Corners you hate/always get wrong

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 54 comments
Corner 3, the braking zone always catches me out. Either too earlier, or more often then not, too late and into the kitty litter.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Dinggle Dell in Brands Hatch... I hate it specially in The S lucense test with The Aventador, took me like 60 attemps to gold it because that curve :(

Nice question @Jimlaad43

For me, the ones who stand out as difficult are:
- The last corner of Willow Spring. The Sweeper :mad: (as mentioned by others here)
- Tiergarten/Hohenrain (the corner/chicane on the end of the long straight on the Nordschleife) especially in high powered cars
- The first down hill corner on Matterhorn Rotenboden, must at least have "died there virtually" a 100th times

And the one corner, above those mentioned, that I always seem to screw up is Molcomb Corner after the Park Straight on the Goodwood Hillclimb. I'm always glad the public is not real otherwise they would have a laugh...:rolleyes:

The hardest I find to do both cleanly and fast is the chicane after the tunnel at Cote D'Azur. Probably my least fond corner, would be great if we could get a chicaneless version.

The second corner on A1 Ring. It always makes the back end of the jump out off shape. You have to be so carefull not to end up in a spin

Corners with multiple apex / closing radius usually are the most difficult to master. That's probably why most examples on this topic are like that.

For me, the one I have most trouble with is Bergwerk at the Nordschleife. Its the right hander that begins the long steep uphill section before the Karussel. It takes me more time than any other corner in the game to figure out how to brake and I'll be usually a bit off the line.

It is not a track for cars, karts yes, cars no.
If this track was proposed today it would be laughed at. History doesn't make a track good. It definately isn't great.
It only takes place because of money. I'm probably in a minority but I just hate this circuit. Each to their own I guess

Pretty much all of the corners of Twin Ring Motegi, can't say I''ve ever taken a squared corner as well as I ought to have.

The Left Right Turn 2 at Tokyo R246. But for some reason, my car slides more their on all turns.

Also, I seem to have more grip on real life circuits than Original circuits. Anyway might be for another topic.

Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch and Spoon Curve at Suzuka are both difficult to get just right, as they are intended to be somewhat high-speed corners. The sweet spot is narrow and it’s easy to over or under drive those corners.

That set of last corners on Fuji are tricky for me as well. I know I could get them down with lots of practice, but I just don’t like that track enough to want to put in the time.

As for Monaco, yeah, the track is tight, but I enjoy it. Probably just because of its significance. But the corner I find most difficult to get right is Rascasse. I am consistently inconsistent there.

Come to think of it: I do dislike the combination of corners # 8 - 9 - 10 at Indiana Road Course.
Struggled with the career thing in GT5 for a very long time and I still don't like the way I am handling it in the recent seasonal.:ouch:

First turn on Brands Hatch.
Blind Right Hander that goes downhill.

You just have to time it correctly as it can make or break your time.

For me corners that I hate because I'm nearly always getting wrong are :
Mulsanne Corner at Le Mans - Usually too late braking and I'm in SANDBOX
Right corner at the Downhill at Matterhorn Rotenboden - going 100+ mph backwards into a corner is usual for me
Right turn after bridge at Sector 23 at Sierra - this INVISIBLE WALL !!!!!!!!

Paddock Hill on Brands Hatch is definitely evil, not just because it's really tricky, but because if you're the slightest bit late on the brakes then you know you're screwed right away, but there's nothing you can do at that point to save it, so you're just along for the ride for what seems like forever before you finally go flying off into the sand.

Edit: Similarly, the first corner on R246 is terrifying in a fast car, because you hit the brakes and then have ages to wonder if you got it right or not as that wall keeps rushing towards you...

Too many corners for me to say, but i will name off a few.The adeneur-frost section at the nurb. Either I go way too fast on the top of the hill or I go too slow and too far in on the left, hit the rumble strip, and flip over. Another one would be the final corner at the big willow. You can have the same speed till about the end of the turn and there is that final sharp curve, and I end up in the dirt about 75% of the time. There is also the medium right curve on the Eiger k trail going down that steep hill. You have to brake almost immediately going down the hill or you will end up in the railing. Top that all off with a lap invalidation.

Last edited:
The corner I always hate is the left hander just before the mini carousel. The series of fast corners leading up to it catch me out.
Also turn 4 willow springs. Just feels too slow. Like it doesn't flow with the rest of the track. Either end up wide and in the sand or way too slow and getting shutted into the sand.
The bus stop at spa is another. Always feels slow. Never can get it too feel right coming through there.

I used to struggle loads with Metgesfeld at Nordschleife, but not I just take it slowly and calmly just to get around without crashing. I'd also add the right hander leading onto the massive straight, I always hit the wall on the outside.

Back