Corvette C7 Test Prototype ’13 DLC Out Now!

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 1,605 comments
So this is going to be on the PS Store? Wouldn't think they would time it with an update since it's already there, but still kinda surprised they are treating it as a footnote buried in PSN update news.

Is GTP not going update the latest news page with the release of it?

So this is going to be on the PS Store? Wouldn't think they would time it with an update since it's already there, but still kinda surprised they are treating it as a footnote buried in PSN update news.

KY tweeted a pic from the Chevy show floor at LA Auto show saying show opens tomorrow. I'm sure the timing of release in the PS Store has to do with that and that there will be much more publicity at that point.

O.G
Is GTP not going update the latest news page with the release of it?
Patience. I'm sure it will be posted shortly.

There is a multitude of ways to communicate directly without having to deal with complaints. A blog/news section that doesn't allow comments for example. Tweets would even be something.

Agreed. A Blog with comments OFF would be nice, but I have a feeling that even if PD did that, people would criticize the fact they can't comment.

I do think it would be nice if they got some kind if community manager like other game companies. How awesome would it be to have a open line of communication with a PD employee here or on twitter that actually spoke English.
Someone to hype DLC before it came out instead of the usual not announcing it at all...
Even some community race with Polyphony nights or something could be set up.
Why can't Sony treat it's biggest franchise like it matters?

I would take the job if they would give it to me!

Agreed. A Blog with comments OFF would be nice, but I have a feeling that even if PD did that, people would criticize the fact they can't comment.

Personally I wouldn't. I don't expect direct 1 to 1/group communication, I just want them to talk to us in some way, tell us what they're doing. Yes Sony are the parent and can put out the news for them but they aren't even using the official channels, it's a blog on their website about the general store updates, if people don't read that or visit this website they wouldn't know. The official GT website is where all of this information should appear first IMO.

They have a blog but it's only use seems to be for the real 24 hour ring race - http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/blog/

Personally I wouldn't. I don't expect direct 1 to 1/group communication, I just want them to talk to us in some way, tell us what they're doing. Yes Sony are the parent and can put out the news for them but they aren't even using the official channels, it's a blog on their website about the general store updates, if people don't read that or visit this website they wouldn't know. The official GT website is where all of this information should appear first IMO.

They have a blog but it's only use seems to be for the real 24 hour ring race - http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/blog/
I think they would ideally want to announce this DLC car at LA Auto Show, PlayStation Blog seems to have jumped the gun and have now removed information about DLC content for GT5 now. People will know about it for sure as it should be posted in the in-game news section and official Gran Turismo website.

I think they would ideally want to announce this DLC car at LA Auto Show, PlayStation Blog seems to have jumped the gun and have now removed information about DLC content for GT5 now. People will know about it for sure as it should be posted in the in-game news section and official Gran Turismo website.

That very may well be true in this instance but my general point still stands, I wish they would communicate directly more. I'm not expecting to see 20 developers posting and mingling on this forum or anything like that but they must have at least one fluent English speaking/writing person there which can take an hour of his time each week to write something. I don't think that's asking too much personally.

Things do get posted on the official website but when was the last time it was the first place we officially heard of something? I can't think of an occasion.

I do think it would be nice if they got some kind if community manager like other game companies. How awesome would it be to have a open line of communication with a PD employee here or on twitter that actually spoke English.
Someone to hype DLC before it came out instead of the usual not announcing it at all...
Even some community race with Polyphony nights or something could be set up.
Why can't Sony treat it's biggest franchise like it matters?

I would take the job if they would give it to me!
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 💡💡💡💡💡💡 💡

Seriously 👍

Sadly it is the truth. I know I have always had an unfriendly stance against complainers, but the internet can be a very unfriendly place.

People really should be more professional with their complaints and avoid insults toward PD here.

I have had my own business for over a decade and I will be the first to tell you that habitual complainers are often handled much, much different then those who are unhappy but civil and friendly.:)
Oh, I thank you so much. :)

Good news but once again it's SCE releasing the information, not PD Themselves. Why do they find it impossible to communicate directly with us?

I can't understand how you can't understand that official instances of Gran Turismo series are officially communicating with you.

Not only you but 99% of people here always tend to forget how Polyohony Digital is "just" the developer of the game, while everything regarding Gran Turismo game series - copyrights, reserved rights, intellectual properties, communication rights, trademarks, various PR activities, marketing, promotion - EVERYTHING - lays in the hands of publisher, Sony Computer Entertainment.

All 3 territories divisions have their own people who are *Gran Turismo Managers*, *Gran Turismo Account Managers*, *Gran Turismo Brand Managers*, etc.

All communication regarding Gran Turismo is governed by SCEI/SCEA/SCEE and their respective employees. Fact that Kazunori Yamauchi personally communicates with public via his Tweeter profile is just a showcase of his good will, not his obligation or anything similar.

Polyphony Digital and Yamauchi himself are *just* employees of Sony Computer Entertainment while SCE has its own divisions - as PSBlogs clearly are - that communicates various information to fans, including about GT series. Even more, you can often discuss some news with GT brand-officers on PSBlog, they are often very polite and informative regarding things they are cleared to discuss there in Comments section.

Same with the most official GT channel, GT official web. As it clearly says in footer of every Gran Turismo official sites worldwide:

nEVGh.gif

CvKmS.gif

Also, many people (deliberately?) tend to forget - there are official Gran Turismo forums on every local Playstation site, where you can discuss and criticize game with official SCE representatives, often people that are working in GT series branding-officies/branches.

So please - not only you but all other that are constantly pushing PD regarding that - take your criticism to proper address and stop looking silly.

Last edited:
Turn 10 are exactly the same, they communicate directly via their own website, not via generic Microsoft channels. I'm sure there are plenty of other developers in the same situation that communicate themselves.

That very may well be true in this instance but my general point still stands, I wish they would communicate directly more. I'm not expecting to see 20 developers posting and mingling on this forum or anything like that but they must have at least one fluent English speaking/writing person there which can take an hour of his time each week to write something. I don't think that's asking too much personally.

Things do get posted on the official website but when was the last time it was the first place we officially heard of something? I can't think of an occasion.
You then start losing the surprise element. Current formula seems to be working well for them, I think they will only really change it if they start struggling in sales. Communication starts on game shows nearer release which I think gives enough news.

Official website and Kaz twitter is more or less first place everything gets announced when it should do. People get excited over maintenance announcements which usually points to patch and for that GT website seems to get that information out first. Other sources sometimes accidentally give out information a few hours before than they should like the PlayStation blog. I don't think majority of people who buy GT5 and DLC content will be disappointed to know about it when it actually gets released.

Last edited:
Turn 10 are exactly the same, they communicate directly via their own website, not via generic Microsoft channels. I'm sure there are plenty of other developers in the same situation that communicate themselves.

You are again saying what you think somebody should do because somebody else is doing it the way you prefer.

Also, Turn10 is really not the best example of PR of any kind, especially regarding ways they handle criticism and such on their official forums - of which there are plethora of evidence from the past (my own experience included).

So before you take some commonly acknowledged idea as fact - and present it as example of "proper practice" - take into account how there are two sides of every coin.

If you were by chance an avid Forza player and participant in the official FM community in last years - which it seems you are not, because if you were you certainly wouldn't use them as example - I guess you would think differently.

Also, all T10 are Microsoft employees in the same manner as PD are Sony's and T10 sites/community portals are also 100% governed by MS people. Do not fool yourself it is different.

one more thing doesthe corvett C7 look a little similar to ferrari scaglietti

I don't see how you can say that when we haven't even seen the real car yet.

And the GT5 DLC section in the blog was taken out. I would guess that to mean that we will not be getting the car tomorrow after all.

R1600Turbo
And the GT5 DLC section in the blog was taken out. I would guess that to mean that we will not be getting the car tomorrow after all.

Thought I was an idiot because I couldn't see it.

I don't see how you can say that when we haven't even seen the real car yet.

Probably weren't meant to reveal it yet since the Auto show is tomorrow and KY is there.

You are again saying what you think somebody should do because somebody else is doing it the way you prefer.

Also, Turn10 is really not the best example of PR of any kind, especially regarding ways they handle criticism and such on their official forums - of which there are plethora of evidence from the past (my own experience included).

So before you take some commonly acknowledged idea as fact - and present it as example of "proper practice" - take into account how there are two sides of every coin.

If you were by chance an avid Forza player and participant in the official FM community in last years - which it seems you are not, because if you were you certainly wouldn't use them as example - I guess you would think differently.

Also, all T10 are Microsoft employees in the same manner as PD are Sony's and T10 sites/community portals are also 100% governed by MS people. Do not fool yourself it is different.

So the fact that there is no information about the C7 on the official Gran Turismo 5 site is acceptable to you?

Where would the average Joe go looking for GT5 information? I don't think they will bother or care to investigate who owns who and who looks after what facet of PR - You want GT5 information you go to the GT5 site, right?

Not this. Because this:

Probably weren't meant to reveal it yet since the Auto show is tomorrow and KY is there.

That.

So the fact that there is no information about the C7 on the official Gran Turismo 5 site is acceptable to you?

Yes. There isn't any information about the C7 anywhere.

There was, but it was an error. When there is, it'll be on the official GT site. And here.

Where would the average Joe go looking for GT5 information? I don't think they will bother or care to investigate who owns who and who looks after what facet of PR - You want GT5 information you go to the GT5 site, right?

Exactly.

Once the official channels give the green light about official publishing of that information, we will get official information. Until then, everything is just rumors.

I see no problem there. Fact how we got a chance to know about Corvette's existence in game due to strange coincidence does not mean how official instances should provide "us" - whatever that means really, who are "we"? - with official explanation prior their initial plans.

The official reveal of the Corvette C7 for GT5 is probably part of the official presentation of the car at the LAAS staged for tomorrow and who knows, maybe "we" will get some additional information.

However, this is serious business and it takes many more sides and many contracts and similar business-agreements then just informing "us" about "something" we "discovered" through coincidental events.

Well yes obviously it's just what I think. I never said Turn10 communicate well or that they have good PR but the fact is they do communicate, whether you think they do it well or not isn't really the point. Also as I say i'm sure there are other developers in the same position that do the same but there aren't any games I follow intently enough to comment on that.

Yes I know FM.net is a MS operated website and everyone there is technically employed by MS but the fact still is that it's the official website and they use it to regularly communicate with fans, again whether they're happy with it or not.

Yes I know FM.net is a MS operated website and everyone there is technically employed by MS but the fact still is that it's the official website and they use it to regularly communicate with fans, again whether they're happy with it or not.

I can't understand this, honestly.

Gran-turismo.com communicate with their fans over 5 continents and on 15 languages with up-to-date news, announcements and various content related to GT and similar subjects for years now.

All regional sites offers different news/perspectives/stories there. Also, all sites have proper links to official forums where you can communicate with other players, community managers and sometimes even with GT brand managers themselves.

What is that difference you are referring to? As an avid visitor of both FM.net and GT.com I really fail to see where does exactly other community efforts are better than GT's? Would you please be so kind to enlighten me, thank you in advance.

What they don't understand is that once 1 person has seen it, the whole interweb has essentially so bit pointless removing it.

What they don't understand is that once 1 person has seen it, the whole interweb has essentially so bit pointless removing it.
I think they do understand that, however:

The official reveal of the Corvette C7 for GT5 is probably part of the official presentation of the car at the LAAS staged for tomorrow and who knows, maybe "we" will get some additional information.

However, this is serious business and it takes many more sides and many contracts and similar business-agreements then just informing "us" about "something" we "discovered" through coincidental events.

This. Contractually they probably weren't supposed to post it so it was in their best interests in taking it down.

Latest Posts

Back