Daytona USA

C_Raccoon23

Local Trash Panda 🦝
Premium
United States
USA
TPC_Raccooon23
CRaccoon23
So has anyone else downloaded this awesome game? This is by far the best $9.99 I have ever spent.

I can't get over the fact of how great it is to have this iconic arcade game right at home for me to play anytime. And the fact that it's compatible with a wheel makes it even better! Not to mention the ability to play online and the other extras that were added, like challenges. :D

But one final note: PLEASE Sega, if you can put this online, PLEASE put Daytona USA 2 online for download as well. It would be an absolute dream come true. :bowdown:

Last edited:
I remember seeing this when I was kid for the first time, first time I ever saw 60fps. I loved those times because no cried about "jaggies" or "screen tearing" because no one knew what they were.........

It does work with a wheel? Like, a DFP wheel and all that? I'd been following this with some detached interest, but unless that was true I wasn't going to get it.

But one final note: PLEASE Sega, if you can put this online, PLEASE put Daytona USA 2 online for download as well. It would be an absolute dream come true. :bowdown:
Daytona 2 was awesome. Sega Super GT was even better.

Last edited:
I had it on the Saturn, but my Saturn stopped working years ago, is it available on PSN or something? I know Xbox had it.

It does work with a wheel? Like, a DFP wheel and all that? I'd been following this with some detached interest, but unless that was true I wasn't going to get it.

As CMICK64 said, it does work with a wheel. You can even adjust the sensitivity of the steering, accelerator and brakes too I believe. I actually prefer to use the controller though when I race seriously though.

Daytona 2 was awesome. Sega Super GT was even better.

Yeah, Sega Super GT was amazing too. I vaguely remember playing it when I was younger. But wouldn't Sega have to get permission from McLaren, Dodge, Ferrari, and Porsche to release the game again? Especially Porsche with EA's exclusive license with them and all that.

I had it on the Saturn, but my Saturn stopped working years ago, is it available on PSN or something? I know Xbox had it.

Yep, it's on PSN. 👍

I must say, I find this game as insanely hard as playing it in the arcade. Even with a DS3, which gives me great control over the car. I have been trying to get first place on all tracks and it is quite a challenge with normal lap settings. (Gran Prix and Endurance modes are in the game too, btw.) The crazy AI doesn't make it much better either. I managed to only pull off Beginner and Advanced so far. I predict the Expert track is going to be a real 🤬.

And I'm using manual too, might I add.

Last edited:
Does it work with the Thrustmaster T500?

Ive not yet tried the PS3 version to find out! Isnt out in UK to November
Are their any reports or differences between the PS3/X360 versions? However I will be comparing both.

Last edited:
Looking to get it happening on pc. Is the version of choice Daytona USA Deluxe?

For reference I was happy with the PS3 release. Force feedback very important.

Edit: Oh.... looks like that version is not even widescreen. Seems there may not have been a pc release equal to the PS3 version. Maybe we're in PM rather than post with recommendation territory?

Last edited:
Daytona USA is surely iconic. I have the Windows version and the PlayStation 3 remake. I've completed the whole Trophy list for Daytona USA on the PS3. I've cleared everything except the challenges. I am still stuck on one of the challenges for the Expert track.

I've been a Nintendo gamer for a long time, but a lot of people are basically putting Sega in the same realm of Nintendo- as far as being a shadow of its former self. I actually love Sega Super GT/SCUD (Super Car Ultimate Drive) Race more than I do the Daytona USA series, but I wouldn't mind eventually seeing "Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge" be available on today's fancy consoles. There is hope.

Looking to get it happening on pc. Is the version of choice Daytona USA Deluxe?

For reference I was happy with the PS3 release. Force feedback very important.

Edit: Oh.... looks like that version is not even widescreen. Seems there may not have been a pc release equal to the PS3 version. Maybe we're in PM rather than post with recommendation territory?
Deluxe is an enhanced port of the enhanced Saturn port, so it's not (strictly speaking) even the same game as the arcade one. It's more like Daytona 2001 than the arcade one; though unlike the Dreamcast release it retains the physics of the original game.

Bought it a year ago. I got all the trophies within a week! I am a diehard Daytona USA fan, when I found it on PSN one day I cried tears of joy.

Is this worth getting? Does anyone still play this online? i have contemplated so many times, yet never actually purchased it.
IMO it is worth getting. I've tried online a few times and no one was there, though, but I still had a good time getting the trophies and the playing the challenge mode.

IMO it is worth getting. I've tried online a few times and no one was there, though, but I still had a good time getting the trophies and the playing the challenge mode.
Thanks, might purchase next time i see it on sale in the PS Store.

Back