Simroom VR3 R36, D-Box 4250i Motion, Simsteering, Precision Engineering Wheels, HE Ultimate Pedals

• Thread starter readyfe
  • 188 comments
I can vouch for the work his dad has done, solid and very accurate. I can say that about my triple monitor mount, omg this is going to go like hotcakes mate.

Last edited:
Why is all the awesome stuff in Australia and New Zealand. Some racers are going to be very happy.

Actually it is very hard for us Australian to get all the good stuff you guys get. and normally the price is crazy because of the shipping rates.
however when we have something nice like this, it's one of a kind 👍.

Actually it is very hard for us Australian to get all the good stuff you guys get. and normally the price is crazy because of the shipping rates.
however when we have something nice like this, it's one of a kind 👍.

I meant more that you guys have all the cool outdoor stuff going on, a huge sim community, VisionRacer is there, SimPit is there, just people seem to be more open minded to fun things. Here on the east coast of the USA people only care about money and how they can get it from you. Everybody is cynical, and blah about any new fresh ideas. Walmart mentality. Bah!

Latest addition to the rig...

speakersi.jpg

Latest addition to the rig...

Wow, all kinds of neat stuff coming out of that garage! Dashboards, and now integrated speaker mounts. :dopey:

I like the low profile of the speaker mounts, and they way they just hover over the monitors! :drool:

Awesome stuff! 👍 👍

Last edited:
Wow, all kinds of neat stuff coming out of that garage! Dashboards, and now integrated speaker mounts. :dopey:

I like the low profile of the speaker mounts, and they way they just hover over the monitors! :drool:

Awesome stuff! 👍 👍

“Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse: complexity sells better.” ― Edsger W. Dijkstra

(I just googled it and thought it was relevant) 👍

I've recently upgraded my gaming computer to something very much over the top.
The reason for this was since moving to triple screen I've noticed some challenges with high resolution and high detail issues with both pCARS & rF2. iRacing isn't as graphic intensive so never had an issue there.

I waited a long time for the Titan's to come into stock so grabbed two..
Embedded image not working, so use link just in case: http://imageshack.us/f/20/201305072329231.jpg/
201305072329231.jpg

Here's my PC Spec..
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79
Intel i7-3930K Core i7 CPU, Six Core 3.20 GHz, 12MB Cache, 12 Threads
Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Corsair 64GB DDR3 2133MHz CL9 (9-11-11-31) Dominator Platinum (8x8GB)
Corsair AX-1200i Platinum Certified ATX Power Supply
Corsair 480GB Neutron SSD GTX (x2)
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Link Cooling Kits
Corsair Air Series SP120 Performance Edition Case Fan (x6)
GeForce TITAN PCI-E 3.0 6GB (x2)
Creative Sound Blaster Zx
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I will be fine tuning the Corsair Link for cooling, once that's settled will be overclocking this baby to get the most out of it.

Last edited:
Now that's a computer. :)
Great build man...

See below how it compares if you run this test.
Be really interested in your scores.

With a single Titan and my aging mobo/cpu/ram I can only manage 2959.

Valley Benchmark
Good Titan Overclock guide on those forums as well.

Last edited:
Great build man...

Valley Benchmark

Was doing a heap of downloads yesterday (putting pCARS, rF2 back on).
They should be finished by tonight so will give it a run this weekend and post score here for you.

Okay thanks, you have a great combination of components and some guys over on OcUK have pretty serious rigs so will give you a good benchmark.

Wondering, does the motion in this rig ever get tiresome? Are there moments or days where you want to turn it off and race without it? Curious on this point.

Wondering, does the motion in this rig ever get tiresome? Are there moments or days where you want to turn it off and race without it? Curious on this point.

Short answer... No. It is natural/normal for me now.

Long answer.. When you're really bad at Rally, Richard Burns Rally gets tiresome yes, but when my brother was in town all he wanted to do was run RBR so - for someone who can drive in rally it's awesome, but if all you do is run off and crash then yes, I get tired of it - lol. Couldn't get the smile of his face though.

I've never turned it off or thought, I'll just run without it. The only recent time was when I built my new computer and hadn't installed the motion code and testing the game - didn't even get through a lap and couldn't handle not having it.

In iRacing I was racing an Oval track with 'Hwangm' and we were nudging each other pushing each other around and on chat at the same time I was telling him how I feel every nudge and if he didn't hit me flush and the tail slipped I felt the whole thing and it's funny because you can react to things not just by what feeling you are getting in your hands but all the environment if that makes sense.

It is a luxury but I wouldn't be this addicted to sim-racing without it.

I've spent lots of money on street cars over the years and got nothing back except spending more money. I spend it once here and drive nearly whatever car I like...

Hope this helps.

Great build man...

Valley Benchmark

I set it to Extreme HD and here's the results:

valleybenchmark.png

Machine is stock.. Still sorting out Corsair Link cooling configuration. Once I overclock RAM & CPU I will redo the test.

Last edited:
I've spent lots of money on street cars over the years and got nothing back except spending more money. I spend it once here and drive nearly whatever car I like...

Epic, very well put. 👍 👍

Awesome configuration on that PC! :crazy:

Last edited:
I set it to Extreme HD and here's the results:

valleybenchmark.png

Machine is stock.. Still sorting out Corsair Link cooling configuration. Once I overclock RAM & CPU I will redo the test.

Yeah you will blow away the score you have.
Reckon you will gain about 30 fps or more with some nice tuning.

I will likely buy another Titan at some point so nice to see what it will bring. Need to spend that money next on 3 more amps so may hold off and get a 2nd hand one later.

Yeah you will blow away the score you have.
Reckon you will gain about 30 fps or more with some nice tuning.

Initial tuning @ 4.4ghz I ran another bench : FPS is 110.3 Score is 4620

Not sure if I want to push to 4.8ghz, hmmmm....

Nice start with the CPU...

Did you download the EVGA Precision X tool.
Time to push those babies with some manual presets.

My single card speed with "Extreme HD" is only 69-70 fps.

First Person View of my D-Box motion cockpit...
Was late at night so apologies for the brightness of the screens - may do another during the day with more natural light.

Hope you like...

I recently did another video, without the wide angle lense - trying to replicate the view I have. I used an extension on the GoPro which was directly infront of my face (needed the extension so I could see - sort of). So it's a bit closer than I'd have liked.

Hope you like...

p.s. I've also since sorted out my bezel correction so things are much better aligned (not perfect but nearly there).

Back