DayZ Easy Company Lounge Best Zombie Game Ever Made!

• Thread starter Stiggie
  • 1,175 comments
Haven't gotten time to play this the last weeks...
What do you want to know Dquan?

Generally :
-Stay out of Cherno and Elektro. Equipped people come down north to kill new spawns

- Only eat non rotten foods and only drink purified water or sodas

- Weapons : Try to find a hatchet asap. Then Zeds are not a threat anymore. Humans meleeing are also less meancing.

- M4's are only found in military bases. Ammo too. Look on the ground. Hop servers if necessary (everybody does it, so in order to survive you need to. But cautious as people wait for hoppers. Recon is important before entering.

- Use your open inventory to look for objects in your vicinity. Move aorund with it open when safe and looting.

- Only loot useful stuff. Nobody needs 25 sodas and 31 T****s.

Haven't gotten time to play this the last weeks...
What do you want to know Dquan?

Umm, everything.

Generally :
-Stay out of Cherno and Elektro. Equipped people come down north to kill new spawns

How?!

- Only eat non rotten foods and only drink purified water or sodas

How?!

- Weapons : Try to find a hatchet asap. Then Zeds are not a threat anymore. Humans meleeing are also less meancing.

How?!

- M4's are only found in military bases. Ammo too. Look on the ground. Hop servers if necessary (everybody does it, so in order to survive you need to. But cautious as people wait for hoppers. Recon is important before entering.

How?!

- Use your open inventory to look for objects in your vicinity. Move aorund with it open when safe and looting.

How?!

How?!

I have actually started reading the wiki's. There's a lot to learn. If I could team up with someone it would help.[/quote]

Well I've been playing DayZ for about a week and last night I finally got killed for the first time. I thought I'd be annoyed because I had a Mosin with scope, hunter pack, fireaxe, tonnes of food and medical supplies and I've lost it all but I found myself more shocked about how instant my demise was, it was not the heroic death I had envisaged after well over 20 hours of survival (playtime). During the whole time I only ever fired on another human once, after he tried to axe my buddy to death and then pulled an M4 on us and engaged in a lengthy firefight but only one shot found it's target which was mine to the back of him as he ran for cover. I'll never know if the shot proved fatal or not as he did not return but one thing is for sure the next shot I would hear would be over an hour later and it would be fatal.

That said I had escaped death many times before and picked up many stories along the way, from raiding airfields in fire fights to fending off starvation/sickness to intense stand-offs against firearms with only an axe to hand, myself and my partner had traversed almost a full circle of the map until we headed for the new town of Svetlojarsk to find myself shot in the head upon entering a building. I'll never know where the shot came from or how he hit me so reliably particularly given my location but it was a genuine shock to survive a full week and have it all gone in the blink of an eye. Worse then that I had to hear 3 shots ring out as my partner was gunned down shortly after without a chance to fire back, he should have ran for his life.

All that said I've had a pretty good start to my next life, in the space of 2-3 hours I've got a backpack, assault vest, some new clothes and some decent food, arms wise I have a woodcutter axe (I miss my fireaxe) and an empty shotgun. The game has become a survival game again and I think it shines best early on as you're often around other new spawns and less people who only wish to kill as they've little to gain from other players in my area (Berezino). We had an encounter with 3 other random players and did a trade where I suspect if one player had a gun it would have been a massacre.

Starting over has reminded me how much fun the game is all the way through a life, I just hope this one will not be taken so instantly.

Generally :
True, but that is because the lack of content and stuff to do up north. Called early alpha.

- Only eat non rotten foods and only drink purified water or sodas.
You can drink infinite from any of the old fashioned waterpumps.
Zeds are not a threat, yet. When they optimize it, and are able to put 3000-5000 zeds on a server instead of 20, it'll become a threat.
Wrong. M4's can be found in any military building. Does not need to be in a military base. Examples are firestations, prison building etc etc.
This is quite usefull. You can also run around with your inventory open so you can move stuff around.
Actually you do.

Eat and drink as much as possible at all times. Specially rice and cereal. If you keep a high energy level, your health and blood will generate ALOT quicker if you've been shot or taken alot of damage.

Sure you can have someone give you a bloodbag, but then you need to worry about it being the right bloodtype etc etc, or else you'll die. It also won't restore everything.

Saline bag gives you full health back (color on screen), but no blood, so if you take more damage you are more likely to die.

So, the best way to restore your health and blood is by eating and drinking... Alot...

But for now, i'll stick to playing Epoch mod.

My problem is that I never EVER find anything to eat or drink, just those old waterpumps. It's really hard to find those things.

I always play with a friend and we have the DayZDB map open on our second screens, but we always die of starvation before we find each other...

I guess there is a lot to learn ad I have only about 6 hours experience but besides the food problem, I love the game and as a beginner, it is very helpful that there are very less zombie spawns.:)

My problem is that I never EVER find anything to eat or drink, just those old waterpumps. It's really hard to find those things.
Nope. I can play less than 30 minutes in Elektro/Cherno, and have everything from the best backpack to have filled it up with drinks, beans and other loot.

I always play with a friend and we have the DayZDB map open on our second screens, but we always die of starvation before we find each other...
While having the map on the side can be usefull, it can also be confusing and you'll learn more by just looting around.

If you run from house to house in the different cities and small towns, you'll quickly notice which house is worth your time. Looking at the map won't teach you that, it will only teach you that loot might spawn there.

I guess there is a lot to learn ad I have only about 6 hours experience but besides the food problem, I love the game and as a beginner, it is very helpful that there are very less zombie spawns.:)
There is no food problem. To be honest, there is to much food and loot already. This is supposed to be a survival game, not some "running through supermarket getting everything first try" simulator. ;)

And the few zombies that spawns... Don't get used to it. Learn how to sneak past them, and if they do aggro, learn how to use the environment and surroundings around you to lose them. Quick tip; close doors behind you. It will slow the zombies down.

Thanks, @Phoenix your post was very helpful!:)👍

Well, I call it a food problem, because I have this problem. I have not been to Elektro or Cherno yet, and we don't use the map for finding loot.

And about doors and zombies... yeah... Zombies glitch through doors (acceptable because they could also just open the doors) and walls.

But the game is still Alpha and I absolutely accept this. I think it was definately worth the 24€👍

Thanks, @Phoenix your post was very helpful!:)👍
No problem, i'll help in any way I can. ;)

Well, I call it a food problem, because I have this problem. I have not been to Elektro or Cherno yet, and we don't use the map for finding loot.

And about doors and zombies... yeah... Zombies glitch through doors (acceptable because they could also just open the doors) and walls.

But the game is still Alpha and I absolutely accept this. I think it was definately worth the 24€👍
If you have trouble getting rid of the zeds, go to combat mode with your bare fists, and double tap W and sprint. You will most likely lose them after 200 meters or less.

It's most definitely alpha, but even with all the bugs and glitches it's really fun to play. It just needs some more content.
A few more different pistols and melee weapons would be great.

Oh and i'd stay away from Elektro and Cherno on high populated servers. People always come there highly geared to kill freshspawns and just make trouble.

No problem, i'll help in any way I can. ;)

If you have trouble getting rid of the zeds, go to combat mode with your bare fists, and double tap W and sprint. You will most likely lose them after 200 meters or less.

It's most definitely alpha, but even with all the bugs and glitches it's really fun to play. It just needs some more content.
A few more different pistols and melee weapons would be great.

Oh and i'd stay away from Elektro and Cherno on high populated servers. People always come there highly geared to kill freshspawns and just make trouble.

Oh, so my character sprints faster in combat mode?

It is definately fun to play, some bugs making it even more fun (a Zombie in the sea hitting the water over and over :lol:)

Yeah, I heard about the spawnkillers, but it is not easy to find empty, stable servers with your friend!:)

Oh, so my character sprints faster in combat mode?
Yes, with or without weapon, the character sprints about 20% faster in combat mode.

It's also worth noting that with no weapon in hands, you use alot less stamina, food and drinks, even when sprinting for your life, compared to normal running with weapon. 👍
It is definately fun to play, some bugs making it even more fun (a Zombie in the sea hitting the water over and over :lol:)

Yeah, I heard about the spawnkillers, but it is not easy to find empty, stable servers with your friend!:)
Most of the time the fewest people on any server is about 5-6...

And it's easy... If either you or your friend find a server, the other one can join through Steam... ;)

Hell, yesterday on a full 40 man server, in just over 3 hours, we only ever saw 2 people (of which I killed both). One was trying to kill me with a fireaxe when we were looting a barn in Solichniy (or whatever it's called), the other trying to knock my friend out (just outside Elektro)...
The route covered Elektro, following the main road to Berezino, North East airfield and the new town just north east of NEAF. Was fun and lots of adrenaline nontheless.

Last edited:
A quick note on finding food/loot problems, alot of this is due to servers that have been running for a long time. You may often find in 1 server a town which has barely a rotten apple but a freshly reset 1 will be absolutely loaded with food from the normal houses. If you see a "No message received" message that usually means the server is resetting, try to rejoin the same one again for all the fresh loot spawns and if you have nothing to lose run rampant to get to everything first (given the fact you have little to lose if you die early on). I've not had to do that, but I got lucky to run the entire NW Airfield solo and the military base closeby in server which somehow still had all the fresh loot there even though the server had been open for an hour or 2.

Also I want to support the point to avoid major towns (Elektro/Cherno) in a high population server, my only real death has come from doing that only once in a high pop server. I was far from a fresh spawn and it was just heartbreaking to be murdered so easily. Go there only if desperate or looking for trouble, there's much safer ways of getting very good loot I even regard the airfields as safer as you can at least see your killer coming more easily.

A quick note on finding food/loot problems, alot of this is due to servers that have been running for a long time. You may often find in 1 server a town which has barely a rotten apple but a freshly reset 1 will be absolutely loaded with food from the normal houses. If you see a "No message received" message that usually means the server is resetting, try to rejoin the same one again for all the fresh loot spawns and if you have nothing to lose run rampant to get to everything first (given the fact you have little to lose if you die early on). I've not had to do that, but I got lucky to run the entire NW Airfield solo and the military base closeby in server which somehow still had all the fresh loot there even though the server had been open for an hour or 2.
Yes, most servers seem to be default at 6 or 12 hours restarts. Which makes them very laggy and with loads of desync as the hours go by.

But that is admin adjustable so it should be every 3 or 4 preferably.

Oh, so that's how the loot-spawns work. Interesting.

And I did not know that you can join servers via Steam, this helps a lot:)👍
At the moment loot doesn't respawn until the server has restarted. This will be changed in the future.

And yes, Steam is very user friendly when it comes to joining other friends.

Friend and I had a blast yesterday...

We finally arrived at the airfield, the one near Krasnostav. In the first building, we found a M4A1 Machine Gun.

When we were In front of the last building (the one after the tower) we saw another person. We thought he went into the last buildung and also went in, I had the M4 and my heart was jumping from my a** to my head :lol:

When we did not find him inside the house, we went out and saw him on the tower... I aimed and...

He went behind some small thing on the tower. I wanted to change position and for one, ONLY FORE ONE 🤬 second I did not pay my attention to the guy and...

BOOOM. My screen was grey, I think the shot hit me somewhere in the chest or so. Through skype I shouted at my friend:"man! he shot me! Help me!"
He said: "Come inside the house" (note: I thought I was lying in the floor unable to move - I wasn't :lol:)

So he came out to help me - which I did not notice. I turned around and there was a person, I did not see what was in his hands, so I shot.

Suddenly my buddy shouted: "Dude! What's up with you?!"
And I was like: "🤬... That was you?!":lol:

Suddenly I heard BANG and I was blackscreend and it said you are dead. My buddy followed me just 2 minutes after, he only had an firefighter axe...

I hope you enjoyed my little story;)

Ah, and to everybody who thinks about buying this game: DO IT! It's awesome!

Krasnostav Airfield reliably causes drama, 5 out of 6 visits in Standalone have yielded encounters for me. Last night I finally got my first confirmed kill there (I've hit guys previously but never confirmed a kill. That said he was already dead most likely.

My team of 3 raided the field, prison building first but after we left it another player with an axe ran into the building which we spotted from the hangar. He only had an axe but he successfully distracted us while another guy with a firearm had been approaching the other side. My M4 wielding team-mate exchanged fire with him, but got KO'd and then disconnected not long after (ultimately he had died) while myself and our other least experienced member were trying to cover both angles. We knew the armed assailant was hit and hit badly, so I decided revenge was on the cards and proceeded to search for the body at full speed before he could recover, double barrel shotgun in hand. I found him between the 2 hangars knocked out but not bleeding and emptied both barrels into his head.

We didn't see the axe wielder again, unsurprisingly seeing many shots were fired outside, I'd love to know what went through his head.

Even though Rocket is adding more weapons and content by every week, at the moment Epoch DayZ is much more fun to play for me.

And the new big maps are really refreshing.

So I finally bought the stand alone...and I have been killed 4 times by human players.. That was a warm welcome.

So I finally bought the stand alone...and I have been killed 4 times by human players.. That was a warm welcome.
Standalone is still very much in Alpha, so don't expect everything to be golden. It will take time.

Has anyone here tried Arma 3 Breaking Point? They've been knocked offline by a PHP flood then a DDoS attack, but it looks like it would be fun. I haven't been able to go back to Arma 2 because of the improvements in Arma 3 so I'm hoping to be able to give BP a go soon. My brother is still loving Epoch, though, he got Standalone but hates it because of reasons. I've forgotten what the reasons are but I imagine they're all things that'll be fixed eventually.

Has anyone here tried Arma 3 Breaking Point? They've been knocked offline by a PHP flood then a DDoS attack, but it looks like it would be fun. I haven't been able to go back to Arma 2 because of the improvements in Arma 3 so I'm hoping to be able to give BP a go soon. My brother is still loving Epoch, though, he got Standalone but hates it because of reasons. I've forgotten what the reasons are but I imagine they're all things that'll be fixed eventually.
Arma 3 Breaking Point is very much like Arma 2 Breaking Point.... Lag fest....

I am looking forward to see what they can do with Arma 3 Epoch though. That looks interesting, as I love the base building concept.

Standalone is also just one big lag fest with zombies spawning in and aggroing over and over... That's why I stick to Arma 2 - DayZ Epoch, for now.

What's the best mod to get for DayZ right now? I'm enjoying the vanilla game but its getting a bit tiresome with all the unsavory players and zombies that glitch through absolutely everything to kill you.

What's the best mod to get for DayZ right now? I'm enjoying the vanilla game but its getting a bit tiresome with all the unsavory players and zombies that glitch through absolutely everything to kill you.
Most popular, and in my opinion the best, is Epoch... Some servers use "OverPoch", a mix between Epoch and Overwatch. Base building and loads of different weapons and items, vehicles and things to do.

Sorry for the bump but does anyone play the DayZ standalone here? I want to squad up and start playing it will other people than just myself.

I've been playing Standalone for the past couple of days with a couple of guys from Rock Paper Shotgun('s community, not staff or anything), we've had good times and we've had bad times. The only problem though is that after tomorrow I'm going to have very unpredictable gaming hours and will probably only get on DayZ maybe a handful of times a month until about October.

Back