Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Porsche-Family-2.jpg

Anyone in for a RM/TC treatment of RUFs once they are fully premiumized? :)
Sure, I'm for it, but it's up to PD if we were to get those and if we did; then they should give TC variants of a few other cars as well; including the Ferrari 458, Mclaren MP4-12c, SRT Viper GTS, Ford GT, & etc.

Had someone take note that at Circuit de la Sarthe in the main grades (in front of the pits) one of them had the 2014 Porsche ads campaign for the 2014 WEC??? The damn thing says "Mission 2014 our return" why they put it in the game, why????? Why update the circuit liveries???? Whyyyyyyyyyy???? (Yep I wanna see Porsche in GT 6, in particular the Cayman)

Had someone take note that at Circuit de la Sarthe in the main grades (in front of the pits) one of them had the 2014 Porsche ads campaign for the 2014 WEC??? The damn thing says "Mission 2014 our return" why they put it in the game, why????? Why update the circuit liveries???? Whyyyyyyyyyy???? (Yep I wanna see Porsche in GT 6, in particular the Cayman)

1. This has been mentioned since the game first came out so this is severly old news.
2. They scanned the track as it appeared in 2013 (including the Michelin timing & scoring board) so that included most of the advertisement signs that are part of the track license.

Also, the Porsche ads are for Le Mans, not WEC (hence why they are specifically at Circuit De La Sarthe).

None of this means Porsche is coming to GT6 so please do not take this as such.

Ruf needs to make the switch to premium as I enjoy the Ruf CTR Yellowbird
I would love for some porsche cars to be in GT aswell most preferably Carrera GT and 911 GT3 and GT2
All of which being a premium version.

Ok so it's 2015, Ea has had the license for 15 🤬 years! I heard it's supposed to end this year though;)
This exclusive license for EA has to end. Because:

Porsche does reserve the right to let the developpers of games to put the Porsches or not, but the EA does not have the right to block the Porsche's right, like EA has been doing recently to another games.

As long as EA still has a stranglehold on the license, the chances of Porsches appearing in anything other than NFS games are pretty much zip.

This exclusive license for EA has to end. Because:

Porsche does reserve the right to let the developers of games to put the Porsches or not, but the EA does not have the right to block the Porsche's right, like EA has been doing recently to another games.
If EA has exclusive game rights and Porsche has no conditions in that contract, such as failing to meet a certain sales quantity, then they can do nothing to block EA from refusing to sub-let those rights to an additional party such as PD or Turn 10.

A contract is of course legally binding unless pre-determined conditions are breached. For example if Porsche had a condition where it was unhappy with how it's products were being portrayed through a sub-par game based on review scores then they could have the contract rescinded.

Perhaps the most telling aspect of the relationship between Porsche and EA is that Porsche decided to renew this agreement when it last expired. You must assume that Porsche is more than satisfied with how EA is handling it's products and upholding the such a positive reputation.

It is of course frustrating to be deprived of the opportunity to experience Porsches in Gran Turismo but for now we can only hope that Porsche chooses to open up, as Ferrari has, the use of it's IPs.

Last edited:
If EA has exclusive game rights and Porsche has no conditions in that contract, such as failing to meet a certain sales quantity, then they can do nothing to block EA from refusing to sub-let those rights to an additional party such as PD or Turn 10.

A contract is of course legally binding unless pre-determined conditions are breached. For example if Porsche had a condition where it was unhappy with how it's products were being portrayed through a sub-par game based on review scores then they could have the contract rescinded.

Perhaps the most telling aspect of the relationship between Porsche and EA is that Porsche decided to renew this agreement when it last expired. You must assume that Porsche is more than satisfied with how EA is handling the it's products and upholding the such a positive reputation.

It is of course frustrating to be deprived of the opportunity to experience Porsches in Gran Turismo but for now we can only hope that Porsche chooses to open up, as Ferrari has, the use of it's IPs.
I certainly agree

I'd choose RUF over Porsche any day looking at their recent models. The only reason I'd want to see Porsche is because of the Carerra GT, a car I haven't yet experienced in any racing sim.

Perhaps the most telling aspect of the relationship between Porsche and EA is that Porsche decided to renew this agreement when it last expired. You must assume that Porsche is more than satisfied with how EA is handling the it's products and upholding the such a positive reputation.

We know for a fact that this has happened?

That it's been renewed?

............Turn 10 ponied up the $$, so they got a handful of Porsches in Forza 4 as DLC. Will PDI do the same? Or should they pay EA at all? Frankly, at this point, I'm not too bothered by it. There are ton of other great, historic, important cars PDI hasn't paid any attention to, so rather than waste time on Porsche, I'd like to see PDI take a gander at those.
Having said that, I really wouldn't mind seeing a few Porsches appearing in the game....

You'd think that PD would have put more effort into including some premium Ruf's to make up for the lack of Porsches if they were concerned about missing out on the marque. Imagine a full lineup of Rufs in the game and you'd have a large part of the Porsche catalogue covered.

You'd think that PD would have put more effort into including some premium Ruf's to make up for the lack of Porsches if they were concerned about missing out on the marque. Imagine a full lineup of Rufs in the game and you'd have a large part of the Porsche catalogue covered.

Agreed. There are so many things PD does (and doesn't do) that just make no sense whatsoever. This is right up there in my book.

Agreed. There are so many things PD does (and doesn't do) that just make no sense whatsoever. This is right up there in my book.

They make no sense to you because you are not involved in any stage of the decision making process, and Johnny has no idea how much effort PD actually put into getting premium Rufs in the game.

Be disappointed with the outcome, but don't assume you know the process.

.........We really don't know what's going on with the whole Ruf situation. I can't imagine that PDI wouldn't try to update their current portfolio of Rufs - something definitely happened behind closed doors, something that's not so good, and we are stuck with GT4-era Rufs. Whatever happened, I would just love to find out what's what...

They make no sense to you because you are not involved in any stage of the decision making process, and Johnny has no idea how much effort PD actually put into getting premium Rufs in the game.

Be disappointed with the outcome, but don't assume you know the process.
Please enlighten us on the efforts made by PD in getting premium Rufs into the game and then we'll all know.

And.... are their any news about it? or did they keep that secret for GT7?

Kaz' had own a 996 GT3 wich was, for him, a great car.
It's hard to believe that they wasting time trying to put this piece of history and engineering inside the game.

i would exchange the half of GT6's car to have at least a couple of premium 911 in GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it's supposed to end this year though;)
Every couple of years the exclusive licence is supposed to be ending.

Tornado's got it spot on.

2010: "Yeah I'm hoping it's over this year, heard some rumors."
2011: "OK, trust me, 2011 is the year."
2012: "Things don't go as planned, OK? 2012 is when it's happening."
2013: "You know, sometimes you just have to believe. I believe 2013 is the year this contract goes kaput."
2014: "Alright guys, it's definitely happening this year. The time has come."
2015: "Soon."

Back