Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
Thank you! :)

It is tricky. I tried the car on other tracks and it's weird to drive. But I got the hang of it eventually. It might be a car I use often. Once you understand how to drive the car better, it's amazing. And if you have the 200% login bonus, it's a nice sum of money. Plus a nice car.

Hehe. What made you buy another one? The white one is nice, it represents the decals the older 2J car had.

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, getting a good time is hard, but with a full login bonus you could get a ton of credits alongside the free 2X. Nice prizes if I do say so myself.

Well, the 2X was a VGT car I genuinely liked, and I wanted to own the black one as well. But I also love the vintage Chaparral while livery, it fits the 2X like a glove. So, I decided to spend some of my hard earned credits, bit the bullet and bought myself a black 2X, after I was gifted the white one.

Its very tricky, you have to find balance between having enough speed that isn't going to plow you straight into the wall nor will be too slow for the car to not grip. While Having a wheel does help, it still requires some finesse to get a good lap. Took a while before I finally got gold.

Took about 30min to gold it with my G27 :scared:

Good catch.

Even if it were horizontal, if the thrust is applied above the centre of gravity, the car will want to rotate nose down. Tyre contact patches work best when positioned under the centre of gravity on typical driving surfaces (:sly:), hence the nose high on acceleration. An underslung mass driven on raised rails would nose down instead.

Any yaw angle relative to the direction of travel also contributes lateral force from thrust. Watching a replay there is a marginal amount of tail out action, but wheel users clearly have their rear tyres outboard of the fronts.

Admittedly, part of that may be due to more grip on the front axle when accelerating resulting in a smaller slip angle. The effect is still that the thrust is sending a portion of its work laterally.

True, so it's probably a double effect. Accelerating gives the front more traction, which makes it turn in and then the thrust from the laser shoots it around the bend. This concept is so awesome on so many levels! There are several corners at the ring where you need to go full throttle because if you lift (which usually shifts balance to the front and helps with the grip) you lose too much traction and go off track.

I wonder if simultaneous braking and accelerating can be a useful technique? Perhaps it could push the car down even more?

Its very tricky, you have to find balance between having enough speed that isn't going to plow you straight into the wall nor will be too slow for the car to not grip. While Having a wheel does help, it still requires some finesse to get a good lap. Took a while before I finally got gold.

It seems like downforce is not so much about speed as it is about thrust. If you lift the throttle even at high speed you lose a lot of downforce. The trick seems to be to brake hard enough before the corner so that you can accelerate through the corner.

I wonder if simultaneous braking and accelerating can be a useful technique? Perhaps it could push the car down even more?

I've kind of tried that, and at best dragging the throttle a bit during braking might seem to help, but I find it difficult to say...

... what is fun, is stopping the car... letting everything die down, holding the brakes, then nailing the throttle... sounds like a jet engine spooling up for about 10 seconds :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't fly as far as I thought it would with it's non-traction dependent thrust...

gLQCj1mqalWZz5A2A_0.jpg

Also, 12 months ago, if you'd have asked me what game this was from, I'd have probably said WipeOut...

XQikNFN3UgcoI5Lm6c_0.jpg

I just had 20 minutes trying to gold the 2X seasonal using a pad. Successfully passed it, but here's some notes about how it handles.

• It's RWD. The brakes have more front bias, so it's prone to understeer though it has great stopping power. Car handles weird that way.

• Acceleration causes the car to oversteer because of the torque, fortunately the vehicle is quite stable when this occurs. Don't be afraid to hit the gas midway thru a corner. Speaking of this..

• To turn effectively you must accelerate a few metres/steps from the clipping point of the driving line you ride on, so you have can have a faster exit speed.

• Like driving the RBX cars, the driving line you follow has no affect on the machine's speed, so you have plenty of room to breathe if you failed to aim for the apex.

I suggest feathering both the accel and brakes when entering a moderately-high-speed corner like the second and final turns.

Lastly I recommend doing an "out-between-in" approach when clearing the S bends. If you are able to control the oversteer after accelerating midway of a corner, you can exit amazingly fast while still having running your driving line.

This is officially the weirdest and one of the most fun cars I have driven in the game. It sounds like a jet engine mixed with an RC car brushless motor and a machine gun. That laser is something else. The acceleration is actually amazing given that it has no drive wheels. Add to that, its a sci fi/fantasy movie with four wheels and a Chevy logo:)

The speed of this car is insane, but all it wants to do in corners in understeer. Not a fan; I'll take any F1 car over this.

It is the perfect hero car for the Super Events 24 Minutes of Le Mans and 24 of Spa. Simply add weight or reduce HP to get to the 750 PP. It can be detuned all the way down to 700 PP and still be a winner.

The battery meter is refilled during pit stops the same as if it were fuel. It doesn't use tires at all since it has so little weight.

It is a very nervous car. You need to tinker with the wheel settings to get it right. You have to slow down more than you think to take turns, but once it is pointed in the right direction it is amazing.

hsv
What I've learnt:

• Never coast.
  • Approach a corner under full braking.
  • Once you've slowed to a sufficient speed, nail the throttle, full lock.
Another thing:

Do not brake while cornering. Applied to other cars but this car is very crucial.

About the engine:
(Skip to 2:40 to hear the engine!)

It also says that that little laser engine would destroy/messed up the satellite above it if it was opened. Now imagine if the 2X is crashed.

Also, want to see what the little red thing in the middle behind the engine do?

Last edited:
• It's RWD. The brakes have more front bias, so it's prone to understeer though it has great stopping power. Car handles weird that way.

• Acceleration causes the car to oversteer because of the torque, fortunately the vehicle is quite stable when this occurs. Don't be afraid to hit the gas midway thru a corner. Speaking of this..

Unfortuntely you're wrong on both of these accounts. It's not RWD, its "No wheel drive". It's being pushed by that flashing thruster like thing at the back. With that said, throttle doesn't cause oversteer, certainly has nothing to do with the torque either.

It takes a real deft hand to get a benefit from overlapping brake and throttle, but it works in as much as you can hold full throttle and keep acceleration in check by scrubbing the brakes ever so slightly. Braking hard or attempting the overlap at low speed results in understeer. EDIT: works best with ABS set high, e.g. 10; it technically works better with ABS off entirely (and a suitable bias), but the highly variable axle loads makes that very hard to modulate.

In theory, accelerating up to the maximum speed capable at a given cornering radius is less effective than being at that speed for the whole corner. But I just don't have the focus to achieve the pin sharp timing and fine control required to test that theory. Also: rage.

Calling all aliens...

A few titbits:

The suspension seems to bottom immediately under load.

Why does it have a tacho? The fan sound speed seems detached from the indicated speed, but the explosion frequency tallies perfectly, albeit at a ratio of 7.something crank rotations per "pop".

Why is thrust (interpreted via the "engine speed") limited at low speed? Would it be too hard to control otherwise? Is that why the brake overlap doesn't work at low speed?

Last edited:
I just had 20 minutes trying to gold the 2X seasonal using a pad. Successfully passed it, but here's some notes about how it handles.

• To turn effectively you must accelerate a few metres/steps from the clipping point of the driving line you ride on, so you have can have a faster exit speed.

• Like driving the RBX cars, the driving line you follow has no affect on the machine's speed, so you have plenty of room to breathe if you failed to aim for the apex.

I suggest feathering both the accel and brakes when entering a moderately-high-speed corner like the second and final turns.

Lastly I recommend doing an "out-between-in" approach when clearing the S bends. If you are able to control the oversteer after accelerating midway of a corner, you can exit amazingly fast while still having running your driving line.
It has no driven wheel, which is why you don't have option at all for traction control...
Yeah, the car is "No-wheel drive". The laser is supposed to provide thrust to accelerate the car and the wheels are not driven.

I don't like the handling too much, it's really strange but...it's fun anyway.
...the fact that with my friends i had my first actual race with it on the nordschleife probably wasn't the easiest way to try it LOL cockpit view it's awesome though.

...the fact that with my friends i had my first actual race with it on the nordschleife probably wasn't the easiest way to try it LOL cockpit view it's awesome though.

You're darn right, that was a bad idea, haha. Complex car + complex track = instant death. :lol:

Still got to gold the darn event but got to love the car :cheers: one of the most eccentric creation thus far, even more than the red bull's.
So, who already tried a match between the 2?:scared::scared:

Still got to gold the darn event but got to love the car :cheers: one of the most eccentric creation thus far, even more than the red bull's.
So, who already tried a match between the 2?:scared::scared:

In fact, I did that yesterday! The two are very similar and different at the same time, the x2014 standard is too slow for the 2x, but the fan car can keep up easily, and the x2011 will downright beat it

Grand Valley East.jpg

Back