CLOSED: The Photomode Competition 68

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question or not?
Is a car built in Portsmouth and the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, England, a German car?

Silly question or not?
Is a car built in Portsmouth and the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, England, a German car?

*Walks around car
Well, there's two badges on it; McLaren and Mercedes Benz.. But the Benz badges are bigger and more numerous. It must be German.

But some use to say:
"Size doesn't matter."
:)
Evolvedsoul is not one of those people lol.
I was wondering this about Aston Martin and Mini, im not sure who owns them now but theyre probably german lol

I was wondering this about Aston Martin and Mini, im not sure who owns them now but theyre probably german lol

AM is owned by chaps from Prodrive, but Mini is definitely BMW

ps: the new Minis are all showing a German flag but built in England, would they count as German cars as well?

AM is owned by chaps from Prodrive, but Mini is definitely BMW

ps: the new Minis are all showing a German flag but built in England, would they count as German cars as well?

The new Mini is an all German car now, it is owned by BMW, Land Rover is owned by BMW too but Land Rover still an English car.

I was under the impression the bigger the turbo, the better :lol:

For the sake of simplicity, I'd say the best bet is to go by the company's original founding location. Aston may be co-owned by Prodrive and Kuwaiti investors, Mini by BMW, and Land Rover by Tata (not BMW, for over a decade now), but they were all initially formed in Britain :)

For the sake of simplicity, I'd say the best bet is to go by the company's original founding location. Aston may be co-owned by Prodrive and Kuwaiti investors, Mini by BMW, and Land Rover by Tata (not BMW, for over a decade now), but they were all initially formed in Britain :)
I would still see the flag hoisted for the car as in the game would be easier to follow.👍

The new Mini is an all German car now, it is owned by BMW, Land Rover is owned by BMW too but Land Rover still an English car.

Land Rover hasn't been owned by BMW for 10 years now. It was owned by Ford for a while and now it is owned by Indian Tata.

P.S. I wouldn't consider the Mini German either, it is made in England for the most part. It is also a long lived British brand.

I should probably end this discussion as i started it, everybody shhh about Minis and Astons:).

@Evolvedsoul its all about the supercharger:D

FINAL ENTRY

Forza Italia !

i'll try with my current wallpaper.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back