Dark souls

Yeah!!! Victory!! Just one question: will they do something to improve the online gameplay's performance? Maybe an obligatory update...

The lag is somewhat a game breaker in Dark Souls, backstabbing in particular is broken. Personally it also seems like certain builds and items are practically forced if you want to succeed, Wrath of the Gods spamming and such as well as the near unbeatable turtle builds. That being said, every game will have balance problems it's just that the overpowered things are also incredibly easy to use and not to difficult to obtain. Then again it's still fun so long as you're not new to the game.

DLC sounds great though, the offline play is the star of the show for me. I just hope it's geared towards fairly highish level builds (60+ minimum). I'm hoping it's at least as hard as some of the later fights on the game so far.

Dark Souls: Artorias Of The Abyss Edition Bundled With Extra Goodies In Japan

Early purchasers will snap up a couple of bonus items with their game – a 70 page strategy guide that explains how to start Dark Souls and goes all the way up to the Gargoyle (this is based on the original Dark Souls guide with updated stats), an overworld map, soundtrack CD (the same one Japan got in September), and a sleeve to hold all of the items. Dark Souls with Artorias of the Abyss Edition will be available in Japan on October 25.

From Software having a tough time porting Dark Souls to PC, frame rate issues remain

Producer Daisuke Uchiyama told Eurogamer that it had underestimated how tough it would be to port the game across.

"To be completely honest, we're having a tough time doing it due to our lack of experience and knowledge in terms of porting to PC. First we thought it would be a breeze, but it's turned out not to be the case. We're still developing right now - we're crunching right now.

"In Japan there's not much of a PC market and we haven't really taken into consideration that audience before. That's one of the reasons why we haven't been able to step up on the PC platform until now."
Uchiyama went on to confirm that it hasn't fixed the frame rate problems that had hobbled certain parts of the game on consoles.

Credit: Fred Dutton

i've just picked up demon souls and dark souls, so far im only just through the tutorial and loving it, why didnt i get them when first released...

anyway, feel free to add me

kieranmarsh
i've just picked up demon souls and dark souls, so far im only just through the tutorial and loving it, why didnt i get them when first released...

anyway, feel free to add me

Ok, thanks. I'm SL 44 in Demon's Souls and 53 in Dark Souls. Feel free to call me on the weekends to play.

i've obviously got lots to learn still, and i do find myself swearing at my TV alot, the neighbours must think im suffering from tourettes....

...and im only on 1-2 in demon souls, how hard can it be following a path where a dragon even kills all the enemies along the way for you... oops dead again :)
This is the most unforgiving game ive played but for some reason i'm loving it.

Yeah it's a bit difficult in the begining, but you will learn how to deal with the game, it's just a matter of playing it. If you want some help, just ask, I'll be glad to slay some demons with you haha.

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss DLC heading to Xbox Live and PSN on October 24th

Gamer 4eva
Namco has today announced that the Artorias of the Abyss content, which debuted in the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the PC, will be available for purchase via digital download on both the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE on October 24th.

The Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss DLC will include all new maps and environments, boss characters, enemies, non-player characters (NPCs), and an arsenal of new weapons and armor.

In addition the DLC will also provide console players with an enhanced online PVP (player vs. player) mode allowing players to assemble battles against one another for all-out fights to the death.

The features included in the Artorias of the Abyss DLC include:

New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.

PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.

New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood and Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.

New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.

New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).

New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

Whoa, finally! Thanks again for the information, bro. You've been a great supporter for this thread. Maybe I've opened it in the wrong site because it seems like it's only you and me now lol.
You're very welcome & thank you very much! 👍 :cheers:

Dark Souls Artorias Of The Abyss DLC Now Live, Plus New Patch 1.06

Forbes
The new content expands a great deal on the fascinating lore of Lordran, bringing you into the magical realm of Oolacile in a different time with a new quest.

Of course, you’ll need to play many hours of old content to get there, but it’s time well spent.

The new patch removes some glitches from the game, such as the bottomless box glitch which allowed players to transfer items between characters.

And of course, some new buffs and nerfs have been patched in.

Elemental damage has been reduced, the Dark Wood Grain Ring is no longer as powerful, and various other noticeable and less noticeable changes have been made.

Here’s a list of nerfed items:

-Mask of the Father
-Mask of the Mother
-Eagle Shield
-Black Knight Greataxe
-Hornet Ring
-Dark Wood Grain Ring
-Soul Spear
-Crystal Soul Spear
-Sunlight Spear

Greatswords have also been powered down. Spears take up more stamina when used from behind shields.

You can also expect more warpable bonfires (including some very useful ones) for faster travel later in the game and a new arena mode accessed within the new content itself, making multiplayer PvP much more viable than before.

The combination of weaker items and elemental damage, which makes the game harder, and more warps which make the game a bit easier, is a sensible and welcome one even if it does mean some of your favorite items are no longer quite as good.

£9.99, if you didn't already know. I bought it immediately though only got a chance to fight 1 enemy in the new content though what a fight it was.

I've prepped a character ready for the DLC previously, basic knight no elementals or spells of any sort just a Longsword +15, elite knight/normal knight hybrid armor+9 for style and a Dragon Crest Shield+5. Currently at SL55 I have very high endurance and the Ring of Favour and Protection combined with Havels Ring so I can move quickly with this set up though do not dish out much damage at all though I can swing and block for a long time.

I'm waiting for now before I will get it. You guys will have to give your opinion if it is worth for the single player content only as I don't play PvP.

I'm waiting for now before I will get it. You guys will have to give your opinion if it is worth for the single player content only as I don't play PvP.

To be honest the main part so far as I know is the single player, which goes for the whole game really. The PvP arena isn't a massive deal so far as I know though it's a nice addition. Really it depends on your criteria, for me it's more Dark Souls which is always worth it as I love the game (probably my favourite on this generation of console).

I agree, Demon/Dark Souls are two of my top 10 games this gen. I beat Dark Souls and then didn't do much in NG+ as I let a friend borrow it. I'm early into it and I'm pretty sure you need to be past a certain point to access the DLC. Lately I've been too into Borderlands and other games to get back into Dark Sould but I will probably pick up the DLC and start playing again in the next few weeks.

You do need to reach a certain point, you need to place the Lordvessel to be precise, if you need other instructions (anyone) I know what you need to do beyond that to get to the content but nothing more past the 'entrance' to the new area.

I went for a no heal run on the second boss in the content with my knight, it took a few attempts but it was extremely intense. My basic character is giving me exactly the thrill I was looking for, it's like when I first got the game all over again. I would recommend doing similar and making a character from scratch that isn't too powerful or it will just be too easy.

The ai in the content is improved compared to normal, they have a large aggro range and more often then not get pulled in groups unless you snipe from a long way off, I've restricted myself to a light crossbow and longsword so no cheap methods for me.

Last edited:
Sorry for digging up a thread that has been dead for a while, but I didn't feel like starting a new one ;)

So, I recently bought the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the Xbox360. Had the original release for the PS3 quite some time ago but eventually sold the PS3 (and Dark Souls along with it). Never got around to finishing it. So, last week, I treated myself to a copy of the PTD Edition for finishing my exams (and, well, because playing nothing but Forza does get boring after a while). Gotta say, I forgot how great this game is! Well worth the 40 bucks I spend on it.

So, anyone else still playing this great game?

I've just passed Anor Londo and did some optional stuff I skipped earlier (eg. Dark Root Basin, probably going to get Sif next as well as the Undead Dragon in the Valley of Drakes - once I get a bit stronger :lol:).

Started as a Pyromancer and I'm currently at SL69. Upped mostly my Endurance and Vitality, which are both at 40. Currently, I'm looking to increase my Attunement to 19 for more Spell Slots, so I can go with Great Fireball, , Combustion, Great Combustion and Great Chaos Fireball. Also, ascending my Pyromancer Flame is something I'll be doing shortly. It's at +12 right now, I think.

Aside from that, I'm wielding a Lightning Claymore +5, a Hollow Soldier's Shield +10, Elite Knight Gauntlets +5 and the remaining stuff consits of the the Gold-Hemmed Black Set. As for the rings, I'm using a Ring of Favor and Protection and am switching the second one around quite a bit. I've been using defense-bossting rings situationally and the Wolf Ring at times, but I'd love to get a second Ring of Favor and Protection. I suppose that some highly upgraded armor should be outclassing the Gold-Hemmed Black set.

Once the Pyromancer Flame is maxed, Attunement raised enough to get a fifth Spell Slot and Vitality maybe rasied to 50, I'll have to decide on what to do next, though. Haven't decided on what I want to do, really. The Lighting Claymore +5 will probably see me through the first playthrough and a lot of New Game +, but I guess I'll want some more oomph later on. I might just push Dexterity to 45 to get the fastest cast speed possible and see whether I can get ahold of a well-scaling weapon. Maybe add strength and Great Magic Weapon later on.

I'm frustrated again.... Having trouble with Super Ornstien on NG+. I have to beat him to get the TWO things I want to accomplish, DLC content and the darkwraith covenant. I have to get past this difficult task thats taking me 2 weeks to get by. I only play 1-2 hours a day if I get time. I don't want to start over and play or hours just to get t the DLC I paid for. Such an awful implementation of paid DLC...

I'm frustrated again.... Having trouble with Super Ornstien on NG+. I have to beat him to get the TWO things I want to accomplish, DLC content and the darkwraith covenant. I have to get past this difficult task thats taking me 2 weeks to get by. I only play 1-2 hours a day if I get time. I don't want to start over and play or hours just to get t the DLC I paid for. Such an awful implementation of paid DLC...

Oh man, don't blame the game too much. But yeah, I must agree with you. The DLC shouldn't be accessed like this.

Back