#CaptureGT6: Toyota FT-1 Concept Gallery

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 113 comments
T2MR68H.jpg

CMEHC3T.jpg

uPu2Bbu.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Way to say "everyone who's editing their shots can't take a good picture"
Not at all. Just bother taking a good shot in the first place, and then you won't need to edit it!

Way to say "everyone who's editing their shots can't take a good picture"

No I didn't say that thanks , but if the pros are so good they should be happy with their efforts taken in game do you not agree. You can get some brilliant photos in GT6 if you take the time to mess about with things like the sun for different lighting and mess about with the other options available in game like shutter speed, depth of field etc etc ... really is no need to edit the arse off them in photoshop to try make them look better.

No I didn't say that thanks , but if the pros are so good they should be happy with their efforts taken in game do you not agree. You can get some brilliant photos in GT6 if you take the time to mess about with things like the sun for different lighting and mess about with the other options available in game like shutter speed, depth of field etc etc ... really is no need to edit the arse off them in photoshop to try make them look better.

Most pro GT photographers already mess around with those settings. However, post-production is an integral part of photography nowadays, and it expanded greatly the possibilities of the medium. I am quite sure GT doesn't allow photo stitching and panoramas, nor does it provide tools for HDR photography.

Yours sound more like the words of someone who doesn't know nor would bother learning how to use photo editing tools, but is envious of the results of those who do. Rest assured that 99% of the GT photographers who touch up their photos already mastered GT's photomode and are just looking for the next frontier (as evidenced by the quality of their entries in the 1.0 PMCs).

No, even the best non-edited photo from GT6 can be edited to look even better. ;)

Yes I know its pretty easy to tell and they won't be winning any competitions with them either! Why the need to edit every photo, take your time and produce a good picture with the ingame cam alone. Some of the photos come out worse after editing as well :ill:
Bloody ridiculous comment. You sound bitter, maybe your jealous of those that can edit! Just saying!

Even the press released GT photos that PD use to promote the game are edited!

Most pro GT photographers already mess around with those settings. However, post-production is an integral part of photography nowadays, and it expanded greatly the possibilities of the medium. I am quite sure GT doesn't allow photo stitching and panoramas, nor does it provide tools for HDR photography.

Yours sound more like the words of someone who doesn't know nor would bother learning how to use photo editing tools, but is envious of the results of those who do. Rest assured that 99% of the GT photographers who touch up their photos already mastered GT's photomode and are just looking for the next frontier (as evidenced by the quality of their entries in the 1.0 PMCs).

Editing is not needed on premium cars with GT6 and is not asked for in this competition. Not a fan of HDR photography in the slightest that goes for game and real life shots.

I know how to edit thanks but don't see the need to do it on GT6 unless its a terrible standard car... No I am not envious in the slightest but the edited shots are unrepresentative of what the game is capable of doing as once you have edited it to your liking it might as well be from a different game! I would like to see pictures from only the camera and tools used in GT6 as I find them more impressive than pictures that have been edited. If the pros have mastered it they should have no problem with this competition with the basic tools available:sly:

Bloody ridiculous comment. You sound bitter, maybe your jealous of those that can edit! Just saying!

I'm not sure what to say, YES I AM GREEN WITH ENVY:ill: even though I edit my own real photos when needed:idea:

I have already posted my views on edited pics in the realistic photo thread so lets not fill this thead with anymore bs...I'm off to play GT6 and maybe take a pic or 2:dopey:

I completely understand what @jay.s is saying. It's a bit like the SRF debate in time trials, because somebody with relatively little composition skill could produce an entry on par with a pro GT photographer who doesn't use editing software, so don't you think it's better for everyone just to use the tools they've been given? It is a photography competition after all, and not an editing one.

I completely understand what @jay.s is saying. It's a bit like the SRF debate in time trials, because somebody with relatively little composition skill could produce an entry on par with a pro GT photographer who doesn't use editing software, so don't you think it's better for everyone just to use the tools they've been given? It is a photography competition after all, and not an editing one.

Except Photoshop isn't going to provide you with good composition.

By your reasoning, it's the camera that makes a good picture, not the person using it.

Except Photoshop isn't going to provide you with good composition.

By your reasoning, it's the camera that makes a good picture, not the person using it.
Editing can turn a fairly bad to average picture into an astounding one. Since it is a photography competition, shouldn't it just be about taking the best photo?

Editing can turn a fairly bad to average picture into an astounding one. Since it is a photography competition, shouldn't it just be about taking the best photo?
The way some people edit takes a good photo and turns it into a terrible one. it goes both ways. not everyone who edits improve the picture.

i'd say there are more ruined pictures than improved ones due to editing.

Modern photography DOES include editing now. The same way modern musicians use things that improve their tracks. It's 2014. probably time to embrace modern techniques and tools....but that's my opinion, i know nothing!

Back