chatroom

It'd be...OK. Because there are so many members here, I'm afraid everyone's conversations would get jumbled together, and chat's usually decrease the amount of posting, so it's a no for me. :)

We have this in the Premium forum, and it works pretty well. For multiple conversation's all you's have to do is use the "reply" button to specify who you're talking to. But I'm not sure how it'd go with the entirety of the forums.

Its kinda a good idea. Maybe if you're on about a certain topic, you should write I'm a coloured text and so on. So then we won't get mixed up between conversations.

EDIT ; in a coloured...

We have this in the Premium forum, and it works pretty well. For multiple conversation's all you's have to do is use the "reply" button to specify who you're talking to. But I'm not sure how it'd go with the entirety of the forums.
The thread you're referring to isn't really a chat room, just a thread. As @Bopop4 said, we did use to have a general chat room (akin to TinyChat or IRC) although this was a couple of years ago before Jordon changed the forum software from VBulletin to XenForo.

A chatroom might help cut down on the slow chatting in threads but if I recall correctly it had been tried but was discarded as a bad idea even before the forum software change.

As people have said, there used to be a chatroom. It didn't really get much use, and I don't think the new forum software supports that feature.

Back