Cancelled due to people having poor reactions :D

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 1,143 comments

What is your preferred race distance for this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look round and found it for £16 on shopto.net but it's out of stock, I'll keep checking this week to see if it comes back it stock and if it doesn't looks like I'm going to Tesco and picking it up for £22.

Thats not a bad price considering it will include the online code 👍

I need to think about the points system, shall we keep it the same as F1 or spread the points out more evenly?

e.g 30-25-21-17-14-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 This way the top 14 get some kind of points.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I like the 14 places points, but I suspect some humans may get challenged seriously by the AI drivers in the championship (Probably me).

Is it possible to set the weather to 'no rain' because racing in the rain is a nightmare?

At first some people will get beat by the AI but once you get used to not taking risks I think we will all be fine.
I would be more than happy with just dry races but i would need at least 7 other people to state the same so I could justify changing it. I am awful in the rain so you could be satisfied with thrashing me on track at least :D

I'd be fine with racing in the dry only :)

I might be able to join starting round 4, instead of after round 4. Not quite sure yet, as I don't the schedule for exams yet, but I think I can probably join for round 4 :) Not sure if they'll be a spot left though, this filled up very quickly... If you've still got 16 people by then, would it be possible for me to be a freelance driver, who just drives for whatever car is available, instead of being a reserve for only specific team?

Jcm- Someone WILL have thrown the toys from the pram and left us by that point so you could have a full time drive from R4 if you like. If you are only planning to join us every now and again then I could assign you freelance status and you can race whenever there is a space.

Tyrrell- Too right mate 👍

All- Keep the opinions coming about the weather but I think its probably going to stay put :)

Yes It's in stock for £16 on shopto.net I'm gonna try and sponge some money off my mother. I'll get back to you whether my mission is accomplished later. :sly:

Cool, good luck with sweet talking your mum. Gotta be easier than sweet talking Ellis' mother :D

berty1979
Jcm- Someone WILL have thrown the toys from the pram and left us by that point so you could have a full time drive from R4 if you like. If you are only planning to join us every now and again then I could assign you freelance status and you can race whenever there is a space.

Tyrrell- Too right mate 👍

All- Keep the opinions coming about the weather but I think its probably going to stay put :)

I'll be full time if someone does quit :)

i would prefer dry races, at least at the beginning, as i have no online racing experience in this game.
I figure it must be easier to learn in clear conditions to race with non-AI drivers than in wet.

flooderqb19
i would prefer dry races, at least at the beginning, as i have no online racing experience in this game.
I figure it must be easier to learn in clear conditions to race with non-AI drivers than in wet.

+1

A fair few people have only just got the game, some haven't even played it yet. I think it would be really unfair to chuck then into a wet race.

When will this season start??
How many laps roughly will we be doing??
Will there be any driver aids, if so which ones will be off and which will be on ???

I am waiting to get my wheel back from Logitech sometime next week but i think i'll be able to make Wednesdays.

You can sign me up in the Vodafone McLaren, other teams if McLarens are taken are Williams and LotusRenault
Sorry i went straight to the bottom of the page as i saw that there was still a lot of time before we started so i ASSUMED you were still deciding on the stuff i asked :(

Anyways i got my wheel back and it feels sweet and lighter, so i confirm i will take part. The wheel is a DFGT as i read the OP this time, and i saw that you had a question mark next to my name (i ASSUMED that was for whether i use wheel or DS3)

Also, the 14th is so far away for the pre-season race :( and the 30th even further for the season start, but hey,maybe its just me being an eager beaver :D i do understand and appreciate that you took your time to set this Championship up and plan everything in advance, so ignore my impatience.

On the race night poll, i voted for Wednesday nights as i partake in an F1 League on Sundays on GT5.
With regards to dynamic weather, i am all for it as it mixes up the field, causes a few accidents and off's as well as bad tyre choices. With TC and ABS allowed it shouldn't be so difficult in the wet, i would have preferred to have all aids off but i understand that some people like them and it will attract more racers than without them.

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in doing some quick online races today around 1600gmt? (1pm CST) I'm thinking maybe doing a few 10% races, just trying to get used to driving with others online.

Last edited:
flooderqb19
Would anyone be interested in doing some quick online races today around 1800gmt? (1pm CST) I'm thinking maybe doing a few 10% races, just trying to get used to driving with others online.

I would, just got the game today.

I think without any aids you might lose a bit of time each lap but it shouldn't be too great.
The main problem is it's a LOT easier to spin out without TC for obvious reasons, and the turning circle is appalling on these cars so it takes you half a minute and a few penalties for dangerous driving to get back on track. And that's if you don't get T-boned by the car behind.
I'm not sure about ABS I haven't tried it without yet.

The expert ai will probably kill me. But I'll give it a try If you want.

Last edited:
flooderqb19
The expert ai will probably kill me. But I'll give it a try If you want.

Knock it down a notch if you want, they're a bit too fast for me also.

red_bull_racing-thumb-450x302.jpg

I found a picture of Mike and Me :lol:

:dopey: Hope we are not going to see the "Vettel Victory FINGER" 👍 if you win!

Funny the age gap between us is about the same! :dunce: Not so sure about the mental age!! :D

Anyone up for a few online races today around 1800gmt?
Or maybe starting a co-op career? I am available pretty much everyday at 1800gmt. And most days after 7pm CST (midnight gmt)

My work hours are getting more flexible, any chance I could join in? It seems to be full, but I wouldn't mind being a reserve driver, if anyone thinks they need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back