Connect laptop to my HD tv

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
Ok so ive found i can run pc games on my laptop and I want to know what i need to do to connect laptop to tv, iIt has a HDMI output.

Many thanks.

If it had the HDMI on your laptop then all you need is an HDMI cable and a TV plug them together and viola!

You can use an RGB cable from the laptop to the TV and also a 2 sided audio jack for the sound. If your laptop has an HDMI port you can use an HDMI cable. If it only has RGB they make RGB to HDMI cables. When I hook my laptop up to my TV I just use an RGB I had laying around and I bought a 6 foot 2 sided audio jack cable. My laptop is old and only has RGB.

If it had the HDMI on your laptop then all you need is an HDMI cable and a TV plug them together and viola!
Getting that cable is half the battle. The other issue is getting your laptop to display to the TV. In windows 7, press the [windows key] + P to cycle through the display settings to get it to where you want.

This is in the wrong forum, by the way.

Ok so ive found i can run pc games on my laptop and I want to know what i need to do to connect laptop to tv, iIt has a HDMI output.

Many thanks.
This is for Windows.
When you connect a HDMI from you laptop to a TV you may get a picture on your TV as well on your laptop screen, you do not want to have two screen ON, one on your laptop and the other on your TV while your playing games. You can tell your laptop I only want it on my TV screen only, and this the way to do it.

Go to the Control Panel on your PC click on Appearance And Personalization and then click on Display, and on the left side of the box you will see Project to a Second screen click on that, and then a bar comes up on the right side of the screen, click on Second Screen Only and then you will only have your TV screen on only and not your laptop screen as well

This is for Windows.
When you connect a HDMI from you laptop to a TV you may get a picture on your TV as well on your laptop screen, you do not want to have two screen ON, one on your laptop and the other on your TV while your playing games. You can tell your laptop I only want it on my TV screen only, and this the way to do it.

Go to the Control Panel on your PC click on Appearance And Personalization and then click on Display, and on the left side of the box you will see Project to a Second screen click on that, and then a bar comes up on the right side of the screen, click on Second Screen Only and then you will only have your TV screen on only and not your laptop screen as well

Thank you very much.

Back