Codies games in one forum folder (replacing the F1 one)?

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 26 comments
I like the Codies games subsection idea. They have a quite a presence in the racing genre. And then separate it into DiRT, F1, and GRID.
Indeed, just change the Codies F1 folder and make that one include all Codemaster games. Wouldn't take up more space neither as the amount of folders on the main forum page stay the same. @Jordan that sounds good?

Bump; i've changed the title so it's conform to our alternative proposal.

Do i sense the honorable gentlemen that have control over this forum are lazy to start copy-pasting folders and as such are ignoring this request? :lol:

It would make searching and navigating the forums here a little easier too. I wouldn't have guessed that GRID ended up in the "Other" forums, coupled with other games like Midnight Club and GTA :crazy:

I kinda think it would good to put all racing games other than Gran Turismo in one 'Other' folder and use thread tag's to distinguish and filter between them. Would cut down the number of 'levels' considerably and the popular titles would naturally rise to the top.

Last edited:
I kinda think it would good to put all racing games other than Gran Turismo in one 'Other' folder and use thread tag's to distinguish and filter between them. Would could down the number of 'levels' considerably and the popular titles would naturally rise to the top.
The way the GT series is going, i think it would be better if GTP starts focusing more on other popular racing games. Hiding them all in the "other" section would make new people visiting this forum think it is strictly a GT forum and nothing else.

Especially seeing as this is the year of racing games. It would make sense to have a forum for the more hotly anticipated ones, chief among those being The Crew, Project CARS and Driveclub.

EDIT- I can read today it seems... there is already a forum for P.CARS. :P

The way the GT series is going, i think it would be better if GTP starts focusing more on other popular racing games. Hiding them all in the "other" section would make new people visiting this forum think it is strictly a GT forum and nothing else.

I was just thinking purely from a 'keeping it clean' viewpoint but yes it does make sense to portray GTPlanet as more than being just about GT, which is actually very much is. I guess a balance has to be found.

I've seen forums which have an individual section for nearly everything as a result the forum main page is a mess with like 50 sections.

I was just thinking purely from a 'keeping it clean' viewpoint but yes it does make sense to portray GTPlanet as more than being just about GT, which is actually very much is. I guess a balance has to be found.

I've seen forums which have an individual section for nearly everything as a result the forum main page is a mess with like 50 sections.
There wouldn't be an extra folder on the main page if codies F1 would become codies games ;)
Seems we are being ignored here though, can someone of the GTP crew confirm this can or cannot be changed please?

I'm assuming that it's easier to create a Driveclub sub-forum since there were only one or two threads prior to its naissance. For Codies, however, there are quite a lot of games and threads that need to be sorted into it such as Grid, Dirt, F1 and some of the older ToCA games.

I'm assuming that it's easier to create a Driveclub sub-forum since there were only one or two threads prior to its naissance. For Codies, however, there are quite a lot of games and threads that need to be sorted into it such as Grid, Dirt, F1 and some of the older ToCA games.
I bet mods have copy-paste tools that are fairly easy to use, or so i hope?

They do but it's a long-dragged-out process to do for everything that needs moving.
Go to the "other" folder, cut Dirt and Grid folder and paste in codemasters F1 section + rename title of the codemasters forum folder?

If someone would be willing to lend me some mod tools, i would be glad to do that :D

Go to the "other" folder, cut Dirt and Grid folder and paste in codemasters F1 section + rename title of the codemasters forum folder?

If someone would be willing to lend me some mod tools, i would be glad to do that :D
Ha ha! Yeah right. You'd have to be an administrator to move the Dirt/Grid folders/sub-forums. Moderators can only move/rename threads, not entire folders/sub-forums. ;)

Bump! Seeing Raceroom got the star treatment i would like the same courtesy for our desired codies folder pleaseeee
begginggsd.gif

Yes, it would be great to merge them into one forum folder. They definitely deserve the very same treatment - and for the sake of our convenience (:)).

Thanks Jordan, this will aid in bringing in more racing game fans to GTP apart from the gran turismo folk. One step closer to world domination :D

Back