Car List "Demographic"

@ProjectWHaT You forgot some "duplicates". Actually apart from the Golfs you haven't counted any "duplicate" that's not Japanese.

19 Corvette
13 BMW 3/4-series
11 Audi R8
10 Viper
10 Camaro
10 Lotus Elise
9 Mini
9 Clio
9 Mustang
8 Ford GT/GT40
8 Mercedes-Benz SL
8 Peugeot 205/206/207
5 McLaren F1
5 Zonda

And all NASCAR's.

Or GT7, if they ditch the standard cars.
A bunch of these cars have too much differences (except maybe the Ford GT) to be considered as duplicates.

I'm going to check the S2000 and Fairladies today.

Why should GT have the same percentage as forza? For a start, I'd rather have more japanese cars than americans - america has a long history of building "straighline cars" that have rubbish handling and are not good for the corners.
FM4: Variety over Duplicates. I'll take FM4's said anyday.

A bunch of these cars have too much differences (except maybe the Ford GT) to be considered as duplicates.

If the '08 Civic can be considered a duplicate of the '79 Civic, then the '14 Corvette can be considered a duplicate of the '59 Corvette. You can't apply one way of counting on one set of data and then an entirely different way of counting on another set of data. That would be an ugly use of statistics.

FM4: Variety over Duplicates. I'll take FM4's said anyday.
GT has both variety and duplicates. Anyway this has nothing to do with what I said.
Also since when were you the ultimate authority on new cars for GT?
Didn't you know, he's the authority on everything. If he likes something in GT6, it's good. If you don't like something, it's your problem, not the game. Duh.
LOL such silly, childish replies both of you.
Im no authority of anything and you both aren't either. I just gave my opinion like everyone here.

Last edited:
This is great, this is the kind of article that needs to be on the front page. Not what F1 game some guy purchased last week.

This is a concept that has been beaten to death several times. The names that certain cars share have nothing to do with whether a car is a duplicate, and it is incredibly disingenuous to make such a list as that in the OP that claims as much. The GT6 car list is extremely padded, even moreso than GT5; but requires far more research into a car as it was in real life to actually be able to claim whether or not a car is a duplicate of another. Furthermore, when you misuse the word duplicate to mean "too many Skylines" or "too many Japanese cars" (as has also been done before), all you manage to do is cause the people who have already deluded themselves into thinking renaming a car as something else (at times with no 🤬 given to accuracy) is legitimately the same thing as adding two different cars to dig in further and keep any meaningful discussion from occurring.

GT has both variety and duplicates
A large portion of the car list are Japanese cars from between 1990 and 2000. In fact, they are by and large the same cars that GT2 had, but now there is less variety and more duplicates. That is the only era/region that gets any sort of meaningful variety. And those cars are increasingly irrelevant; neither important enough to be called classics in most cases even if they were old enough, nor new enough to draw a direct connection to the increasingly divergent path modern cars are taking. And the longer PD holds on to mid 90's used Imprezas rather than covering cars from other areas of similar vintage (nevermind cars from other decades) or new cars, the more dated the car list will be.

Im no authority of anything and you both aren't either. I just gave my opinion like everyone here.
And when your opinion is formed from blatant ignorance, people have every right to comment to that effect.

Last edited:
And when your opinion is formed from blatant ignorance, people have every right to comment to that effect.
Blatant ignorance is yours, thanks.
Who says this car or that car is irrelevant, not a classic or whatever?
There are things called opinions and tastes. GT6 DOES HAVE variety, thats a fact. It has cars from so many countries, so many types, from so many eras. Part of all of them are these japanese 90's-00's cars that that YOU dont like but other people might like.
Also that thread with the title "GT6 has 434 cars" is inaccurate because for example it considers the Supra road car and the GT500 Supra to be the same car. Just LOL. Same for the GTR or the NSX.

Last edited:
Blatant ignorance is yours, thanks.
So I was the one who expressed a desire for a heavy Japanese car bias because "america has a long history of building "straighline cars" that have rubbish handling and are not good for the corners?"

That's interesting.

Who says this car or that car is irrelevant, not a classic or whatever?
Usually the collector car market. Don't see too many bidding wars on late model Honda Accords.

There are things called opinions and tastes. GT6 DOES HAVE variety, thats a fact. It has cars from so many countries, so many types, from so many eras. Part of all of them are these japanese 90's-00's cars that that YOU dont like but other people might like.
Swing and a miss.

Hint: Personal opinions about what cars people like have nothing to do with why I quoted that passage in response to what you said. I didn't even say that I don't like them.

Also that thread with the title "GT6 has 434 cars" is inaccurate because for example it considers the Supra road car and the GT500 Supra to be the same car. Just LOL. Same for the GTR or the NSX.
So you're not only incapable of reading past the title of the thread I linked to (where I completely dismantled the claims in the OP), but also incapable of reading the context I provided those links for in this thread (which was to show that the sentiment is just as wrong now as it was then) and unwilling to even look at the second thread where my reason for posting was to point out the fallacy of the first thread was being reused again.

No one is saying the idea of "there are only 434 cars in GT6" is valid. That's why I linked that thread. To show how ridiculous the assertion in the OP is if you take it to the logical conclusion was the entire point.

Last edited:
It would be nice if Polyphony Digital included cars from other countries such as Brazil and Argentina. We have some interesting and exclusive historical vehicles too. Here's some examples:

View attachment 147084 View attachment 147085 View attachment 147086 View attachment 147087 View attachment 147088

Join the queue-I would like to see PD produce at least one premium Australian car, especially since now that the Australian car industry is set to be extinct by 2017 :grumpy:

So I was the one who expressed a desire for a heavy Japanese car bias because "america has a long history of building "straighline cars" that have rubbish handling and are not good for the corners?"
Did I say I wanted the heavy japanese car bias to keep being there? No I didnt, learn to read and dont make things up. I said I would like to have more japanese cars than more americans like in Forza.
Anyway I dont really care that much about any of them, first and foremost I want more european cars which I think they are the best all round.
Usually the collector car market. Don't see too many bidding wars on late model Honda Accords.
Please... we are talking about a GT6, not real life. This is completely irrelevant.

Did I say I wanted the heavy japanese car bias to keep being there? No I didnt, learn to read and dont make things up. I said I would like to have more japanese cars than more americans like in Forza.
And (as already pointed out) since Forza is not American-heavy like GT is Japan heavy and is in fact relatively balanced in regional representation, what would not wanting balance in favor of the traditional status quo be an example of in this context? And what informed reasoning did you have for forming that opinion?

Oh, right.

Please... we are talking about a GT6, not real life. This is completely irrelevant.
So what determines a car's historical importance and/or modern day relevance in regards to being featured in GT6 is... being featured in GT6.

spock_fascinating.jpg

Though it is completely irrelevant; because (again) as much as you want to take issue with me saying a 1993 Honda Civic isn't likely to be high up on the list of desirability to the casual player buying a 2013 racing game (or the car manufacturer giving licences) when the "comparable cars from this decade" shortlist is so much more sparse, that wasn't why I quoted that post; and in fact only quoted that post to point out that the only region with the amount of "variety" you alluded to is 1990-2000 Japanese sports cars (and that a good portion of that variety is smoke and mirrors). That is in fact why I specifically responded to the part where you talked about variety and duplicates with that quote and nothing else.

Last edited:
Well, this was GT5... Its COOL to see that the % of japanese cars has gone down from 62% to 56% in GT6

GT-graph.jpg

chart_1-1-png.146744

From 62%-56% is quite a step from GT5 to 6 (with the proportions of American and German cars going up as a consequence)-maybe GT7 will see it drop to 50% :confused:

@pyrates The duplicates are starting to be a real pain, with some cars like the Veyron and Alpine 1600s, still retaining standard counterparts :confused:
One car to mention is the Shelby GT350, which once a bodykit is applied to it looks like the GT350R-but for some reason the GT350R in the game is standard? :confused:

Last edited:
And (as already pointed out) since Forza is not American-heavy like GT is Japan heavy and is in fact relatively balanced in regional representation, what would not wanting balance in favor of the traditional status quo be an example of in this context? And what informed reasoning did you have for forming that opinion?

Though it is completely irrelevant; because (again) as much as you want to take issue with me saying a 1993 Honda Civic isn't likely to be high up on the list of desirability to the casual player buying a 2013 racing game (or the car manufacturer giving licences) when the "comparable cars from this decade" shortlist is so much more sparse, that wasn't why I quoted that post; and in fact only quoted that post to point out that the only region with the amount of "variety" you alluded to is 1990-2000 Japanese sports cars (and that a good portion of that variety is smoke and mirrors). That is in fact why I specifically responded to the part where you talked about variety and duplicates with that quote and nothing else.
Please try to be a bit more constructive.
Just a couple of examples: I'd take a Honda NSX and Mazda RX-7 from the 90's, over any american car from the 90's, im talking about handling cars for driving on track. American cars used to suck in terms of handling, and it's not me saying this, its every honest car expert and reviewer.
The thing is not hard to understand: one thing is ending the heavy japanese bias and the other is removing all the good japanese cars
Also the 90's cars were lighter and smaller in general compared to today's standards because of less equipment and other technicalities, the cars in a lot of cases were more corner/handling capable then. The civics are one example. The 90's civics were lighter and handled better than today's civic model.
From 62%-56% is quite a step from GT5 to 6 (with the proportions of American and German cars going up as a consequence)-maybe GT7 will see it drop to 50% :confused:

@pyrates The duplicates are starting to be a real pain, with some cars like the Veyron and Alpine 1600s, still retaining standard counterparts :confused:
One car to mention is the Shelby GT350, which once a bodykit is applied to it looks like the GT350R-but for some reason the GT350R in the game is standard? :confused:
Both GT6 veyrons are premium

The Veyrons are both premiums (my list contains only premiums). However, I put them as duplicates as they are the same car with just a face lift. I tried avoiding putting together too many cars that are just models a year or two apart as they can be legitimately different cars with different specs. That is why I didn't put together the Alpine 1600S '73 and '72. For the Veyron I personally found them too close together to be considered two separate cars.

Yeah too bad there aren't any different other than one having different headlights, PD gotta keep adding dem duplicates to up the car count more. :lol:
I think they should not have added it, but instead the Veyron SS... i mean its such an obvious decision, but no, instead they add the same veyron with different headlights, otherwise the work would bee too much.

The Veyrons are both premiums (my list contains only premiums). However, I put them as duplicates as they are the same car with just a face lift. I tried avoiding putting together too many cars that are just models a year or two apart as they can be legitimately different cars with different specs. That is why I didn't put together the Alpine 1600S '73 and '72. For the Veyron I personally found them too close together to be considered two separate cars.

Fair enough 👍

N.B. I'm sure that one Alpine is standard whilst the other is premium though

Just a couple of examples: I'd take a Honda NSX and Mazda RX-7 from the 90's, over any american car from the 90's, im talking about handling cars for driving on track. American cars used to suck in terms of handling, and it's not me saying this, its every honest car expert and reviewer.
Then you'll have no trouble finding one such expert or reviewer to vouch for you.

I'll save you some time and point out that a Top Gear segment is not an example of either thing.

The thing is not hard to understand: one thing is ending the heavy japanese bias and the other is removing all the good japanese cars
FalseDichotomy.gif

Also, as far as not being hard to understand... both of those choices you wrote are essentially "ending the heavy Japanese bias".

Also the 90's cars were lighter and smaller in general compared to today's standards because of less equipment and other technicalities, the cars in a lot of cases were more corner/handling capable then. The civics are one example. The 90's civics were lighter and handled better than today's civic model.
Which is obviously why there are three identical ones, right? I like how you're still poorly chasing down this argument for why sporty versions of 20 year old economy cars (among other things) are still as relevant in 2014 as the things you can go get in a dealer today after two different times of me saying that wasn't what I was arguing about in the first place.

Last edited:
144. Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 (GT Tune)
145. Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
146. Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
147. Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
148. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
149. Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
150. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line (GT Tune)
151. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
152. Lamborghini Reventon '08

You've made a mistake here. 25th Anniversary Countach is a unique model and not a GT Tune (and certainly not a duplicate of the LP400).

I'm going to check the S2000 and Fairladies today.

Remember that there was never an EU or US version of the S2000 Type V.
http://world.honda.com/news/2000/4000707.html

It takes a massive level of incompetence or willful ignorance to create cars that don't even exist to pad your car list. I can forgive the "conceptual" race cars from GT4 and GT3 (The S2000 LM and Fairlady Z LM), but not the addition of cars whose sole reason for existence was to up the car list count.

The "Vauxhall Touring Car" is another offender. The Chrysler Vipers should have just been different paint jobs instead of making separate cars for different numbers.

Last edited:
Then you'll have no trouble finding one such expert or reviewer to vouch for you.

I'll save you some time and point out that a Top Gear segment is not an example of either thing.

FalseDichotomy.gif

Also, as far as not being hard to understand... both of those choices you wrote are essentially "ending the heavy Japanese bias".

Which is obviously why there are three identical ones, right? I like how you're still poorly chasing down this argument for why sporty versions of 20 year old economy cars (among other things) are still as relevant in 2014 as the things you can go get in a dealer today after two different times of me saying that wasn't what I was arguing about in the first place.
blah blah blah. Whatever...

That's what I thought. In the future, post less dated stereotypes that you can't back up to justify your opinions and it won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Back