DayZ Easy Company Lounge Best Zombie Game Ever Made!

• Thread starter Stiggie
  • 1,175 comments
Denmark
Copenhagen
GTP_Masicampo
.: JOIN US BY CLICKING HERE! :.

draft3A.png
draft3B.png

Work in Progress - more Banners to come! Pictures C/O DayZ Forum Members!

.: Current Sign-Up List, please check here! :.

Last edited:
.: IMPORTANT INFO :.

Briefing for New Member/Sign-ups
After completing the sign-up form, you must register inside the GTPlanet forums. You must wait for Admin confirmation before being
able to post. Once approved, you are required to introduce yourself and have at least another post in reply to another member. Lastly,
we will not give access to our camps until you log a couple of session with the group veterans. A summary below:
  • Register to GTPlnaet.net forums and wait for confirmation
  • Once confirmed, introduce yourself!
  • Post 2 times inside the thread!
  • Log play time with Platoon veterans to acclimate

Note: While waiting for confirmation for forum posting, you can add other members on steam by clicking here (under the column 'Steam Profiles') to converse with other members. You can also enter the public Steam Channel listed below.​

Weekly Schedule (to be finalized)
There are three main session days every week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - with Friday being our main meeting
day. Time-slots are not set, but to accommodate global players, start times will hover around late mornings to noon
in (US Pacific Time) which is early evening in EU. Along with MWF sessions, any member can post inside the thread,
or join our Teamspeak 3 server, to join/start random sessions.​

Platoon Server
US 755 hosted by Walkerbait (GMT +8)​
Communications Server
Teamspeak 3 hosted by Walkerbait
Address: 63.143.52.202:9993
Password: GTP123
Secure Channel Password: Given Upon Approval​

.: CODE OF CONDUCT :.

Platoon
  • Do not publicly disclose exact locations of our camps! Always use the PM system!
  • Buy a Mic/Headset for in-game communication! Download Teamspeak3 Client here!
  • No cheating, glitching, or hacking allowed.
  • No disconnecting while pressed in combat! Never leave your comrades behind!
  • Stay and die with honor rather than DC'ing like a coward!
  • Be mature and respect each other.
  • Don't forget to eat and drink in real-life before you join a session :D
  • Have fun :cool:

Forums
  • Please observe Forum AUP
  • Respect others. No in-fighting.

More?

Last edited:
You can add me, though I need to wait for the new patch as I have the retail arma X version.

Ibonibo on steam and in DayZ

Also you could go through the other thread and add the people who posted their id's, so future players don't have to look through pages of storytelling to find GTP dayZers

Cool.

Does the OP look ok (Images being right sizes)? Anyway, is the Arma X the collector's edition? Why not sell it and buy the Steam version? :)

I am down to join but I am also waiting on patches. Far too buggy for me to take seriously right now.

My steam/character is "corner_terrorist" - Dallas, TX

Do you have a hard copy too? or Steam?

I'd suggest you reinstall Arma II + Arrowhead (Combined Operations) again then the Six Updater Suite. I haven't had issues since getting 1.7.1.5 ...the patches between were very buggy though, from 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.1.4

Cool.

Does the OP look ok (Images being right sizes)? Anyway, is the Arma X the collector's edition? Why not sell it and buy the Steam version? :)

Yes, no worry I open Steam when playing. And no, Steam is more expensive, and this is the second copy I bought ;). So I am good on the arma front

I see.

Anyway... if you guys do get to play by Monday (1.7.2 update), i was thinking we could set up camp in a low population, low limit server (tent camp to store/hoard equipment, loot, and/or vehicles). Less people, less lag, less chances of being robbed. Other than that, we can schedule sessions through any of the popular servers to gather loot. By the way, tents seems to be easy to come by nowadays. I foud two in less than 30 mins of play in the same city (Cherno).

Also, does anyone use teamspeak?

Great, i think that makes it 8-9 of us if i include the ones in the other thread.

👍

Last edited:
We should set up camp northwest of the NW airfield. Tons of higher-tier weapons/ammo and a nice location that no one should be going to unless they get lost. If we end up doing anything crazy, like repairing a jet or helo, then we have a base to launch from nearby.

We should totally not do that, the NW area is a very popular area for setting up camps and therefore a popular area for raiders to check out. Not that I have any better suggestions, but I think we should first find a good base server (although time zone differences and lag will mean we probably won't play together a whole lot) and scope out various areas. It may be that we can set up a small camp in some woods somewhere that no one really goes through, but be close enough to other camps to be able to raid them. The thing about vehicles is if you find, say, a blue UAZ and it's stolen, chances are that the next blue UAZ you find will be your blue UAZ, meaning that keeping a stolen vehicle might be tricky because it's very obvious. Then again no matter where it came from, vehicles will prove tricky to hold on to anyway. Shame there's no C4 in the game, you could rig all your own vehicles with it and if they go missing just hit the detonator...

I'll be up for playing when the game is playable again, I think I'll suicide because I want to see what the game is like starting afresh. Ah who am I kidding, I'll last about five minutes in my current state anyway, AND I logged out on the road from Pavlovo to Zeleno so I'll probably log back in to find some new survivors in need of guns and ammo, of which I have some (if it's Makarov ammo).

I think west end of the map is probably a good place to camp

West of Sosnovka there is a forest and nothing to gather, no dear stand, nothing, but it's quite a hick till theairstrip

http://rien-ici.com/dayzmap.jpg

The talking over dayz really wants me to get in to play a game, but doesn't work :(

I hope my caracter is still intact. A ak when nobody has weapons, surely comes in handy, though it paints a huge target on me

Yes, definitely, scope out locations. We should do this with low populated servers... just so we could get our bearings. I haven't been North East, maybe somewhere out there? As we know, people usually flock Northwest. Somewhere North-North East maybe, between the two Airfields? It can serve as a main base. Far West can also be good. Possibly... i don't know.

We can also have another temporary (smaller) base nearer to the center of the map to serve as a supply stash. This way, if one us just spawned, he/she can quickly gear up without the need of running across the whole map.

Oh... for you fellas that has missed out the past week or so with the patches and all, it's much easier to aggro Zeds, but you can also easily lose them by just out running them and turning a corner (losing line of sight). I started my 2 day old character by just running about inside Cherno with no regards to Zeds and other players. Managed to collect 2 tents, lee enfeild, m1911, toolbox, box of matches, map, clock, compass, and generic loot (food, beverages, medical, etc.).

I'm near Starry right now, planning to check out the military tents. I'm a bit hesitant though. I wanna lay down my tents first and hoard some loot. I need a buddy to tag along with :)

Hey fellas!

I just thought of having a dedicated timeslot every week where we can all go as a group. Choosing a dedicated
time and day will be tricky. Let's see what you guys prefer... just reply with the following template below:

Copy and Paste, and fill in the blank:
GTP Name: ________
Preferred Day: ________
Preferred Time: ________

- Current List -

DayZ | GTP Squad | Weekly Session Timeslots

1. Stiggie - Friday - 10.00 PST | 17.00 GMT

As for why i chose friday, well, it's one of my days off at work and school.. and the time (late morning or early noon) suites well with our European GTP friends. 👍 Well, once we get a good number of people to post, we'll figure out what time/day suites all of us the best.

Comments/Suggestions?

Last edited:
Count me in...

walkerbait/walkerbait/WalkerBait/San Diego | USA

I've got some gear/tents as well on my current character (alive 11 days).. been playing about a month as a lone wolf and want to do the group thing, setup camp, get some vehicles, raid the NW airfield in style, and all that jazz.

For tent locations, I've had better luck placing the tents mid-map i.e. anywhere south of Stary. Had one tent last about 12 days before being robbed. Anywhere in the corners or along the edges has been robbed quickly, like within a few hours! My most recent try was mid-map west side near the edge (very hidden as well) but all my loot was gone within 2 hours. So in my experience mid map is better but we still should consider it only temporary storage with high risk of getting robbed regardless of location. Gear or tents entirely can also disappear easily due to bugs. Still we should go for it and hope for the best!

I have rented a server (Seattle, HFBservers) which should come online in the next 24-48 hours or so, we could make that home if you want. Since it will be brand new we may have a chance at some vehicles.

As for time slot, that sounds good:

GTP Name: Walkerbait
Preferred Day: Friday
Preferred Time: 10.00 PST

I'm playing usually a few hours each night and hoping to group up soon so just let me know. Do we have a voice server we can use?

Sounds great! Never really had the chance to test Camp locations, i tried once West of Zeleno, but it was wiped the very next day from the update. I still have my 2 tents and ATV at the moment. Somewherre in the vicinity of Stary.

I'll be online tonight at around 10PST (possibly). And yes! That's great about the new server :bowdown:

Haven't exactly decided firmly on voice communication yet - Teamspeak? Ventrilo?

EDIT: there are plenty of 'walkerbait's on steam. Can you link your profile directly?

Last edited:
I'm '[BRD] neema_t' on Steam and just 'neema' in game. I use Teamspeak for BF3, never tried Mumble or Ventrilo so I couldn't comment on them but TS is great. I don't know when I'll be able to get online for Day Z, I find it to be quite a big time commitment and it really depends on what mood I'm in, normally I'm not really up for getting killed by zombies and losing hours of progress so I don't play much... In fact I haven't touched it in about three weeks, not properly anyway. Maybe when your server is established and working I'll pop by and see if I can get back into it, but for now it's just a bit too daunting again. It took me about two months to work up the nerve to even try it out in the first place!

Ok anyone playing now???

I got it to work with an old beta, still have my ak and 12 mags for makarov. :D

I can play for a good hour or so, if anyone wants to join,...

Also I'm Ibo ingame

I am on Us52 near Zeleno (on my way)

Server is now up guys as of tonight, Seattle 138. I'm about to hop in the game for a bit and look for some vehicles. Steam friend/message me if you want to meet up. Steam id is WalkerBait (the one with the pic of the zombie head).

Ok we have vehicles in seattle 138!! I am near zeleno frantically looking for parts for a UAZ at green mountain. If anyone is online I could use a hand :) Steam me...

@ walkerbait - I'm about a 30 minute run from you, although my pack is pretty much filled. I'll see what i can do. Adding you on steam now.

@ Neema_T - What time slot would you prefer though if you'd ever be on?

@ ibo - Update is tomorrow, hopefully we can all play together for a quick session.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say around 8pm GMT, but as for which day... No idea. I'll try and get on tomorrow if I can get the update but I imagine the download server will be hit pretty hard.

Ok we have vehicles in seattle 138!! I am near zeleno frantically looking for parts for a UAZ at green mountain. If anyone is online I could use a hand :) Steam me...

Wawawiwa!!!

I jumped the part were you rented a server, Nice dude.

I am near Zeleno, but at work for a few hours, after I can join

Ok had a session now with walkerbait. Had a fun way joining him, going through the whole map with nothing that the map found of google (not cheating I have a paper map but it's too big).
Fun sorting out direction with just waypoints, felt like a boyscout like back in the days. Killed some Zeds along the way.
Found a farm along the way with a house, looked like nothing went in and got swarmed by 10 zeds. Went upstair and dispatched them all. Stupid Zeds.
But they are so more agro than before, I have a feeling they run even faster. But fun 👍
Both of us where not in the most healthy condition (wb at 5k, me at 8k), gutted some animals and now back in full colour :lol:
Now in the safezone and ready to go for a session again tomorrow.

Now I need to sort out the bluetooth mic:ill:

@neema : if you have the same problem as me with server side error, try what i posted in the other thread, worked for me (or as in the dayz forum)

Last edited:
Tried it, but didn't work for me. Gives a version error everytime I try to join a server with that beta patch.
edit:

DustDriver/Bert/No steam yet/Belgium | BE

Last edited:
^Yeah there are some for who it works and others not.
I hope the patch comes through soon, and that they haven't made the zeds even more aggro ;)

As Rocket is on Rezzed this week in Uk I suppose it will pass before he leaves, so it should go online in the next 48hours

I was going to go to Rezzed but then realised I couldn't afford to pay for my car insurance renewal so I decided it would be wise to not go... RPS is the only gaming site I read now, but more importantly they had playable Borderlands 2. Oh well. Anyway that's nothing to do with this at all, I'm currently seriously embroiled in MGS: Peace Walker and I can't tear myself away for long enough even to phone the insurance company to tell them I can't renew it (seriously, the renewal date was today and I phoned them this morning because I was too busy holding guys up with a banana on Friday to do it) so I can't tell when I'll next be on Day Z, and it seems like the longer I wait, the better the chance of there being an update that will fix the problems you've been having but thanks for the heads up about the potential fix all the same, Ibo.

I'm very interested in this game, where could I get a cheap copy of Arma 2 (Or the necessary expansion)?

Last edited:
Back