• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 47 comments

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
This thread is for people to showcase their best 'Clean-ups': that is, standards made to look premium.

As the standards have returned in GT6 we will still have the opportunity to clean them up with our favourite photo editing software. PD may have touched a few up here and there but I'm sure we can show them how it really should be done. ;)

So, arches smoothed, jaggies corrected, shadows sorted, panel seams fixed, etc... basically anything that makes the car look standard must be dealt with accordingly!

Take a look at the GT5 Clean'Em Up thread to get an idea of what we're looking for. :)

I really like the Ascari track, so, while driving around I don't get that sense of aggression or racing history as in other tracks. I thought of myself having had a good Saturday trackday. In the final cool-down lap in the afternoon, I snapped a picture with this feeling of being totally gratified of day's events in my Porsche 911 Turbo.

Standard
8y9qpe.jpg

Premium

This is my first real attempt at cleaning up a standard. I softened the hard edges I could, increased reflection on chrome and windows, added a touch of noise, and warmed the picture up some. I think it looks a heck of a lot better than before, but still not as good as the ones you guys posted. You guys are masters!
Goodwood Hillclimb_1edit3.jpg

Attachments

• Goodwood Hillclimb.jpg
    Goodwood Hillclimb.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 24
Nissan R89C 1989 24 Hours of Le Mans by Metalsun1, on Flickr

The R89C was the result of Nissan's effort to compete in the 1989 World Sportscar Championship season in the Group C category. The race car progressed from Nissan’s previous generation into a new Lola chassis and twin-turbo VRH35 engine, 3.5L V8 DOHC. Unfortunately, race tuning, reliability and track set-up was slowly being optimized and results suffered. The R89C, as a whole, was an unsuccessful race car for Nissan reaching its most prestigious position of 3rd place in both Donington Park and Spa Francorchaps. They never finished the 1989 24 hours of Le Mans due to engine failures and crashes, eventually finishing 5th in the 1989 championship. All wasn't for nothing and the lessons learned from the R89C were put to good use in the very successful future.

Looks nice - though largely a copy and paste from real photo cleanup rather than 'by hand' - still nicely done.
Just would try to keep the background through the windows from the original GT6 image though. ;)

Looks nice - though largely a copy and paste from real photo cleanup rather than 'by hand' - still nicely done.
Just would try to keep the background through the windows from the original GT6 image though. ;)

I know that I made too many copy-paste from the real one :rolleyes: but the Megane is one of the worst looking cars in game... Firstly I tried just to smooth things but it still looked awful, so I picked some parts from the real couterpart (I had one a few years ago). Maybe I should have picked less.

The window background... I also tried to mix with the photo background, but I was unable to match the lighting and colour... Sorry for that, as I said I'm less than amateur with photo edition but I wanted to give it a try :dopey:

Back