Cars with unusual traits

• Thread starter Catlin
  • 971 comments
CrashBandicoot
The Toyota Prius TC has paddle shifters. It's weird since the Prius has a CVT transmission.

Some cvts have a sport mode which uses preset gear ratios, as opposed to the constant drone.

The Mazda Furai's tail lights are pretty unusual.

Also about the GTR "keeping it's tires on the rims", let me elaborate. The rims of the GTR have small knurls on them to keep the tires from spinning on the rims during hard acceleration.

The Mazda Furai's tail lights are pretty unusual.

Also about the GTR "keeping it's tires on the rims", let me elaborate. The rims of the GTR have small knurls on them to keep the tires from spinning on the rims during hard acceleration.

And most serious drag cars have innertubes in the tires and literally bolts holding the tire to the rim. Point?

And most serious drag cars have innertubes in the tires and literally bolts holding the tire to the rim. Point?

Somebody else in this thread was laughing about someone saying "the GTR's rims kept the tires on the rim" and I was trying to explain what he meant.

Rotary Junkie

I've been around drag racing since I was little and I can honestly say I have never seen tubes in and drag car on slicks or drag radial street tires and the bolts have a plate on each side that pinches the tire and stops them from spinning on rims also make it super easy to change tires on the rims at the track

not sure if that's mentioned before, but a viper logo on the acr's back lights up when you break. I think it works with few other vipers, but I'm not 100% sure

not sure if that's mentioned before, but a viper logo on the acr's back lights up when you break. I think it works with few other vipers, but I'm not 100% sure

They should all do that. The Viper emblem on the decklid doubles as 3rd brake light on every car.

RUF CTR Yellowbird '87, one of the few cars in the game where you spend the majority of your time turning the wheel in the opposite direction that the car is.

'nuff said :ill:

Lancia Stratos Rally car is similar. Both are my favourites.

My oddity is with the Elise RM car. They went through all the trouble of fitting a rollbar and replacing the steering wheel but still left the radio inside :D

OK8
Lancia Stratos Rally car is similar. Both are my favourites.

My oddity is with the Elise RM car. They went through all the trouble of fitting a rollbar and replacing the steering wheel but still left the radio inside :D

You need tunes to listen to while driving! :lol:

I know someone posted a picture a while back (a long while) of the Tank Car getting an oil change.

Somehow, the oil comes out of the steering assembly.

Also, I want to see a pic of that Fax machine that's been mentioned a couple times.

Also, I want to see a pic of that Fax machine that's been mentioned a couple times.

89izuzu_4200r_7.jpg

Classy, huh? Thats pure art right there.

In the Alfa Romeo TZ2 Zagato, the driver engages an invisible "gearstick" :dunce:

No it isn't invisible, the TZ2 has a very long gear lever (as can be seen below) and since it has a dogleg gearpattern you can clearly see the gearknob when in 2nd and 4th gear, whilst it obviously is hidden (meaning out of view) in the game due to the long travel movement when in 1st, 3rd and 5th.

5292730689_7d6cd64134.jpg

Last edited:
No it isn't invisible, the TZ2 has a very long gear lever (as can be seen below) and since it has a dogleg gearpattern you can clearly see the gearknob when in 2nd and 4th gear, whilst it obviously is hidden (meaning out of view) in the game due to the long travel movement when in 1st, 3rd and 5th.

Actually what I think he means is a bug that I have also noticed. When driving in cockpit view in the Zagato, you can notice that the metal part holding the knob is invisible wich makes it look like the knob is floating. This does not happen when viewing the car from outside. Anothe bug is that the Viper SRT speedo tops at just above 200km/h (120mph). The Viper bug is present from the launch day but I only noticed about the Zagato a few days ago.

Actually what I think he means is a bug that I have also noticed. When driving in cockpit view in the Zagato, you can notice that the metal part holding the knob is invisible wich makes it look like the knob is floating. This does not happen when viewing the car from outside. Anothe bug is that the Viper SRT speedo tops at just above 200km/h (120mph). The Viper bug is present from the launch day but I only noticed about the Zagato a few days ago.

Thats true with the Viper. That happens with boths SRT-10s. It´s sad, because I love the Viper since it came out in the early 90´s, and I hoped for it to be perfect in the game. I think this happened becasue the developers confused the fact that the Viper´s speedometer is in miles, not kilometers. Same thing happens with the C3 Corvette. Remember they are in Japan, and speedometers there usually don´t get over 180 Km/h, even on high end sports cars.

vsaber
IMO, the 2J has some unusual traits, hence it was banned after just 1 season.
3 speed semi auto gearbox, a fan to suck air in.
Handles pretty decent too for a 40 year old racecar.

That fan is a system that sucks air from under the car, creating low pressure, acting like downforce. Hence why it handles so well and was banned, unfair advantage.

FuelWorm
The Volvo C30 has kind of progressive brake lights, the harder you press the brake pedal the brighter the brake lights will light up.
Pretty sure the real car does this too but I couldn't find any info on it.

Any other cars doing this? :)

My Dodge Viper SRT10 coupe and I think my ACR do this.

Actually what I think he means is a bug that I have also noticed. When driving in cockpit view in the Zagato, you can notice that the metal part holding the knob is invisible wich makes it look like the knob is floating. This does not happen when viewing the car from outside.

In the name of science I've just checked it (in cockpit view) and paid extra attention to the metal lever holding the knob and it's there.
It's not as clearly visible as a metal stick perhaps normally expected to look due to shadow effects probably but the knob certainly isn't floating but is clearly attached to that lever which also moves along with the knob obviously .

And I won't use the word knob more than once in a sentence anymore, it does strange things to the mind....

In the name of science I've just checked it (in cockpit view) and paid extra attention to the metal lever holding the knob and it's there.
It's not as clearly visible as a metal stick perhaps normally expected to look due to shadow effects probably but the knob certainly isn't floating but is clearly attached to that lever which also moves along with the knob obviously .
Yup, like said, must be the TV if you can't see it.

The Australian Ford Falcon has a interior rear view mirror bigger than the one I have in my bathroom. Could be the biggest one out there maybe?

Putting any custom wheels on any of the Dodge Vipers looks unrealistic, the reason Vipers have 6 lug wheels not 5 which the custom wheels have.

Putting any custom wheels on any of the Dodge Vipers looks unrealistic, the reason Vipers have 6 lug wheels not 5 which the custom wheels have.

So true. that´s why in GT4 I only used either the stock wheels or one of the enkei wheels that had six lug nuts, they were ugly, but fitted the Viper perfectly. Unfortunately there are none in GT5.

The C3 Corvette has a cover for the wipers that lift open when the wipers are turned on. I came across that tidbit of information somewhere and I went in game to check. To my surprise, it's there!

(I registered just to point that out. Hmm...)

And I won't use the word knob more than once in a sentence anymore, it does strange things to the mind....

OK. I've checked it again in Laguna Seca and in Monza (where I first noticed it).
This bug happened on both tracks. You can see the knob and a little piece of metal holding it but the rest of the lever is invisible. On Monza it even appeared sometimes. Keep the car in 2nd gear too see it better.
I took a pic of the bug:
picture.php

The knob and the little metal are floating...
I know I play on a crappy old TV but I don't think this is related to TV.

In the Astra Touring car (Super and the other) The middle brake light doesn't match what area it lights up. If you put on the brakes, the light sticks out the right hand side of the casing.

Not so much unusual as a mistake, but I think its the only car which has this graphical issue.

Interesting fact, but it's not the only car. Check the Zonda standard cars, it looks like their lights are moving up and down when you brake. Also, I noticed that those models seem to be taken directly from GT4, the quality is very bad! :(
Their sound and handling is awesome though, would be really great to have one of them (C12, C12S or C12S 7.3) as Premium car. I'd rather have one of them in high quality than the Zonda R...

Toyota FT-86 is displaying map of the track you're currently on in cockpit view, that's something special.

This. Plus, it has a big speedometer and RPM scale, in my opinion this car has the best interior of the whole game. It's the only car which I can use without HUD even on my (quite small) TV while still knowing how fast I am, when I have to shift up (I usually can't see it exactly) and even which track I'm on. Oh, and yes, I like the pink lights surrounding the whole interior. :P

Apologies if any of these have already been mentioned:

The Lamborghini Murcielago (both versions) oversteer easily under light braking.

The Mclaren MP4-12C is notable for having the most inaccurate and unrealistic engine sound in GT5.

The Mazda Autozam AZ-1 also has a strange engine sound. This one is so high-pitched that it actually hurts my ears. It almost sounds electric.

The Pescarolo C60 Hybride has a ride height adjustment glitch that has since not been fixed by any patches.

The Audi R10 TDI (and the Peugeot 908 HDi, I think as well) spit flames when they shouldn't, because they have diesel engines.

The "Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro '00" always spins its wheels in 1st gear, even with the TCS at max. This car also claims to be a 4WD car in the menu, when it actually performs like an FF when driven in the game.

rottonhatch
I've been around drag racing since I was little and I can honestly say I have never seen tubes in and drag car on slicks or drag radial street tires and the bolts have a plate on each side that pinches the tire and stops them from spinning on rims also make it super easy to change tires on the rims at the track

Wheels like those mentioned above are called beadlock,a cheap alternative to these wheels is what I do now and that is to put sheetmetal screws through the bead of the wheel and into the bead of the slick(tire). Thus bolting the tire to the wheel.

Back