Corvette C7 Test Prototype ’13 DLC Out Now!

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 1,605 comments
mcfizzle
This. Contractually they probably weren't supposed to post it so it was in their best interests in taking it down.

Lack of communication maybe then? Internally nonetheless. Communicating with fanbase is another ball game.

Which ever it is, wether it's supposed to be Advertised or its supposed to be a secret, both executions haven't been Ideal.

Still it's coming sometime.

I think they do understand that, however:

This. Contractually they probably weren't supposed to post it so it was in their best interests in taking it down.

Perhaps, you would think though if it was that important the right hand would be talking to the left and making sure it didn't happen at all. Still, glad to see another car coming and will look forward to driving it when it does. 👍

GT.com is robotic, the posts are all just factual and written by who? Nobody knows, they're basically just press releases. The FM news/blogs are personal, they're written by someone with a name and they're not written in a boring, matter of fact manner. They also have things like week in review which goes over things that have been happening and discussing any issues in the game.

GT still has updates with hidden changes that nobody seems to know about. They change things without saying anything, they don't say anything afterwards either.

The official reveal of the Corvette C7 for GT5 is probably part of the official presentation of the car at the LAAS staged for tomorrow and who knows, maybe "we" will get some additional information.

What presentation? The real car isn't supposed to be unveiled until January.

You are again discussing your personal and subjective preference and opinion and presenting it as an universal fact.

As usual, I would add.

You are again discussing your personal and subjective preference and opinion and presenting it as an universal fact.

As usual, I would add.

I really didn't think I would need to add "in my opinion" to posts like that, it should be quite clear I'm not talking in a factual manner. If it's not then, well, it's just my opinion. But even so a lot of what I said was factually correct.

Yeah I saw that on his facebook. I still don't think we're going to see the real car until Detroit...

I'm not saying the real car is being revealed, just that the C7 prototype in GT5 is tied to what's happening tomorrow.

original.jpg

Looks to be real ...

Hang on, are they unveiling a veiled car?
Or am I on meds?

The official press release for the C7 Vette that GM released like a month ago said, quite seriously, that the car won't be seen without wraps until January '13.

Hang on, are they unveiling a veiled car?
Or am I on meds?

It's probably a GT5 reveal trailer of the camo C7 and ending with download now from the PS Store, only on Playstation type of thing. If so I'm willing to bet the sound is spot on.

mcfizzle
It's probably a GT5 reveal trailer of the camo C7 and ending with download now from the PS Store, only on Playstation type of thing.

Cheers mate. Thank god there not organising my Mrs surprise 40th birthday.

Tomorrow should be fun.

Personally I wouldn't. I don't expect direct 1 to 1/group communication, I just want them to talk to us in some way, tell us what they're doing. Yes Sony are the parent and can put out the news for them but they aren't even using the official channels, it's a blog on their website about the general store updates, if people don't read that or visit this website they wouldn't know. The official GT website is where all of this information should appear first IMO.

They have a blog but it's only use seems to be for the real 24 hour ring race - http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/blog/

As I said earlier, I agree. PD should be telling us this prior to Sony, but, they don't.

To me (with heavy emphasis on me), that stuff doesn't matter. I would much rather have the C7 coming as a surprise then not get it all.

The C7 is a mysterious project, so teaming up with PD makes sense. GM in all liklihood has PD under lock and key anyways so I look at the simple fact that we are lucky to even know what we do at all.

I recommend looking at it that way to you!:)

Yeah the C7 is different with the hush hush surprise environment the whole car has at the moment. But with stupid stuff like the Speed Test pack and so on. There is no reason to keep stuff like that under wraps. Sony needs to hire someone to specifically talk to the GT community. It is the biggest franchise they have and it is facing stiff competition now.
The playstation blog helped Sony's image and fan interaction immensely. They need to give their prize franchise the same treatment.
Right now they have the image of being on the other side of the world, out of touch with fans desires because they want to add more Nissan's. They need to give the company a face that shows they still care what is important to the Non Japanese fanbase.

Can we keep this thread on topic please, unlike the other one.

Free C7 DLC discussion only. Who cares what PD does with their marketing, save it for another thread.

Back