Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
I think we will have the next update to mid-December, before Christmas.

I hope so... namely B-Spec, endurance, and AI refinements. But that's just me lol.

You have the right to dream :)

Personally, I don't think endurance races because Kaz has never talked about it. I hope to see in the next update, at least one of the two remaining features promised : B-SPEC, course maker.

Many here speak endurance races because of the B-SPEC mode, but these are just suppositions.

Probably false as SPEC 2.0 happens after 1.13. We saw that it gave: 1.14.

Somebody who tried it in LA said that it does a clicking sound...

I think the sound he refered is this one

2:10 mark

Many people have mentioned this, both in and outside this forum. I read a magazine article (can't quite remember from whom), where the author also mentioned a ticking noise when he was going up the rev range. The trailer noise seems to fit the description, and the odds of that being the "official" noise are quite high. As I said before, PD can't really have acess to a laser engine noise since there aren't many cars in the world like this one... (if any)

Edit: Here is the magazine article, it is from Road & Track; http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-rev...ran-turismo-first-virtual-drive?src=soc_fcbks

Many people have mentioned this, both in and outside this forum. I read a magazine article (can't quite remember from whom), where the author also mentioned a ticking noise when he was going up the rev range. The trailer noise seems to fit the description, and the odds of that being the "official" noise are quite high. As I said before, PD can't really have acess to a laser engine noise since there aren't many cars in the world like this one... (if any)

Edit: Here is the magazine article, it is from Road & Track; http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-rev...ran-turismo-first-virtual-drive?src=soc_fcbks

there is a very obvious noise based on the videos about laser ufo satellite thingys.
this might be very easy to replicate because its just a pulse that happens for a fixed period with adjustable intervals, then add on movement speed and other environmental stuff same as other engines.

basically i expect to hear a rapid pop sound of the air being exploded at temps higher than the sun, or something like that

Interesting debate on the sound, wonder if the new method can manage to duplicate such a unique effect.

One has to wonder whether the laser powerplant of the 2X was created with that in mind. I do know this is first GM's project before being PD's, but perhaps PD is taking the "Vision" part of the VGT project more seriously that we think. The Subaru Viziv was the first stone of the new sound method, the 2X may very well be the testing subject for other sound types (i.e. non-fuel engines)...

I thought there would be very little to see as well.
But the video show this.

Screenshot64_zps285aec62.png
Am I the only one who noticed that the date shows Saturday, June 14, 2025? (near the clock under the track map)

Am I the only one who noticed that the date shows Saturday, June 14, 2025? (near the clock under the track map)

I get it, that's the date of start for the 24 Hours of Le Mans race! (The 2014 race, for example, started on the 14th) Chaparral 2X confirmed for the Garage 56 entry for the 2025 24 Hours of Le Mans! :sly:

And that would be another nice side reference to the past of Chaparral and Chevy... 👍

Now you can really plan early :lol:

Hell yeah, I'm going to book the trip now, just in case. :lol: Definitely going to mark this date on my calendar. :dopey:

Really late edit :dunce:: I also figured something else out. 2025 is the year chosen by the L.A. Auto Show organizers, for the design contest held every year. You know, the same one where that Chaparral Volt I showed a few pages ago first appeared? Man, the references just keep on coming with this car... :lol:

Last edited:
Well, GM really wants to showcase their car, don't they? Good for the fans who couldn't attend the L.A. Auto Show. 👍 Too bad I don't live in 'Murica...

Not a fan of this "car" at all, but I still wish they'd hurry up and release it already!

You know PD; they like to take their time teasing us (or just taking their time, really) with things. Unfortunately, Sony doesn't really let PD announce much outside these things...

Back