CRAP GT6 - GT500 Sat 7 Nov 9pm EST (GMT-5)Open 

United Kingdom
Near Reading, Uk
JohnSchoonsBeard
CRAP: Casual Racing Affiliates Program

15545597189_220e9d5f0a_o.jpg

How to join

You can either search for the "CRAP Racing" club in game in the GT6 community club search section and click join or click on the link below from your web browser. You'll then need to log in to GT6's website using your psn details and join from there. The club will be stored as one of your ingame clubs.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1000344/

That will take you to the GT6 club page. You can view and join our ongoing events. At event times we normally do the actual racing in the main club lobby which is often open to the public.

15731419105_cf3df48b3b_o.jpg

Decisions, decisions....

We also have our own private forum which you can join if you like. You'll just need an email address. That's at crap.boards.net

by @Lissa and edited by @JohnScoonsBeard

A Little Bit Of History

C.R.A.P was started in 2011 by @Heathenpride under the name CORE, as a result of his frustration at the treatment he often received in public lobbies, just because he was a 'noob' and at the time used driving aids. He wanted a group where people wouldn't be judged for being a new driver; where people would treat each other with respect, help each other out, and just generally have a good time.

The name CORE (Casual Online Racing Enthusiasts) was abandoned as it was in use. We voted (on a new name) and chose CRAP: Casual Racing Affiliates Program.

15545952978_4e9abc7da6_o.jpg

In October 2011 CRAP was born and we have over 120 members from across the globe, our own website and a dedicated team of staff to help it run smoothly.

8549811450_d6e8c0ee34_b.jpg

Lissa: "I personally joined C.R.A.P back in February 2012 as a terrible driver, new to GT5 and driving games altogether, using all the aids, and really struggling to improve. Thanks to the help and patience of my fellow CRAP-pers I now use only ABS on 1 (sometimes even that is turned off) and am loving every minute I spend behind the wheel. I like the fact that all the members have respect for each other, try their utmost to drive cleanly, and we have some fantastic banter. It isn't all just serious racing either, there are sometimes other shenanigans going on too, one example is the time we raced tank cars at Monaco which was great fun!"

Lissa "Another excellent part of CRAP is that it is girl friendly! I even got my daughter to join and she loves it when she is able to get online, it really is a great group for anyone but if there are any female racers looking for a good respectful group then this is the one."

7132044965_5e1742682e_b.jpg

So Is C.R.A.P. For You?

Whether you are accomplished driver looking for some fun races with no pressure to have to take part each week, or a new driver looking to improve then C.R.A.P. may be the answer you are looking for. We run multiple varied events and have a worldwide membership. You can often find someone in your time zone to race with.

14142795797_5802732c31_o.jpg

Most of the time members are free to use most of the driving aids in our lounges (not SRF). Many learn to drive without. Sometimes we will run events without any aids. For example from time to time we run endurance races where aids are more limited or turned off entirely. However, everything is still designed to be friendly to all levels of driver even if we do turn abs off sometimes. CRAP encourages competitive, fair, close racing with regular varied events.

8548711343_f4fbd583eb_b.jpg

So How Do I Join?

If missed it earlier and you think CRAP offers something you'd like to be a part of, just show your interest in this thread or follow the instructions below. We will be in touch! But be warned, you may find C.R.A.P takes over your life! (Do I sound like a stalker there? :scared:)

See you on track soon I hope :)

8548713701_5d09d76f70_o.jpg

CRAP GT6 CLUB INFO

CRAP Racing (includes date for next event in name)@JohnScoonsBeard (PSN: JohnSchoonsBeard)

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1000344/

CRAP: Casual Racing - occasional use for testing and endurance racing@Heathenpride (PSN: HeathenPride)

Events have been set up on the the GT6 CRAP Racing group. The links should take you through to each event for full details of regulations. Most racing actually takes place in the main club lobby.

Last edited:
I am interested in it, although your late at night might be about lunch time for me. But it is hard to find much time to play between work and a wife and 2yr old son.

But if there is anyone in north america that would like something like this I'd like to participate.

I'd enjoy this as well. I'm not quite a noob or wreckless driver but the mistakes I make playing offline tend to scare me away from playing online. I'd rather not get people mad at me or get a bad online rep for an accidental bump or early braking from time to time. Also in North America here so yeah the time of day would end up being a factor for me too.

(not sure if it's been posted before or if there already is a room like this but this sounds like a good idea to me.)

Kyle

Same here, I'm tired of playing with guys who are consumed with GT5 and play all day everyday. Just read their posts and threads, GT5 is their existence.

I have family, friends, and hobbies. I don't have time to micro analyze every part on a car or every turn on a track.

I do like racing cars online if the cars are equally matched. I would gladly race in those new no tuning races if I could find one.

Well a lot of us guys on here do also help out the casual driver.Heck we even give out tunes too.Join one of my rooms.

I too have dabbled in the online world, but not Found my feet. (son wife etc) I'd love dedicated rooms where it's fun racing, bit of bumps through error, and just trying to get some close match-ups! Count me in, even though i'm never sure if I'd ever find the room!

That's my thing too, I really don't have much time to sit down and know all the tracks and tune my cars to perfection. I also don't like most of the races because everybody will be driving a "normal" car and then some guy comes in with a full out LeMans racer or an X1 or something.
I know I'm not the best driver, but its nice to have an even playing field and at least have a chance to win or at least be competitive.

Thanks for your input guys! Well we can surely work something out no doubt. You guys are mostly in US which is fine but it will restrict my availability a bit, that however does not mean i can't race nor does it mean you can't get a regular room and I race but just not as often :-)

Add me on PSN (ID: Heathenpride) and add each other too and between us we can work something out no doubt.

Total dearth of Aussies in here lol, c'mon Aussies pull ya finger out!!

Well a lot of us guys on here do also help out the casual driver.Heck we even give out tunes too.Join one of my rooms.

Absolutely mate we know that and definitely appreciate it but it's the whole thing where some guys just don't have enough hours in the day to race a lot whilst others do and they get exceptionally good at driving AND a some don't like us less experienced racers being involved for various reasons... It can be a tad frustrating!

Haha count me in, guys! I don't have children or anyting except school, but a casual room where mistakes aren't frowned upon too bad sounds fun. My PSN is cali3-1 :)

I'm game.

I have slow cars though...lol. Or so it seems, I get smoked constantly at the Daytona ring any time I'm online

cali3-1
Are you guys racing right now?

I'm not I'm playing cricket but I'll be on late tonight, in about 8-10 hours. When I get home I'll add ur psn id's and we can go from there :-)

Heathenpride
I'm not I'm playing cricket but I'll be on late tonight, in about 8-10 hours. When I get home I'll add ur psn id's and we can go from there :-)

Whoa, I never met anyone who plays cricket haha, and cool, in 10 hours it'll be morning after breakfast for me, so that's good :D

cali3-1
Whoa, I never met anyone who plays cricket haha, and cool, in 10 hours it'll be morning after breakfast for me, so that's good :D

Well now you have! Cricket is awesome, except we didn't do too well, in fact we were REALLY bad today :-(

I totally forgot about adding psn id's and started the Indy enduro so I'll do it after that, it's in a vettel so shouldn't be too long haha

Definitely agree with this, but I just don't like it because i feel like my (hopefully) occasional mistakes might mess up the experience for the better drivers in a room. I know most of them are cool with it as long as they can tell it was an honest mistake but that doesn't mean that I don't frustrate them from time to time with my lack of skills, as well as getting frustrated myself by not being competitive. It feels a lot like playing COD with my friends, I know they're OK with me being there but that doesn't mean it's as enjoyable for them as a match that has some challenge, and as much as I like playing in the same room as them I also don't like just getting killed constantly.

I'm cool with playing anyone that won't mind me being there (and won't drive like a rabid baboon). PSN: smyth1
I'll add the people that left their handles when i get home.

I'm on Beijing time which is a pain for finding organised races but as you're on Oz time I don't think there's much difference between us. I wouldn't mid=nd having someone to race with after work.

Absolutely mate we know that and definitely appreciate it but it's the whole thing where some guys just don't have enough hours in the day to race a lot whilst others do and they get exceptionally good at driving AND a some don't like us less experienced racers being involved for various reasons... It can be a tad frustrating!

Fear of that exact thing kept me out of online for a long time but I finally found a good group to run with. Feel free to add me as I'm retired and am on at random times. Also, I'll be closer to your timezone after next month heathenpride
PSN ID nosoks

Fear of that exact thing kept me out of online for a long time but I finally found a good group to run with. Feel free to add me as I'm retired and am on at random times. Also, I'll be closer to your timezone after next month heathenpride
PSN ID nosoks

Sounds good mate thanks! Are you moving down this way? I'll add you after my BoB gets me to level 40, I have 115,000 XP to get :gtpflag:

Well now you have! Cricket is awesome, except we didn't do too well, in fact we were REALLY bad today :-(

I totally forgot about adding psn id's and started the Indy enduro so I'll do it after that, it's in a vettel so shouldn't be too long haha

That's becuase you played us :)

I'm game for this too if the timing suits me in South Africa 👍

tris_73
Sounds great to me too. I'm usually on 11pm to 2am Aust. eastern time.

that's roughly the times that I am often on online too so racing is a must!!

noisiaturismo
Am i allowed to make mistakes?

Mate that's a given, and you won't be booted for doing it :)

The idea is to try & increase skill though so whilst errors & shenanigans will be commonplace it is suggested that drivers still seek to further their skills but no one will be punished for not being able to drive like Schumy!

That's becuase you played us :)

I'm game for this too if the timing suits me in South Africa 👍

I should start this off by saying that whilst I live in Aus, and was born here, under no circumstances do I support the Aus cricket team... worst sportsman in history I reckon. I'm an England supporter and things are just dandy!

Now to South Africa? A team brimming with talent but completely unable to win anything that mattered - chokers the lot of them! It's a huge pity, I love watchi9ng them play.

Back on topic:

I reckon we can start soon with a league or similiar. What does everyone think; league or just regular room? I have not done anything like this previous so any hints and suggestions are most welcome.

Also: if you have not yet added me on PSN please do so: psn id: Heathenpride

Why not start with a regular room, then once folk are settled, and there is a better idea of peoples abilities we could look at some sort of league.

I'm game for this, I just made level 40 A/B spec. I'm ready for online which I have no experience yet. Let do this!

Why not start with a regular room, then once folk are settled, and there is a better idea of peoples abilities we could look at some sort of league.

Sounds like a plan. Now we need to work out the best time... Since most (I think) of you guys are in USA it might prove bothersome... It is just before midday here so let me know what times work best for everyone. I can work around the times because there are more in USA and EU than down this way, just makes sense. If we are talking during the day here (remember it is noon right now which should help to get an idea) then I can only do weekends but if it's say on days at a time 7 hours from now than I can do it as I will be home... then we just need to nail down the best day and go from there.

Ideas on possible regulations too would be good, maybe our own "code" if you will, or general rules etc... nothing professional remember we have to ensure we keep it casual for those who might join in future :)

Back