Simroom VR3 R36, D-Box 4250i Motion, Simsteering, Precision Engineering Wheels, HE Ultimate Pedals

• Thread starter readyfe
  • 188 comments
Great work, you probably have the best GamePod rig!

If it can still be called a GamePod!

Really like the way you have it setup.

You must have put tons of work into it, especially the motion hardware.

Adapter with the P310 on T500 looks great too.

Last edited:
Great work, you probably have the best GamePod rig!

It would've been all gamepod and a true show piece for them (and not asking for anything in return), I requested the Seat Mounted Gearshift Mount and a Shelf Mounted Gearshift Mount so I could use for the TH8 & DSD Shifter and never heard anything - that's not 1 email - that's at least 20 emails over a 6 month period. And if I'm lucky enough to get a response, he's very apologetic promising to get back to me, and then nothing again.

For the amount of money I spent on the top of the line GT2 EVO Pro... Oh well.

I don't say bad things about companies or people but what I will do is support and promote people like Derek Speare, Sam Maxwell, SimRacingHardware, Simparts & Remi (RMK) - their Service & Support is excellent and would highly recommend and encourage purchases of their products because service is critical in this game.

Last edited:
Some small updates.. Busy weekend with Dad customising a triple monitor stand and me moving everything around - still got some cable management to do but most of the work is done and hopefully not touch anything for a while...

As much as I love my projector and the thought of triple projection is nice, I had to see what the fuss is about so decided on trying out some triple 27" screens. Did some playing around last night to set up bezel etc - I found pCars really suited the triples, rFactor2 was good too but original rFactor I found the side screens to be stretched.

Anyway, as usual some pics...

20121208094814.jpg

20121209171945.jpg

The mess...
20121208113354.jpg

20121209204904.jpg

Very nice, did the triple stand come that way or did you have to modify it?

Modified. It was originally designed to be mounted to the Pagnian wheelstand. I thought if I buy the complicated bit, making the stand part would be simple. My dad also had to widen it to support the 27" displays (it said it supported 27's but there was no ability bend them in which is silly) and also for the legs to be outside of the d-box actuators.

He used the spare bits that were for mounting to make the angles and used some other steel he had lying around for the base - plus he added the horizontal supporting silver brace. So, for a welder pretty simple, but for someone like me a pain in the rear..

I really wanted the fastracksims one, but delivered to Aus the top alone was going to be around $400 and with the stand over $800.. too much. This cost me $149 delivered and Dad's fee was a BBQ lunch so that worked out well :)

Here's a link: http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/fl...s/monitor-stand/gtultimate-monitor-stand.html

Looking good mate 👍

Try ticking the multi view box in rfactor config, might fix your stretching issue....

Did you go with 3D monitors?

Looking good mate 👍

Try ticking the multi view box in rfactor config, might fix your stretching issue....

Did you go with 3D monitors?

I originally ordered the ASUS 3D ones but they had a 40+ day lead time, so went with a low ms response time display that was more than half the price..

I will tick that box tonight - man you've saved me so many times with your config help - THANK YOU !

Philips 27" model # 273E3LHSB/75
http://www.philips.com.au/c/pc-monitor/e-line-27-inch-68.6cm-273e3lhsb_75/prd/

readyfe
I originally ordered the ASUS 3D ones but they had a 40+ day lead time, so went with a low ms response time display that was more than half the price..

I will tick that box tonight - man you've saved me so many times with your config help - THANK YOU !

Philips 27" model # 273E3LHSB/75
http://www.philips.com.au/c/pc-monitor/e-line-27-inch-68.6cm-273e3lhsb_75/prd/

By the looks of the angle your left and right screens are set at, multi view should help :)

Hi. How do you like your triple screen setup? I have also decided to go with three 47 led tvs. What are your thoughts on your setup vs the projector? Is it really that much better (just like I read everywhere?) Do the bezels disappear after a while? Thanks!!!

Hi. How do you like your triple screen setup? I have also decided to go with three 47 led tvs. What are your thoughts on your setup vs the projector? Is it really that much better (just like I read everywhere?) Do the bezels disappear after a while? Thanks!!!
3*47 is too big and useless!
I have a triple screen setup 2*24 and it is very good!
I had once 3*42 but it was so big and unrealistic and I couldn't enjoy it at all!
Go for 3*24' or 3*27.👍:)

I had once 3*42 but it was so big and unrealistic and I couldn't enjoy it at all!

Well, I have to disagree here. I started with three 26" 16:10 monitors and while the effect was nice. I wanted a more immersive experience and going to larger monitors gave me that.

I have three 46" 3D displays and would hate to have to downsize. Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming at first sitting so close to a large monitor if you are not used to it, but my peripheral vision is completely filled and having the center monitor so large really helps IMO (especially when you need to have just one screen active). If you're going 3D then the extra screen real estate helps immensely in enhancing the 3d effect.

No such thing as too big. I did have three 55" tv's. Thought it was too big. Went to the 46", lol, thought it might be too big also. Two weeks later, I wished I had kept the 55". You will adjust to the size of the screen. It is much easier to go down in size than up :).

My bezels are only 0.2" wide, many of the newer LED tv's sport very slim bezels now. Actually sometimes a lot thinner than the 22-27" monitors that are being used. For me the bezels I thought would be an issue, but being so small they do disappear, and when using 3D materiel they really do melt away for me. For most of my friends they would bitch about bezels until they tried the setup and the majority would say that the bezels were not as big of an issue as they thought.

readyfe, love your setup 👍. Did you ever sell the Cobra seat?

Firstly great to see the OP experience triple screens, it does add so much more to the gameplay, immersion and enjoyment. Combined with the motion it must be a great way to enjoy his games.

Not to argue but I have to disagree with the comment regarding bigger screens being too big or useless. Let me give my opinion, some may agree others may not...

I find it depends on user preference, some people want to have all screens within their FOV or with very little head turning required. This is more likely if the user has screens from say 21"-32". You will want them close mainly due to the height of the screens and to make them appear as big as possible.

Realistically if you take a common FOV used over multi screens the user will likely set the FOV to range from showing the middle of each door. With bigger screens you can get a more realistic scale approaching 1:1 so for example a cars interior height is much greater than a 27" or even 32" display has.

Of course screen size and screen distance will play a factor too but with bigger screens you can convey what if measuring a real car would span about 7ft-9ft going from approx middle of one door across the dash to the other. Also obtaining a height of screen that is realistic and fills your vertical FOV.

This size of multi-screen combination will be beyond the users FOV regards the horizontal plane but in a real car your FOV does not see from middle of each door neither. Therefore this size and type of setup requires the user to look into the corners and to the side for a more natural experience.

Some people will go even bigger with a longer viewing distance which may be beyond a realistic scale but in entertainment sense the bigger screens can enhance the fun factor and increase the sense of speed or excitement. Again it is all very much personal preference...

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that bezels of any kind suck. Sorry. Would never trade my triple 55" projection, it gives practically a 1 to 1 feel and look with zero bezels. I'm glad you found something but sad you're moving away from large projection with blending.

I am of the opinion that bezels of any kind suck. Sorry. Would never trade my triple 55" projection, it gives practically a 1 to 1 feel and look with zero bezels. I'm glad you found something but sad you're moving away from large projection with blending.

I had to see what all the fuss was about with triples and couldn't wait anymore. The stand will be modified and reused for projector screen panels and when the Qumi Q5's become available in Aus i may look to upgrade - not all is lost.

I have to say, don't like Bezels at all and screen behind screen etc... Projection is the way to go for me.

Oh yeah, motion and triple display is a whole new level of immersion.

Cobra seat still available, havent really advertised it. Might be time for eBay...

Played for a few hours tonight, bezels to me were there... Find the screens too close to my face so miss my 80" projection but I do like triples. I will over time set up triple projection like mayaman's... So much easier on the eyes I find.

Keep an eye open for CES in Jan, from the 8th. Just may be some new projectors coming in 2013.

On the monitor front 21:9 seems the new rage and Dell including LG have a beautiful 29" 21:9 set 29EA3

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-29EA93

I would expect various monitors next year with zero or very minimal borders to become more widespread.

Keep an eye open for CES in Jan, from the 8th. Just may be some new projectors coming in 2013.

On the monitor front 21:9 seems the new rage and Dell including LG have a beautiful 29" 21:9 set 29EA3

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-29EA93

I would expect various monitors next year with zero or very minimal borders to become more widespread.

Good stuff am holding off for now anyway. Saw the Dell only the other day, they look impressive...

I don't know how you guys do the projectors. I was looking into building a home theater last year and the cheapest one I considered was 3200$. There's no way I could buy 3 of those. Nothing else really had the quality of a decent tv or monitor.

I give kudos to Mayaman. His setup is a master piece. Achieving alignment (even using blending) and building the screens is a lot of work and money. I am using a dual qumi setup but I decided to make it easy on me - use three small bezels tvs for now. I will in the future go back for the triple projector.

I have also tried to do with a single projector display (like ramco's setup) but I did not like the screen too close to me. So the larger the tv and further away from me will compensate to achieve a correct 1:1 aspect ratio.

Hopefully in the meantime a new company will come up with a more affordable and realistic solution...

Last edited:
Arrived yesterday and fitted, a Sam Maxwell button plate for my P310. Really like it A LOT. I'm also due to set up some videos with the GoPro of the motion which I will do this weekend.

20121210231641.jpg

The triples really work for enclosed cabin cars as you can see here:
20121210225316.jpg

And well, Dad works hard for my hobby so he should be rewarded (he made the BBQ Spit too):
20121209103146.jpg

Good stuff am holding off for now anyway. Saw the Dell only the other day, they look impressive...

Well alternatively consider the new BenQ W1070 projector.
It is the first short throw 1080p 3D projector for the market. Get a 60" screen from approx 1 meter.

It could also be ideal for doing a Remco Style configuration but with rear projection and avoiding that silly looking issue of it shining on the players hands/wheel.

If your coming from the awesome Panasonic I doubt the image quality of the Q5 would fully satisfy you. Other models may be appearing like the W1070 but in the UK it is very attractable available at just over £700 or under USA $1000.

Oh and loving that wheel....

If your coming from the awesome Panasonic I doubt the image quality of the Q5 would fully satisfy you.

Oh and loving that wheel....

If you remember I only began this journey less than a year ago asking about Buttkickers etc... My 2 Mini LFE's are now fitted under the front pedals inside the timber motion platform I made and the BK-Advance is still under the seat.

The Panasonic image is really nice, I am missing it already. But I'm also a realist and running 3 of those isn’t practical for my set up.

I loved the P310 wheel even before putting on the button plate, it just makes such a difference in driving and more so in comfort. The button plate just completes it - would've loved to have added the paddles to the plate but was going to conflict with the SLI-Pro plate I'm running and while it would've cleared, my knuckles wouldn't have.

The triples are in, they'll stay for a while and will contemplate how I'm going to move to projection at some point next year. There's always a use for 27" screens so there's no waste there.

Now the icing, some Hydraulic Pedals please Santa.. Been looking at the Emery Emond Tiltons which are so "I want them".. but the reality is overkill for my skill level - and I love racing bare foot..!. They have the killer look, but I don't have the talent to make them work which makes it hard to justify the cost. Obviously interested in the DSD product which a lot of people are hanging out for I'm sure...

So that's it for 2012 (for now)...

Thank you for all the assistance by quite a number of you and the kind words for my set up, it is appreciated.

Actually with 4K projectors on the way...

Wouldnt 2 of these do the job - it would produce a combined wide res of 7680 x 1080...

Last edited:
Actually with 4K projectors on the way...

Wouldnt 2 of these do the job - it would produce a combined wide res of 7680 x 2160 (or 1080)...

They are already available, Sony has one that I know of retailing at £16,000 :ouch: Although their is no clarification agreed yet on a new industry standard for a 4K video format and it will be sometime yet before prices are reasonable. 1080p models are getting more and more affordable though. Likely we will see several builds continuing to go the multi projector route in 2013.

Hey just bought one of those Sparco 310 rims, on your advice. Will eventually get the T500 modified to keep as an alternative/backup to the CSW.

Thanks for sharing your updates and hope you enjoy your system...

Last edited:
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHGASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS1YY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,zhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu`\

Sorry the new kitten walked across the laptop after I left the room lol

Last edited:
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHGASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS1YY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,zhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu`\

I've got a few Irish friends, but I can't understand this....

:)

Classic..!

Back