DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Me, Sag and Flex... That's been about the typical turn out the last couple of weeks.

I have to work this coming Monday so I won't be around. I let Sag know so he can put a target together if he's gonna be racing.

Been working the past two weeks, I get home about halfway through our normal timeslot. :indiff: And by then I'm too tired to bother.

Target for June 24th, 2013

Track: Tsukuba Circuit

Target: 1'08.000

Tires: CS / SH

Top Speed: 103 mph , 166 km/h

AWD is not permitted for this week.

Q car is a Subaru BRZ (409 pp, 100 mph)

This should be an easy target for sports cars. If we can get 3+ drivers for Monday, this is what we will race.

So whats going on for tonight? Same as last week?

Honestly? Probably nothing... With attendance only being 2-3 people each week, I don't see any reason to continue at the moment. I think this format has probably run its course as far as GT5 is concerned. I have every intention of getting it going again once GT6 is out (whenever that is), either as DeadNuts or under some other name.

If you wanna come out and race tonight, there will be a few of us (myself, Brandon, possibly Sag and some others) doing some shuffle/spec racing in an open lobby. It'll probably be at the usual 7:00-8:00pm EDT when the lounge gets open, just come find me, that's where I'll be.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been running public rooms lately with shuffle and recommended garage cars. It's been going fairly well and the rooms are usually packed. Anyone here can FR me (PSN ID: BrandonW77) and follow me in, or follow NCemtB, or look for a room called "GTPub Spec & Shuffle". Hope to see some of you on track! 👍

Honestly? Probably nothing... With attendance only being 2-3 people each week, I don't see any reason to continue at the moment. I think this format has probably run its course as far as GT5 is concerned. I have every intention of getting it going again once GT6 is out (whenever that is), either as DeadNuts or under some other name.

If you wanna come out and race tonight, there will be a few of us (myself, Brandon, possibly Sag and some others) doing some shuffle/spec racing in an open lobby. It'll probably be at the usual 7:00-8:00pm EDT when the lounge gets open, just come find me, that's where I'll be.

Sorry for my lack of attendance guys. I knew I had no time for racing the last month or two so I figured if I backed away someone else would naturally take over, but I also figure the days were numbered for DeadNuts. Just too late in the GT5 life cycle for this to fly.

Work has been kicking me in the gonads lately but will settle down soon. Like the rest of you I'm looking forward to GT6. The demo has proven quite enlightening so far and I'm really loving the new physics. I have been getting online at night a bit lately, usually in Bloodredsky's room. He typically comes on at 9 and runs everything from 350PP on CM's to 550-650 on SS tires. Never seen him use racing tires. Relaxed atmosphere, fun racing, no hooligans allowed, 4wd's often not allowed..kind of like DeadNuts on steroids..💡

I'm hoping the new system for organizing racing provides opportunities we don't have now. I think PURE has done the best job of attracting and organizing races as a group (as opposed to individual series organizers of which Brandon is the King of course) and I'd like it if we could band together to do the same thing. I'd like to see one group of loosely associated series and themes under one umbrella encompassing a DeadNuts theme, beginner series, one make series, spec racing with varieties of cars, racing with tuning, spot racing, PP racing etc. One common set of racing rules, based mostly on the GTPOLR. Standardized approaches to hosting. As a loose association we could have the ability to draw on larger pools of drivers as opposed to trying to do everything as a one off and attract and keep drivers as an individual series. We could really get to know the drivers and weed out those that have no intention of playing nice, hopefully building a large pool of clean, respectful, but hard racers.

I'm back with a new PS3, will be on the lounge often :D

If you see me online, hit me up. I want to see if your lagging problem is fixed:sly: I suspected all along it was your PS3..let's find out if that was true!

Thanks JP. I plan on using the parity formula if/when I do another organized competition on here. It eliminates a lot of the nagging little problems associated with organizing a series and lets people race how they want, whether it be with paddles or shifters, abs on or off, etc. Right now I don't think there are enough people still interested to keep an organized series sustained so I'm going to try a public room experiment with shuffle and spec racing, perhaps a few other varieties as well. Either way, I'm onboard with your vision. 👍

Thanks JP. I plan on using the parity formula if/when I do another organized competition on here. It eliminates a lot of the nagging little problems associated with organizing a series and lets people race how they want, whether it be with paddles or shifters, abs on or off, etc. Right now I don't think there are enough people still interested to keep an organized series sustained so I'm going to try a public room experiment with shuffle and spec racing, perhaps a few other varieties as well. Either way, I'm onboard with your vision. 👍

Good to hear, one thing I should clarify though. When I said, "Standardized approaches to hosting" by that I only meant in the general sense of being prompt, sticking to the rules of the individual events or series, not in the specific sense that every event/series would have to be run the same way. I think it would be great for a few of us to pool more resources in terms of congregating large numbers of drivers in one place but still having RD's run races and series in their own style. Kind of a one stop shop for all your racing needs. Hopefully GT6 moves in that direction from a design standpoint.

When it comes to PP and Spec racing I sure hope they get a facelift in GT6. I enjoy Shuffle sometimes but when you get a string of really bad cars that just aren't fun to drive, let alone competitive, it knocks the fun out of it. PD needs to find some more sort options for Shuffle, perhaps through weight and power, classes or groups of cars, era etc. Tire options are also a must. One of the things I learned in hybriding was that there is more than one type of each tire, meaning there is a Sports Hard for lateral grip and another for grip along the line of rotation (forgot the technical name). Some cars in the game are equipped with one, some with the other, but it's hidden. Being able to standardized tires would help a lot with shuffle racing as well.

Spec racing should have a much bigger list to choose from. Not necessarily every car because of all the duplicates, but hundreds should be available. I think Spec racing would take off online if the car lists were bigger.

Spec racing should have a much bigger list to choose from. Not necessarily every car because of all the duplicates, but hundreds should be available. I think Spec racing would take off online if the car lists were bigger.

I fully agree with that, there really aren't many at all and it limits what we can do. They should also have cars that are actually competitive with each other so you can run two or three cars together and know it will be a competitive race, have them labeled somehow so we can easily select them.

Hybrid is back again, I'm going to build Formula 2 and Formula 3 replica, maybe we can have one make F2 races :) or one make Twincharger Ford GT race.

My Devil Z is back - God of SSR7 :lol:

Interesting, in what way are hybrid back?

I made some new cars, one is on share at the moment, EVO IX RM with twincharger ;) Most of edit works :P Currently driving Lambo Murcielago LP640 with Twin Turbo kit and everything else stock - 900+HP with epic cockpit turbo sound.

Thanks Ridox, so it seems it is not back like it used to be, or still is for me since I am still at 2.11.
chassis swap and all still not working!
Anything else beside twin turbos?

Thanks Ridox, so it seems it is not back like it used to be, or still is for me since I am still at 2.11.
chassis swap and all still not working!
Anything else beside twin turbos?

Engine, chassis, gearbox, etc can be swapped, grip and hp multi seems to not work :D It's okay now, realistic cars can be made, that's what matters most.

EDIT : The shared EVO RM has a more powerful Mitsu engine transplanted :)

Engine, chassis, gearbox, etc can be swapped, grip and hp multi seems to not work :D It's okay now, realistic cars can be made, that's what matters most.

EDIT : The shared EVO RM has a more powerful Mitsu engine transplanted :)

Good to know, I will give it a try with my European GT5 which is at 2.14.
Thanks for the update.
Do you know why it is working again?

Last edited:
Just browsing for fun, it was fun while it lasted, now that AC is out, I hope to maybe see some of the dead nuts over there when multiplayer is in operation.

Back