Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (because you can't get any more modern)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 220 comments
Thank god it just reminded me of it lol. Ill hopefully be playing cod this weekend can't wait :).
Its more like futuristic basketball/rugby minus the rules. You can pass the satellite to teammates or even enemies, depending on your agenda lol.

Its more like futuristic basketball/rugby minus the rules. You can pass the satellite to teammates or even enemies, depending on your agenda lol.

Sounds interesting Ill have to give it a try

Edit: Well I tried cod and I'm enjoying it. I only played 2 games of tdm I went 20-10 the first time.
And 16-17 the second how did I manage 17 deaths lol.

Last edited:
Just bought a PS4 yesterday, will be getting this game on Friday.
Haven't owned a console since COD4 (last game I played at my home, and I used to love it), but now I'm back after all these years.

Just how big of a difference really is between COD4 and this one, especially im MP mode? Will I be disappointed or feel at home?

Just bought a PS4 yesterday, will be getting this game on Friday.
Haven't owned a console since COD4 (last game I played at my home, and I used to love it), but now I'm back after all these years.

Just how big of a difference really is between COD4 and this one, especially im MP mode? Will I be disappointed or feel at home?
Its faster and with lots of jumping, but all in a good way.

I've played the series since COD4 and to be honest I think the 'core' of MP still remains in place.

Sweet, can't wait for it. :)

Btw, just sent a few friend requests, off my "beerzgood" account. I can't remember which email I had associated with my GTP_Beerz account. Is there a way to recover that account without knowing the email?

Also, anyone here playing this game on PS4?

M

Btw, just sent a few friend requests, off my "beerzgood" account. I can't remember which email I had associated with my GTP_Beerz account. Is there a way to recover that account without knowing the email?

Me

Me too, that is until tomorrow when GTAV comes out :embarrassed:

Jerome

What level are most of you guys at currently?

Edit 1: Anyone know if in Ranked it goes past Gold div like it did in Black Ops 2? (Masters, etc.)

Haven't played enough ranked for me.

On the PS4 I'm around P2 L35 and around L35 on the One.

Haven't played enough ranked for me.

On the PS4 I'm around P2 L35 and around L35 on the One.

Ahh okay, normally I'd have a bit of time on my hands for games but been busy with the girlfriend lately, I'm P1 L27.

As I said, I'll be getting my PS4 copy this Friday, so if anyone is up to it, and we're not yet friended in PSN, shoot me a request with a message saying you're from GTP and we'll meet online in a few days. 👍

BTW, since some of you are already playing this, how's the connection and lobbies (at least in PS4)? Is it quick to start/restart matches? And lag-wise?
Because in COD4 (not even counting its initial server problems which were terrible), I usually had pretty bad lag when matching up to other GTP members, especially if they were not in Europe. Was still fun to play, but just not what it could be because of that.

No dedicated servers, but I've had minimal issues with lag and to date no disconnects or host migrations.

No dedicated servers, but I've had minimal issues with lag and to date no disconnects or host migrations.

Still no dedicated servers after all these years, even now that you have to pay to play online?!... Wow...

Well, at least that last part is good, or better, I guess. Back then with COD4 it was a pain with the guys that were hosting simply quitting or being disconnected, and everyone's game ending there.

The lag issues are on and off. It seems I do better if I go into a game solo rather than with a group of friends. Just my observation....Even if I start the lobby up if someone in my group doesnt have a great connection it kinda screws things up

Also speaking of dedicated servers,,,I was told that the reason the Season Pass went up so it would help with servers/maintenance....Or maybe it didnt go up...I cant remember...

@katpeeler From what I keep hearing people online (watching the streams to know the maps until I get the game), supposedly there are lag-compensation thingies or whatever they are. From what you're saying, I guess they don't work as they should... :P

@katpeeler From what I keep hearing people online (watching the streams to know the maps until I get the game), supposedly there are lag-compensation thingies or whatever they are. From what you're saying, I guess they don't work as they should... :P

It seems to come and go...depending on the day..Last night me and a buddy went in and noticed NO lag what so ever...so maybe its getting worked out

Sorry for the DP, but I gotta ask something.
I'm finding it way too hard to kill on most occasions. Basically it takes an entire clip from my AK12 or SMG to drop someone. Odd, considering that in the replays from when I get shot, it's clear a few bullets did the trick...
the game registers the shot I land, but apparently they're not doing much damage at all...

Decided to trade my copy in to amazon and get FarCry 4. I was planning on getting FC4 but the usual marketing hype and excitement made me get AW. With the slight comparisons to blackops 2 (pick 13, vibrant maps, future setting) I thought it would appeal to me but I've had to come to terms with the fact COD is going in the complete wrong direction for my taste. As I have only ever really enjoyed treyarch developed games I think I'll just have to stick to a new COD every 3 years. Which considering how I've felt about the last two iterations isn't a bad idea. On a happier note FC4 is awesome just as I suspected it would be. :)

Sorry for the DP, but I gotta ask something.
I'm finding it way too hard to kill on most occasions. Basically it takes an entire clip from my AK12 or SMG to drop someone. Odd, considering that in the replays from when I get shot, it's clear a few bullets did the trick...
the game registers the shot I land, but apparently they're not doing much damage at all...
Seems the gun BAL is the most powerful gun out there...I see alot of people using it...maybe that will help until you get the lay of the maps

Yup, the profound knowlegde of the maps is absolutely crucial in this game, more than any other CoD, imho. You really have to know every single spot where others and you can go, and on multi-level, not just ground level or a few balconies anymore.

Relating the Bal-27, although it's the easier gun to use, I don't think it's the best Assault Rifle in the game. I much prefer my AK12, or at least I get better results with it. Also, it kills easier at longer ranges, unlike the Bal-27.

Just saw this:
" Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare still doesn't have the promised dedicated servers.

The game's matchmaking algorithms accept P2P hosts with ping as high as 800ms.

However no gaming publication even mentioned this problem. "

That's why we're having the mentioned issues like I'm having all the time, which has to do with the game's lag compensation; I have to empty an almost full clip on someone to drop them.
Very rarely I kill someone with an Assault Rifle or SMG, even if the game is registering all the shots (on my part at least) and have enough ammo left to drop a 2nd guy. I'm usually left out of ammo in situations where there are 2 guys very close to each other and can't finish the 2nd kill, which usually gets me killed. Even with mostly headshots, it takes a crap load of bullets to kill an opponent.
Annoying to say the least...

Well I've grown bored of the mp reached lvl 38 no prestige and there's really no reason for me to prestige as the bal is the best weapon and you get that when you start out. The kill streaks aren't rewarding enough the maps aren't that interesting although I like the one with the title wave. Will probably go for platinum and then just leave the game go back to bf4. The campaign is pretty good though I'm having fun with it. The double jump is a nice addition. Played bf4 the other day and tried to double jump but couldn't lol.

Call of Duty can't get more modern up until it rans into kindergarten where kids start taking over the modern day of violent video games.

This may not make any sense but what I mean was Call of Duty is getting jammed with little kids these days.

Call of Duty can't get more modern up until it rans into kindergarten where kids start taking over the modern day of violent video games.

This may not make any sense but what I mean was Call of Duty is getting jammed with little kids these days.

COD has been this way for some time now...But wait until the Christmas noobs come out to play

Yup, got that clip a few weeks ago while playing Most Pit. There were a few times where I went wrong (specifically not going after an enemy even though I enough ammo), but I'm happy with that pass to the enemy I did just outside the school. :D

Back