Cars with unusual traits

• Thread starter Catlin
  • 971 comments
What's unusual about that? It's a sports car, it's supposed to be powerful and fast.

According to it's size, and it's weight, it handles better than it should; Even I was surprised when I used it in the SLS TG event.

It takes a bit of skill to tame the rear end, but it handles better than most GT cars.👍

hah! they other night i asked my wife if she wanted to see a guy drink dirty oil and spit it back out clean,

also they can pick up and turn a car 180 deg. in a small garage,

also im 98% shur not all cars show the front tire skid marks in bumper view as it is the only view i use and the first and only time i have seen it is in the tank car.

and not a car oddity but in some spots mostly in tunnels tire marks look white

They're reflecting the sky only, so in a tunnel they're still getting 'hit' by sinlight and appear bright. Drive around them in circles and you should see them change according to which direction you're facing and they're reflecting.

They look bright in open areas, because they're reflecting the sky, but it should be doing that anyway.

Having the rubber on the track reflect everything would take too much grunt, which can and should (and is) used elsewhere.

Is there some kind of a ancient tablet that forbids good engineering on sports cars? Seriously, I don't understand how the whole GTR thing is still going on. This isn't what the thread is about. How the GTR handles is subjective and not even the point of this thread. Wheels are meant to keep the tires on the car. I just about rolled my fat body out of bed laughing so hard when I read "THE GTR HAS WHEELS DESIGNED TO KEEP THE TIRES ON" lol. Then I had a spasm in my adominals and it took me 5 minutes to catch my breath.

Anyway, to actually contribute to this thread I will point out that the Focus ST170 appears to have odd looking side vents over the front fenders. I've seen in a replay that when the tires spin, the "vents" are moved to the rear of the wheel well area and stay there as a barely noticeable black thin line. Every time you enter a track with the car, the "vents" are there. I thought it could be related to ride height, perhaps the front tires I sticking through the fenders - but it appears to me no matter what height they're at the weird looking vents are still there, as they appear at stock height with stock suspension and tires.

Well skid marks aren't supposed to reflect anything, I think it's just an interesting texture issue more than anything. What I do know though, is that it seems to just use the same texture but darkened as the roads.

Mazda 787B cockpit, there are some post-it notes with numbers, but I don't understand what those numbers mean.
But it just add some sense of seriousness :)

In the Astra Touring car (Super and the other) The middle brake light doesn't match what area it lights up. If you put on the brakes, the light sticks out the right hand side of the casing.

Not so much unusual as a mistake, but I think its the only car which has this graphical issue.

The Dome Zero's headlights makes it look like Jar Jar Binks. :lol:

image.php

Looks like someone taped two polaroid cameras to the hood for head lights.

Well skid marks aren't supposed to reflect anything, I think it's just an interesting texture issue more than anything. What I do know though, is that it seems to just use the same texture but darkened as the roads.

Point is, they're not affected by world shadows or other reflections, but are clearly lit and what not.

This may well not be just down to the car, but I was watching a replay of a lap I did in the Supra RZ on Spa from the roof view, looking backwards, and the rear glass was reflecting the road, with absolutely no hint of sky!
Like I said, probably not just limited to this car, rather some more bad programming. >:0)

This may well not be just down to the car, but I was watching a replay of a lap I did in the Supra RZ on Spa from the roof view, looking backwards, and the rear glass was reflecting the road, with absolutely no hint of sky!
Like I said, probably not just limited to this car, rather some more bad programming. >:0)
Reflections made inside the car show what is outside of the car. It can't be helped is what that means.

Pretty much like cars' reflections can't be seen off of other cars. I wouldn't know if these are issues having to do with RAM limits.

Mazda 787B cockpit, there are some post-it notes with numbers, but I don't understand what those numbers mean.
But it just add some sense of seriousness :)

I never noticed those and the 787b is one of my favorite cars! Thanks for the heads up 👍, will check those out tonight and see if I can find out what they are for.

The Lancia delta's rev counter goes clockwise, but starts at the 3 O'clock position, very weird :odd:.

I just bought the standard Blitz ER34 from the UCD and went for a spin on sarth night,it has a huge glowing neon where the intercooler sits,pretty cool i thought.

It's also got undercar neon spotlights, 'looks awesome on the SS tracks!

In the GTR carbon that you can get with that download code, if you press the button that flashes your lights, it does this weird patteren with the front lights, its kind of hard to describe.

What? the Furai lights are awesome,as is the rest of the car.

Ok maybe it got patched, but the lights did not work. Looked awesome, like rest of the car, but useless. Also the Schulze Motorsport GTR and Super GT's displaying you last lap time.

The Front lights on the Furai, Dont light up anything what so ever! I Went round the nurburgring at night with a friend, Once i overtook it was extremely hard to maintain the position, i had to pretty much stay behind the whole way, Was actualy so fun being able to keep up giving it the beans only seeing taillights, I Was on his bumper so i could see when i was behind him then **** got serious on the straight!

Watt2159
In the GTR carbon that you can get with that download code, if you press the button that flashes your lights, it does this weird patteren with the front lights, its kind of hard to describe.

That's with most GT500/GT300 cars in the game.

The Volvo C30 has kind of progressive brake lights, the harder you press the brake pedal the brighter the brake lights will light up.
Pretty sure the real car does this too but I couldn't find any info on it.

Any other cars doing this? :)

The Volvo C30 has kind of progressive brake lights, the harder you press the brake pedal the brighter the brake lights will light up.

After having driven one in 24 races, I have just noticed that :lol: My eyes are bad...

In the Alfa Romeo TZ2 Zagato, the driver engages an invisible "gearstick" :dunce:

Also worth mentioning that it has one of the heaviest steering if you're driving with an FFB wheel :eek:

It's not invisible, it's clearly there. If you can't see it, your TV is either too dark, or has an issue.

Don't know if it still does it in GT5, since it is a Standard car, but the BMW 1Series hatchback, had progressive brake lights in GT4 (light braking = only the bottom lights were on, hard braking = the upper and bottom lights were on) if I remember correctly.

CrashBandicoot
The Toyota Prius TC has paddle shifters. It's weird since the Prius has a CVT transmission.

The NSX GT500 stealth modèle also has paddle shifter and a stick which is the one thats used o.O

Back