Car Delivery will be disabled on patch 2.16?

• Thread starter batera99
  • 14 comments
batera99
On the list of services being disabled, they now listed for the first time: Car Delivery! It doesn't make sense. Is Car Delivery an online service?

Where will the software continue to deliver car coupons once you complete a milestone in A-Spec, B-Spec, Specials, Coupon 1000, etc? How will we redeem coupons held? I currently have 79 Gift Car Coupons under Items.

Has anyone noticed this on the latest announcement?

Cheers!

Yeah i've noticed that, what a dumb move if it's really happening.

A-Spec and B-Spec will become even more worthless after this...

Another thing that worries me is the removal of the DLC button. Weren't we supposed to be able to reinstall them after the server shutdown? You would NEED that button.

I wondered exactly the same thing! So does that mean unclaimed tickets (even if they were prize cars) get deleted?

It's madness, they said Museum is also closing... again how is that an online service?

Good news- I have updated to 2.16, and all the icons are still there, so you can still get offline prize cars/DLC and stuff. However, if you click "Seasonal Events" or anything, it gives a message saying Online Services for GT5 are gone.

So you can still get your prize car tickets...

Yeah and the Museum Cards are gone now as well. :(
All my DLC are still accessible, so it's almost a good as GT5. :boggled:

Last edited:
Good news- I have updated to 2.16, and all the icons are still there, so you can still get offline prize cars/DLC and stuff. However, if you click "Seasonal Events" or anything, it gives a message saying Online Services for GT5 are gone.

So you can still get your prize car tickets...

Does this mean Car Delivery is still usable? :)

I wondered exactly the same thing! So does that mean unclaimed tickets (even if they were prize cars) get deleted?

It's madness, they said Museum is also closing... again how is that an online service?

You have to be logged in to use the Museum.

Does this mean Car Delivery is still usable? :)

You have to be logged in to use the Museum.
Yes, Car Delivery is still 100% working and useable. I did a B-Spec race I had yet to finish (didn't do too many of the offline B-Spec races so there's still plenty of work to do for me) just to test it out and I got my prize ticket and was able to get the prize car and all.

And the Museum is indeed closed for good, though.

They could have easily made Museum an offline thing with a bit of coding. Was a nice touch although like everything in GT5, half baked!

I think "Car Delivery" is a translation mistake referring to the Trade Inbox. Although it's part of the Community sub menus it'd be worth to point out that if you didn't clear your pending trade inbox in time, you lose whatever was in it. Then again Trade Inbox includes all items, not just cars, so if it is indeed a term mistake, it started very early. Like, someone misinterpreted a note saying "Delivery menu will be deactivated".
That's all just guessing anyway, in the end we'll never be told why.

That is the exact reason why you cannot get DLC anymore, the DLC menu relies on server connection. If you already got it you're fine as long as you do not (have to) remove (and reinstall) game data but if you do reinstall, or maybe purchased it in the Store but never activated it in-game, then you cannot do so anymore.

They could have easily made Museum an offline thing with a bit of coding. Was a nice touch although like everything in GT5, half baked!

Yep. It's weird the museum relies on servers. But without online services (log in bonus and trading) it's impossible to unlock new cards anyway. They should just drop it and unlock all cards to be viewed offline.

I had ten cars in my Car Delivery - these were cars from my XL download which I never pulled into the garage. They were still in there after the last update. I left them in there till GT5 went offline. They were still there after GT5 went offline. I then tried to pull them into the Garage. No problem.

So Car Delivery works they way it used to offline.

I don't think it works for any online deliveries though, and if anybody had any online deliveries (trades for instance) that one had in there, then they are probably kaput.

Basically - anything connected with online activity is no more. GT5 is now the glorified GT4.

Basically - anything connected with online activity is no more. GT5 is now the glorified GT4.

Nothing wrong with GT4, at least it hasn't had half the features removed to appease online racers.
Earn all the prize money you like, buy all the cars you like and nobody is going to care one bit. :)

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with GT4.....

I don't remember saying that something was wrong with GT4 . . . however, GT5 did improve on many things that GT4 lacked - cleaner graphics, new cars, improved photo-mode, fresh tracks, online capability (which last, though, we now don't have), etc, etc.

I still do play GT4 for a whiff of nostalgia, as I mentioned elsewhere. Several times. 👍

GT5 did improve on many things that GT4 lacked... online capability (which we now don't have), etc

I don't feel that online play is instant karma for Gran Turismo (unless it is structured wisely). I feel the online racing portion of GT5 needs to be restructured in order to resolve it's own issues. Had this been done... GT5 might still be online. Restructuring other portions of the game or removing them entirely to avoid problems with online racing rather than resolving them, seems to be the cannibalistic approach being pursued with GT5 & GT6. Eventually online racing will be the only thing left, so it will have to be fixed, then maybe we can have the rest of our game back, to include things missing from GT6 and other additional online goodies. Until then GT4 & GT5 offline will have to suffice. It will be a whole new experience for some. :)

Last edited:
Back