Deltawing 2013 Tune request

United States
Pennsylvania
WillEffingFarrel
I bought the 2013 Deltawing, and really want to use it because its so unique, and cool to me, but it seems to lose rear tire grip quite a lot, and some general understeer, i would really appreciate some help!

the MR trick seemed to work well for the deltawing. putting RM on the front and RS on the rear. It keeps the rear end more stable but doesnt help the understeer.

ive been trying to tune this thing and so far I haven't made it any faster or more stable. ho hum

This is what I'm currently using with my 2013 Deltawing.

Test track: GT World Championship Race 3 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamp

Turbo: PP-738/HP-470
NA: PP-685/HP-359

Tires: Racing Hard

Suspension:
- Ride Height: N/A (can't be changed)
- Spring Rate: F(4.83)/R(14.58)
- Dampners: Comp - F(5)/R(3) - Ext - F(5)/R(3)
- ARB: F(1)/R(6)
- Camber: F(0)/R(2.0)
- Toe In: F(-.20)/R(.20)

Brakes: F(5)/R(6)

Transmission:
1st - 2.300
2nd - 1.601
3rd - 1.168
4th - 0.888
5th - 0.702
Final - 3.600

Drivetrain: LSD 18/40/20

Power: High RPM Turbo (optional)

Body: Rear Downforce (1450)

edit: updated transmission

Last edited:

Suspension:

Transmission: Auto Set 224 mph

You are a god send. Well done, sir. Still a bit of high-speed understeer, but by god it works.

I found another way, using racing hards so it's eligable for career events. Stage 1 turbo plus oil change to 349 bhp, +40kg taking it to 515kg at 684pp, weight bias moved to 37 : 63. Rear wing at 1350, brakes 7 front, 3 rear. And that's it! You may wish to raise or lower the top end to suit what ever circuit you happen to use but I have found no need to play with the suspension or LSD settings. The car has proved to be a consistent winner in the 750pp events and only occasionaly suffers mild understeer but the lower rear wing setting just helps counter it with a slightly pivoting rear. I personaly run it with TC 1, ABS 3.

My setup is also for Racing Hard tires. I haven't tried any other tires yet.

Some of my initial setups had ballast added, but it made the car feel sluggish to me and would heat up the fronts in the turns. My lap times at Spa would average 2:09 - 2:07.

My current setup has a best lap of 2:02 with an average 2:03 - 2:04.

I still need to spend some time on tuning the transmission.

Ok, so I made a mix of both of your tunes... Wobrak, your tune is good for the most part but I made some additions and XPOWER, 7/3 brakes just don't break hard enough I though... here's my tune:

HIGH RPM TURBO KIT

TIRES: Racing Soft (used for 24 La Sarthe, they are allowed there)

SUSPENSION:
Height: N/A
Spring Rate: 4.91/15.01 (might be a little hard if you're playing with the wheel, kicks a bit but not bad overall)
Comp: 5/3
Ext: 5/3
ARB: 1/3
Camber: 0.0/2.0
Toe: -.20/.20

BRAKES: 6/5 (5/5 on dry will work though)

TRANSMISSION:
Auto set 217 MPH
5th: 0.719

LSD: 15/27/19 (could set higher for dry track, but was tuning for rain)

Downforce: 1500 (you'r not beating anyone on the straightaway so why both, play to your strength aka cornering)
Ballast: 51kg @ -50% (I think you can definitely go lower on a dry track, but again, La Sarthe was wet)

pretty easy tune to use... and you can go a bit more aggressive if the road is dry...

Set it up to understeer, and adjust your driving style to suit the car. It requires a different approach to anything else in this game.

Just discovered Ebadevils' tune, applied it to my car with a few personal tweaks and I really enjoy it. Turns the DeltaWing into a weapon for Lemans. I can do around 3.30 consistently for clean laps and although I have yet to race it in the 24min, I think it should be a 1 stop strategy given the weight and size of the engine.

Excellent tune thank you, made my deltawing much much faster.

Suspension:

Transmission:
1st - 2.300
2nd - 1.601
3rd - 1.168
4th - 0.888
5th - 0.702
Final - 3.600

edit: updated transmission

Last edited:
Just discovered Ebadevils' tune, applied it to my car with a few personal tweaks and I really enjoy it. Turns the DeltaWing into a weapon for Lemans. I can do around 3.30 consistently for clean laps and although I have yet to race it in the 24min, I think it should be a 1 stop strategy given the weight and size of the engine.

Just carried out the race twice; first with the DW in stock form (but with a mid-turbo to drag it over 700PP) and then with Eba's tune.

First time around I struggled (admittedly, that might have been down to me seeing what the weather was doing and deciding to try sports softs as that had worked with the 2J in GT5 one time in similar conditions) and could do no better than 3:50's and made several errors...I finished a lap down in 13th (1 stop).

With Eba's tune I stuck with the racing softs the whole way and the car felt much more controllable. I was able to run in the high 3:30's to low 3:40's consistently, pitted with under 9 minutes left and ended up winning by just over 6 seconds. Only hairy part of the race was at night down the straights with some spray from the cars in front....made it mighty tough to spot turn ins and whatnot. I'll admit my race wasn't completely clean, I did bully my way past a couple of cars since I could be a fair bit later on the brakes :P

I tried Wobrak's tune with racing softs at Le Mans, once you get the hang of it this car is QUICK. I was doing low 3.20s with my controller, which is as quicker than I've managed in any LMP car before. This car would be competitive online LMP servers with an optimised setup and a wheel, (and a good driver) definitely sub 3.20-able.

It is frustrating at first, but the under-steer seems to go away if you use the throttle and brake to steer the car, steer a little early and wait for the body of the car to roll before applying the steering lock you would in an normal car. Works better with TC off, ABS off if you are brave but it is very easy to lock the rears.

It takes a while to get used to driving this thing, if you get a rear wheel on the grass you will be hitting the wall backwards before even realizing, and although you can use the curbs you need to make sure you don't hit them at a weird angle. If you lose the rear end sometimes if you keep your foot down mid spin on tarmac the rears will grip when you face forwards you can do a sort of 360 walk away without losing much time (hope that kind of makes sense), if you are lucky enough to stay on the black stuff.

I wish my room at school was bigger so I could try this with my wheel, in the mean time I'm going to be racing this thing online because it is bloody awesome!

/End Rant

I have created a Deltawing tune for DS3 at 700PP. Its a little heavier than other setups and perhaps not as fast over a whole lap but I am happy with the balance it has. I managed a whole lap of Spa without leaving the track which is the first for me in this car.

Link here

DeltawingImg2.jpg

Back