Can I play GT6 on the PS4??

United States
Tennessee
FerrariThugs
xbox is a joke
So if GT6 comes out a month before PS4 (which probably will) and I buy PS4, can I play GT6 (which is a PS3 title game) on the PS4???

Not even with Gaikai??
and I thought Kaz said they're not currently having any plans on a PS4 title GT6?

Gaikai does let you play ps3 games on Ps4. It's quite likely that gt6 will be available, but nobody knows if you have to pay again to play it or not, I'm guessing you do.

Gaikai does let you play ps3 games on Ps4. It's quite likely that gt6 will be available, but nobody knows if you have to pay again to play it or not, I'm guessing you do.

REALLY hoping they will clarify this by the time GT6 comes out.. I'm on the verge of buying the PS4 or not on launch MAINLY because of this game. If GT6 was a PS4 release then it would have been an easy PS4 day 1 buy for me

Well this is what Kaz had to say regarding a Ps4 version:
"A lot of people are waiting for Gran Turismo 6 to be released on PS3, but the title is going to grow gradually with updates. When players will have consumed it fully, the PS4 version will appear naturally. It won’t come too Late, or too early"

Link:http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06...rly-closing-the-gap-between-real-and-virtual/

Which is very likely referring to GT7 on the PS4 rather than a port of GT6, would not make sense to release a PS4 version once players had "consumed it fully" that would mean it is time for a new version so that they can consume that one as well.

If I remember correctly that question was a PS4 version of GT rather than a PS4 version of GT6

Won't be available immediately, and it's nowhere near confirmed to have PS3 support.

As said before, Gakai will be available sometime in 2014. When it does release, only a select few titles of PS1/PS2/PS3 will be available. Whether those select few will include GT6, no one knows, but I highly doubt it since I assume Sony would want to pull in as much GT6 sales as possible. When sales starts to slow, then probably.

I would think that the graphic quality of any PS3 game would suffer using Gakai. It would almost certainly be compressed quite a bit. I have read though that the lag isn't that bad compared to the slowness of the consoles.

I would think that the graphic quality of any PS3 game would suffer using Gakai. It would almost certainly be compressed quite a bit. I have read though that the lag isn't that bad compared to the slowness of the consoles.

Indeed, I believe when Gaikai was trialled on the PC before the video quality was basically similar to Youtube at 720p. It'll probably be better than that now years later and with Sony money behind it but still don't expect miracles, it's still going to be highly compressed video and audio.

Kaz said "GT6 will come to PS4 naturally" which could mean that he's either talking about Gaikai or a PS4 version of GT6, either way, i probably won't buy GT6 through Gaikai since i would be paying twice for the game.

confusion confusion ... we need more informations on PS4 version, like really, because I'm not buying GT6 for PS3 until they cleary say that there will be no PS4 version

... because I'm not buying GT6 for PS3 until they cleary say that there will be no PS4 version

What we can consider confirmed is "only PS3 this year". I suppose, PD won't ever say that GT6 won't come to PS4 explicitly. They will say it by announcing no GT6 next year and maybe announcing GT7 in 2015. Do you really want to wait for that?

Even if a PS4 version of GT6 will be released, it will be at least a year away...

What we can consider confirmed is "only PS3 this year". I suppose, PD won't ever say that GT6 won't come to PS4 explicitly. They will say it by announcing no GT6 next year and maybe announcing GT7 in 2015. Do you really want to wait for that?

Even if a PS4 version of GT6 will be released, it will be at least a year away...

I want to have clear informations from them, which is probably pipe dream, because we are talking about PD.

It can end up with no GT6 for me, but if you ask, one more year to wait for PS4 version with maybe all DLC included is nothing, there will be other games for PS4 to help me with waiting (starting with Battlefield 4 and Drive Club)

I see your point. Many GT players will end up with GT6 on PS3, PS4 with DriveClub and holding their thumbs for a year or two until some GT6 stuff comes to PS4.

I think they'll promote GTx for PS4 next year so it's released one year after PS3 and DLC could be over then, too. GT Academy in summer 2014 is the perfect platform for the ignition of GT on PS4...

Releasing this late into this generation could backfire. This isn't like GT2 where one next gen console was out but Sony's next gen was still over a year away or GT4 where the 360 had been announced but was still more than 6 months away, with PS3 being even longer. The next-gen consoles will be out. Sure, making GT6 a launch game for PS4 wouldn't work out well, but I doubt PD are the kind of company who could ever make a launch game. Going for a late 2014 release on PS4 would have been a far better move IMO. Sales would equal out over time, and sales shouldn't dictate everything anyway, they should want the game to be as good as it could be comparative to what else is out there. Being bound to the PS3 they can not deliver on this front.

It should also be pointed out that just because the PS4 will have the Gakai stuff doesn't mean any GT game will be included on it; because at that point it would run into the same licencing problems that have kept the older games off of PSN.

Back