Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 996 comments
Be careful there @MrWaflz55, you double posted, just pointing that out. But nice picture, the fan car can keep up with the 2X? Not surprised the X2011 beat it though, it is more powerful (IIRC) than the newer Redbull X cars.

yeah, I don't know if you can even delete posts, and yes the fan car will leave the 2x flat on it's face in the corners

I don't think you can, but I could be wrong. As for the fan car, it figures that top speed wise it can kill the 2X dead. It's hard to find a proper rival amidst the Redbull X cars...

I don't think you can, but I could be wrong. As for the fan car, it figures that top speed wise it can kill the 2X dead. It's hard to find a proper rival amidst the Redbull X cars...
If we thought that the red bull was radical...
At this point only the alpine is able to outdo the chaparral, or even nike's or the bertone's.
The VGT project is going on very well imho, super satisfied of the outcome, only complaint is that i'd like to be teased a little bit more with new pics of future cars.
Ah, not to forget the SRT's one, hope it's a relaboration of the concept (present in the gt2 era) and viper- mashup.

If we thought that the red bull was radical...
At this point only the alpine is able to outdo the chaparral, or even nike's or the bertone's.
The VGT project is going on very well imho, super satisfied of the outcome, only complaint is that i'd like to be teased a little bit more with new pics of future cars.
Ah, not to forget the SRT's one, hope it's a relaboration of the concept (present in the gt2 era) and viper- mashup.

I'm also eager to see what the other 'Murican brands will do. Ford's car echoes the hot rod spirit with its uncovered wheels, the Tesla (despite the fact that it'll probably be electric) looks sleek and the SRT is a bit mysterious, but I bet it'll a wild ride for sure. And let's not forget that GM still has their own project to unveil (apparently the 2X was a side project and therefore does not count as GM Design's official project)...

And I'm sure that you, as an Italian, are eagerly expecting Bertone's, Giugiaro's and Lamborghini's projects. If PD has not removed the Bertone from the VGT list yet, that might mean it still can be a reality. And boy, if that happens...

In fact, I did that yesterday! The two are very similar and different at the same time, the x2014 standard is too slow for the 2x, but the fan car can keep up easily, and the x2011 will downright beat it

View attachment 276033

Very polarizing picture. It could easily be the snapshot of a transitional period In Motorsports: Traditional techniques still being perfected years later (X2014) vs New wave of techniques previously untried before (2X).

jNlEf5rdn9fT7qmLZ_0.jpg

The aero flaps are moving the opposite direction of the way it should...this is turning left.

I was looking at the car on the track and noticed this also. The flaps position do look to be reversed. The way it is they are putting more even more weight on the outside tires and lifting the inside tires, when you want all tires to have as much grip as possible.

It is the perfect hero car for the Super Events 24 Minutes of Le Mans and 24 of Spa. Simply add weight or reduce HP to get to the 750 PP. It can be detuned all the way down to 700 PP and still be a winner.

The battery meter is refilled during pit stops the same as if it were fuel. It doesn't use tires at all since it has so little weight.

It is a very nervous car. You need to tinker with the wheel settings to get it right. You have to slow down more than you think to take turns, but once it is pointed in the right direction it is amazing.
Yep, agreed; I did both. Slightly understeery and brakes should be adjusted - but handles well and does the race in the low 25mins. Easy money. :)

Now I know why does the 2X not have dirt tires. It doesn't need them. :lol: Infinite grip, even on the roughest terrain, it is the 4X4 of the future. Man, Chaparral thought of everything... :dopey:

Do the Active aerodynamics work as plane flaps when you jump in the air? :lol:

Now I know why does the 2X not have dirt tires. It doesn't need them. :lol: Infinite grip, even on the roughest terrain, it is the 4X4 of the future. Man, Chaparral thought of everything... :dopey:

Do the Active aerodynamics work as plane flaps when you jump in the air? :lol:
Pretty useless actually. Even a tire angle does a better job at deflecting wind than the wing itself :lol:

yeah, I don't know if you can even delete posts, and yes the fan car will leave the 2x flat on it's face in the corners
Gee really? And so will the Lotus 97T, Formula Grand Turismo, and the Red Bull standard, and on some tracks the red bull Junior. :lol:
Yep, agreed; I did both. Slightly understeery and brakes should be adjusted - but handles well and does the race in the low 25mins. Easy money. :)
Slightly understeery???!!!! More like "better get your braking done before the straightaway is 3/4 complete." :lol:

I currently have a 42.8 in the time trial at high speed ring. I'm going to say keep it on the fast tracks. We had a "interesting" race with the 2X online at Spa last night, all I'll say is I spent as much time giggling as driving. Lap times varied from 1:38 to 2:08.

One thing that really, really bothers me about these Vision GT cars (well, at least most of them...) is why can't they give us figures like Length, Width, Height? I would imagine that information is necessary when calculating the physics of the car and how it behaves on a road. They give us a HP figure for this car, but no Torque figure. Just make something up that would be close to realistic! I get it with Displacement because of the type of propulsion system being used, but on many cars they use regular combustion engines and leave that data blank. If these are supposed to be cars we can drive, they must have these figures!
Yeah, it's not just these VGT cars, either—there are a ton of cars that lack basic spec information, like dimensions or power or weight. The game engine obviously has to have them, so I really have no idea why they're not provided.

Sometimes they're just missing from the "buying" pages for the car but are present once you buy the car and start tweaking the setup. It's baffling why they couldn't get that information carried over.

I don't care how exotic it is, every vehicle in this game is going to have a peak power output and a weight (mass). Even the 2X.

Yeah, it's not just these VGT cars, either—there are a ton of cars that lack basic spec information, like dimensions or power or weight. The game engine obviously has to have them, so I really have no idea why they're not provided.

Sometimes they're just missing from the "buying" pages for the car but are present once you buy the car and start tweaking the setup. It's baffling why they couldn't get that information carried over.

I don't care how exotic it is, every vehicle in this game is going to have a peak power output and a weight (mass). Even the 2X.
Yes, it REALLY bothers me when the information is not present on the Dealership page. I have bought a couple of cars that I was then mistaken about the actual specs once it was in my garage. I don't know why the heck they have to do that...

jNlEf5rdn9fT7qmLZ_0.jpg

The aero flaps are moving the opposite direction of the way it should...this is turning left.

I'm glad that many noticed this.
Maybe this is the problem in the car's handling. You can almost feel how the air blocks the turning ability, slowing down the outside side of the car, while it is supposed to slow down the inside side.

I'm glad that many noticed this.
Maybe this is the problem in the car's handling. You can almost feel how the air blocks the turning ability, slowing down the outside side of the car, while it is supposed to slow down the inside side.
It's slowing down both sides. The issue is lift / downforce. Maybe we should think of them as ailerons.

Aileron_roll.gif

So it is backwards, certainly visually.

Last edited:
Maybe its to balance the 4WS at higher speeds?
They don't act on the same axis: the steering is yaw, and the flaps operating in tandem and oppositely like that effect a rolling moment on the chassis.

As stated, forcing the car to roll more onto its outside wheels compounds the roll due to the car's inertia, further increasing the difference in load laterally.

What you really want to do is load each tyre equally: hence the normal desire for lower ride height, stiffer springs, anti roll bars etc.

I'm curious to see what would happen if someone pointed the car straight up, perpendicular to the ground, and went full throttle... I don't know if the engine will simulate it properly, but I wonder if the thrust is high enough to propel the car upwards?

I'm curious to see what would happen if someone pointed the car straight up, perpendicular to the ground, and went full throttle... I don't know if the engine will simulate it properly, but I wonder if the thrust is high enough to propel the car upwards?
you mean an upward straight like the one in eiger nordwand?

Latest Posts

Back