Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
That's what hooks me in. I'm cresting on level 19, and I have only played into the second mission on the moon.

This is how my evening usually goes.

Go to tower
Check out all of the vendors stands
Go to orbit and debate if I want to take on the story, or explore.
Decide to explore to take down a few bounties
While exploring I ...
- Take on missions
- Explore every little nook and cranny of the map I'm on
- Help out other Guardians I happen across

Look at the clock and swear under my breath that I should have been in bed an hour ago.

Continue exploring, doing the same as before.

Look at the clock again ... realizing its now an hour later.
Return to the tower, re-examine the vendor stands
Dance
Re-evaluate my current armor and weapons, clear out any unnecessary items.
Go exploring again ... to try out the new weapons.

Look at the clock a third time and realize its now 2 hours later.
Return to the tower again.
Climb into the tree ... log off.

@PARAGON GT That is literally my approach too, almost down to the T :lol:. Just last night however, I decided to change my routine and just finish the Moon missions. I am now going to go back to my original routine at Venus, though.

I just did that last night as a matter of fact. Went to sleep at 12, woke up at 3:30am.. boy was I beat this morning.

Today I've earned something like 25 Crucible points without actually playing any PvP, I've been casually alternating between running around and watching films on my laptop so I've accumulated quite a lot of resource items. I was just spammed with invites to play the raid, I wasn't expecting to be greeted by five people with mics calling me 'no-mic neema', I went along with one of the others and we probably did a better job of holding our chosen point than the others but someone decided he couldn't hack it (we were all level 25 and it sounded like none of them had anything better than a legendary secondary, no primaries, so they kept running out of ammo... I know how that feels though as my best weapon is an exotic machine gun, so I only get to use it once every ten minutes or so. Anyway, it looks pretty tough, I'll try it out when I have more appropriate gear. Nice to know there's still stuff to be done, like the nightfall strikes, the raid(s), Iron Banner, the epic strike for my exotic bounty and so on. The only problem is I can't actually do anything but strikes, PvP and monotonous exploration until I manage to find better gear to level up with...

Speaking of which, I levelled up the Cryptarch again today, I've found a lot of engrams and bought quite a lot too (maybe 50 or so) to help the process along. My reward was only two blue engrams which gave me green guns, so that was sad. As it stands I'm just over halfway through my current Vanguard rank and exactly halfway through the first Crucible rank at 750/1500 points.

Still really enjoying Destiny the grind is almost like crack to me.....

Same...Played till my eyes hurt last night, woke up, did stuff and played again till they hurt.

Then waited an hour and repeated.

And doing it again right now.

Levelled up to cryptarc 5 today and got two legendary engrams which was pretty sweet, got a machine gun which was ok although I already had a legandary machine gun but also got a sniper rifle which was sweet.

Have a legandary in each weapon slot now which is good but still 'only' a lvl 24 so hoping to work on my armour now as that needs to improve.

So any PS4 GTP'ers want to try the raid later on today? I've got nothing to do after the f1 quali and my fiancé is at a party all night.

So any PS4 GTP'ers want to try the raid later on today? I've got nothing to do after the f1 quali and my fiancé is at a party all night.

No thanks! It'll be a lot of deaths even if you are level 25 with good gear and co-ordination, I tried it last night with randoms and even though we were relatively well-prepared, we didn't get anywhere.

My luck is awful, just as I unlock the objective to dismantle 10 rare fusion rifles for the Pocket Infinity, the gunsmith is just about to stop selling them and I have <200 glimmer after buying a load of engrams. I think I've earned enough to buy one now, we'll see, but if I'd saved up 25k (the glimmer cap) I'd be straight through to the next objective by now.

Ok maybe I'll leave the raid then, I was under the impression that it was doable with 6 people.

Ok maybe I'll leave the raid then, I was under the impression that it was doable with 6 people.

It is doable with 6 people. But they all need to be level 27 minimum, with all classes and subclasses covered, with a range of maxed out weapons which deal all types of damage, while all having mics and 14 hours + to spare.

Ok then...

Maybe not just yet then, I think I must've underestimated them.

@Terronium-12 I just got the exotic bounty for the Pocket Infinity, hopefully it'll be easier to unlock than the Thorn!

Nice!

Turns out the gunsmith finally had rare fusion rifles for sale. While I was asleep.

You have no idea how annoyed I am right now.

Nice!

Turns out the gunsmith finally had rare fusion rifles for sale. While I was asleep.

You have no idea how annoyed I am right now.

Yeah, I caught the last 45 minutes of that rotation and only had around 200 glimmer to my name, I managed to earn enough to buy just one. I've since tried grinding a Moon mission and I've made about 10k in 20 minutes, so that would've gotten me five... Yesterday I'm pretty sure I had a steady stream of fusion rifles from engrams and strike rewards, today? Nothing. I even binned the fusion rifle I was going to keep (not much point in rare stuff if you have an exotic, right?) so I'm on 2/10.

I need to complete a strike without dying for one of my bounties so I'll be cautious, usually I like to just rush in like a madman.

I'll be ready in about 10 mins and then I'll just wait for you guys?

Also, where is the guy who you trade your strange coins with? He's not where he was last week.

I'll be ready in about 10 mins and then I'll just wait for you guys?

Also, where is the guy who you trade your strange coins with? He's not where he was last week.

Right across from the where The Speaker is; right up against a door.

Oh right ok :)

Thanks, he didn't have anything I enated anyways :( Have to wait till next week.

----
Before we start would you mind helping me find some helium filaments on a moon patrol @Terronium-12 @neema_t ?

Last edited:
Oh right ok :)

Thanks, he didn't have anything I enated anyways :( Have to wait till next week.

----
Before we start would you mind helping me find some helium filaments on a moon patrol @Terronium-12 @neema_t ?

Still waiting on lunch but we can definitely dig around after I've finished. Assuming it arrives before I'm dead. :P

I've found enough for my current upgrade.

Will need more eventually as well as ascendant shards. Just doing patrol no for more vanguard Rank points.

Thanks @neema_t , you're like one of those pigs trained to find truffles. Only you find helium filaments, and you're not a pig.

Last edited:
Thanks @neema_t , you're like one of those pigs trained to find truffles. Only you find helium filaments, and you're not a pig.

No, I'm pretty sure you're some sort of divining rod, only instead of water you lead me to crates, and you're not an actual rod. I swear never find stuff that quickly when I'm on my own!

Same here, when we get back together well have to do the higher level strikes, we were going through that a bit too easily.

There's a way to get Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon from that strike but I don't know if it's as-is (Lv. 18) or has to be played through the playlist.

Anyone on PS3 that wants to do some heroic strikes?

I can sort of do them by myself, but the mobs are just too huge. You definitely need someone else to pull half the aggro.

Back