amp is rated at 90W? The frequency of the Clarke excites me as it reproduces at a broader range than the BK Advanced. It sounds like using the Clarke on the center channel would be better considering the freq range/cutoff of the LFE channel? I got a $100 gift card from work today...Hmm what should I do or better yet what would Latte do?:sly:

Still want to try the center channel first just to get an idea!

I got the BKG2 since I don't have any home theater equipment and had no idea what to expect from any of these sort of transducers. The BKG2 is nice because it's a complete package at a good price that gives satisfactory results, sort of a test-the-waters idea. I'm sure I'll expand my LFE in the future to fancier stuff, but I wasn't ready to shell out $300+ for the experience.

Hi again,

Just to point out that the frequency range does support up to 17Khz but that is in audible frequency range, as they also act like a speaker.

However the tactile frequency range on most Clarke units is 800hz.
The BKA 300 you have I believe does indeed offer upto 200hz so the Clarke still offers 4x more. Yes as centre tactile the Clarke will give more response with engine revs.

What would I do, mmmmm well.

The TS209 is remarkable for the price and while not offering the oomph of the BKs yes it is more sensitive. If you bought 2x of these rather than the silver for similar money then you could get the benefits of wider spread of tactile without needing as much amplification. Combine these with your LFE and it will complement them really well as I have tested for sometime on my Gamepod used in stereo with the LFE. You could consider doing that and maybe later get one for the centre as well.

The TS209 can also be mounted vertically while some oth Clarke models can't. parts Express have the PDF manuals etc.

Last edited:
Back