CORE Group C Championship: Completed, Results Up. Congratulations to Pluxtheduck and Gadget333

• Thread starter jonnyb1990
  • 380 comments
The car regulations must be revised for next season if will be any. In gt5 they were equal in handling and all but in gt6 is another story.
I've tested the nissan and it was a joy to drive, very predictable and stable and it brakes straight like an arrow, it almost felt like a modern lmp car, hell it actually is 4 years newer than the rest, being a '92 car and the other are '88.
The mazda on the other hand was a real pain in the ass to drive arround the nordchelife, verry tweetchy, unpredictable and was almos imposible to brake straight in it no matter how you set it up, i spend almost the entire wheey triying to make a setup that help but it was no use, i managed to help it a bit by setind the cambers 0/.05 and the toe to .06/.22 but i was still way too tweetchy and unstable during braking, and every time i hited a curbing it span off.
Dint know how i managed to hold on for 4 consecutive laps during the quali XD

Had to pit almos every single lap during the race :P til i decided to eventually quit.

If i only had used another car <:(

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me race tonight, and sorry for leaving mid race. Had to go to work :(

Nothing to report from me other than my uncontrollable car when damaged :)

There is no question that the learning curve in this game, and especially these cars at this track is very high. In the Nissan I was running my brakes at Front: 1, Rear: 3, and I'm fairly convinced that this made the biggest difference between my car's performance at Round 3 and Le Mans, where instability under braking cost me very heavily.

Unfortunately from the testing I had done, the cars did seem balanced; and, if I have learned anything from GT6, it's that this game offers far more tuning potential then GT5 did. The only problem is that this increased level of dynamic adjustment comes from a far more varied use of settings, and unfortunately you can only get there with time.

I realise this is a bit of a cop-out, but I do believe there is truth in it. In the meantime, we will be moving onto WEC S3 in the near future, where the greater lead time will ensure that the racing is potentially just as close, if not more-so then it was in S2. See you there.

The car regulations must be revised for next season if will be any. In gt5 they were equal in handling and all but in gt6 is another story.
I've tested the nissan and it was a joy to drive, very predictable and stable and it brakes straight like an arrow, it almost felt like a modern lmp car, hell it actually is 4 years newer than the rest, being a '92 car and the other are '88.
The mazda on the other hand was a real pain in the ass to drive arround the nordchelife, verry tweetchy, unpredictable and was almos imposible to brake straight in it no matter how you set it up, i spend almost the entire wheey triying to make a setup that help but it was no use, i managed to help it a bit by setind the cambers 0/.05 and the toe to .06/.22 but i was still way too tweetchy and unstable during braking, and every time i hited a curbing it span off.
Dint know how i managed to hold on for 4 consecutive laps during the quali XD

Had to pit almos every single lap during the race :P til i decided to eventually quit.

If i only had used another car <:(

Weight balance - fixes the car completely

Steve found it fine with my Le Mans set up (with df added) which had 50/50 weight balance
Well, it seem he didn't drive it to the limit, i was comparing it to the nissan that was miles beter, not faster but better, more precice and controlable, the mazda was very tweechy as i mention, just try them for you're self. I think the mazda needs less waight and less hp now.
The key for the nordschelife wasn't speed, it was stability over all, specially during bumps, curbings and braking tha the mazda was laking off, that's why i crashed alot :(

You should never be driving on the limit at the 'ring... It is impossible to do a perfect lap of the ring so don't bother risking it...

Also to make a car less twitchy it needs more weight...

Last edited:
Well, it seem he didn't drive it to the limit, i was comparing it to the nissan that was miles beter, not faster but better, more precice and controlable, the mazda was very tweechy as i mention, just try them for you're self. I think the mazda needs less waight and less hp now
The speccing not only considered top speed and Lap time but also handling and fuel consumption, the same speccing system that goes with all core cars. The 787b was under powered and did the slower of the lap times of all the cars because the fuel consumption was so good.. All the other cars were faster but balanced out by high fuel usage... So to change the specs of the cars would be to disadvantage the 787b to the point where it is not possible to compete and therefore would just make the core series just like all other series with mis matched specs

You should never be driving on the limit at the 'ring... It is impossible to do a perfect lap of the ring so don't bother risking it...[/quote
You should never be driving on the limit at the 'ring... It is impossible to do a perfect lap of the ring so don't bother risking it...
Plux... Just go ahead and thest the mazda and the other cars on the norschelife in ONLINE mode.

Are you paying for my train journey home then? Some of us can't just go and test cars... However when I did test the 787B at the 'ring it felt pretty good just had to be careful as you would imagine with a car with over 1000bhp per ton

The speccing not only considered top speed and Lap time but also handling and fuel consumption, the same speccing system that goes with all core cars. The 787b was under powered and did the slower of the lap times of all the cars because the fuel consumption was so good.. All the other cars were faster but balanced out by high fuel usage... So to change the specs of the cars would be to disadvantage the 787b to the point where it is not possible to compete and therefore would just make the core series just like all other series with mis matched specs
Yes, that was true for gt5 but it seems gt6 changed alot of things, specially the handling. I've used the mazda cause in gt5 was the asiest to drive for me, but now in gt6 turned out to be onr of the hardest, eaven worst than the nissan that was a bitch in gt5

In La sarte the mazda was good cause it had the better top speed and the track doesn't have alot of turns and bumps like in the nurb.

Are you paying for my train journey home then? Some of us can't just go and test cars... However when I did test the 787B at the 'ring it felt pretty good just had to be careful as you would imagine with a car with over 1000bhp per ton
All cars are good if you only test one, without testing others to compare.... Just take you're time over there and good luck [thumb]

Stewards Report: Nordschleife

No penalties for this round, so well done to all drivers for being sensible and not forcing any situations.

Final Classification:

1.jonnyb1990 - 20L - 2H04:29.229
2. Gadget333 - 19L - 2H04:49.650 (+405.954s)
3. davidb_165 - 17L - 2H00:24.722 (+892.839s)
4. OL_APEX - 13L - 1H24:14.916
5. Knukken - 12L - 1H25:29.569
6. memto89 - 6L - 36:35.827
7. duke_adam46 - 3L
8. Chozza_32 - 0L

All of which means the final results are as follows:

hcku.jpg

r4rn.jpg

At the risk of inviting nostalgia, I think the things to learn from this championship are that all in all, the points system did not work. If in the future we do use a ‘most laps led’ bonus, it will apply only to cars that do not also win the race, also I’m not a fan of the new F1 points system, and we will be reverting to the system used in WEC S2 for future events.

Other than that, I’d say this has been quite a resounding success, I personally have had a lot of fun racing with you guys, even if 90% of the challenge was just getting the cars around the track. I hope to see you guys on track in the future!

Last edited:
In which case:

I shall give Zovo the 3rd seat in the Sauber for all three races.

Joe and TnT will be in the Nissan R92 for rounds two and three.

and Gadget will be in the Mazda for the final round only.

Correct?

I can also confirm that memto89 will be taking the final seat in the Sauber and I will be in the final Toyota seat. There are still two seats left in the Nissan for Daytona but other then that, we should be expecting a full grid at the final two rounds.

Let the racing begin!

Ummmm......reference the results. Didn't Plux and I make it clear right from the start that our entry was shared not two separate ones? That being the case, shouldn't Plux and I have won the series jointly quite comfortably?

I will admit I never actually thought that was what you meant, I just thought you were making sure that you got a drive for round 3. It does seem pretty dumb to let a joint entry in, given that you know, I've never seen anyone do anything like that in online racing; but undoubtedly because you've raised it, you do actually care about the end result and I guess since I unwittingly agreed, it would be unfair to take it from you now. I shall rework the graphic.

I will admit I never actually thought that was what you meant, I just thought you were making sure that you got a drive for round 3. It does seem pretty dumb to let a joint entry in, given that you know, I've never seen anyone do anything like that in online racing; but undoubtedly because you've raised it, you do actually care about the end result and I guess since I unwittingly agreed, it would be unfair to take it from you now. I shall rework the graphic.
Thanks Jonny. TBH if I wasn't doing it to support Plux last night I probably wouldn't have entered as Group C is not my forte, so appreciate you honoring what we believed to be the case.....even if both sides lost something in translation.

In the end I enjoyed it, especially the dice I had with Knukken in the early laps, and then at the end my efforts to try and resist you lapping me on the very last lap.

Another winning series for CORE

Change has been made. I guess the silver lining to take away is that I now retain the crown of highest specific points score from multiple race entries in a CORE series for my efforts in WEC S2, who reckon's they can topple it S3? ;)

Back