Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Sorry for he double post but I need some advice. I've just got my second choice of three Exotic bounties. Its the poorer three to choose from. Juju, Invective and Thorn. Which should I pick? I have the last word exotic hand cannon. I feel I won't use the shotgun and Juju. Well that's juju lol. Any suggestions?

Btw, just did a few tiger strikes and first hand saw someone get the hawkmoon..........lucky [censored] :)
I like the shotgun the best of the 3. It is really really good in the crucible and can destroy wizards usually in a few seconds on almost any difficulty as well as any enemies with a fire shield.
Didn't like juju at all and never use hand cannons.

I like the shotgun the best of the 3. It is really really good in the crucible and can destroy wizards usually in a few seconds on almost any difficulty as well as any enemies with a fire shield.
Didn't like juju at all and never use hand cannons.

I feel the shotgun is the best weapon out of the three, I just never use shotguns and even though they are good in pvp id rather spend my exotic slot on my suros.

I got my first Legendary weapon in an engram. It was a scout rifle and I've found it to be pretty good so far. It's an A.1F19X-Ryl

what perks does that one have?

I liked the scout rifles and now that they balanced the damage they are even better. With it maxed out I did pretty well taking out the adds in the VOG.. I have the Vanguard one with the ability to still see the radar when looking down the sites it is nice, and one random round per clip does bonus damage.. I also had one with explosive rounds which are cool, but I picked the radar one and scrapped the other for ascendant energy.

What are the thoughts between Shadow Price or Suros Regime for both PvP and PvE? I need 1 more coin to get Suros or I could buy Shadow Price with marks on Tuesday. If Suros isn't significantly better I would probably go with SP. Thanks.

...Yeah.

I've had this wonderful monstrosity for a while now (got it shortly after Pocket Infinity) and now I'm wondering why the hell it took me this long to level up toward the "Plan C" perk. Jesus.

What are the thoughts between Shadow Price or Suros Regime for both PvP and PvE? I need 1 more coin to get Suros or I could buy Shadow Price with marks on Tuesday. If Suros isn't significantly better I would probably go with SP. Thanks.

I've relied on my shadow price for ages and loved it. With the "perfect balance perk" it has virtually no recoil. I picked up a Suros today but havnt unlock the further perks yet so can't really comment on it. They are very similar but the bonuses you get with the suros are very good. The main two are "Focused Fire" which when ADS slows the ROF but gives higher damage and "Suros Regime" where the bottom half of your mag deals bonus damage and has chance to heal you. Imo if you have the chance to get the Suros id say get it but other than the two upgrades above they are pretty comparable. I'll still use my Shadow Price more than my Suros probably as I just can't go without my icebreaker most of the time. :)

Had an armamentarium chest piece laying around and decided to adopt that as my new Exotic Armor piece. I had the titan "insurmountable skullfort" helm before and although I liked it the bonuses were underwhelming. With the Armamentarium I get more Special and Heavy ammo and get 2 grenades which is a brilliant perk and what was the reason I decided to use it. Not only do you get 2 grenades but you get 110 discipline so my titan has 100% discipline with two grenades! The Heavy Ammo is very usefull to as my swarm machine gun only gets about 70 rounds max to carry with a 35 round mag.

Had an armamentarium chest piece laying around and decided to adopt that as my new Exotic Armor piece. I had the titan "insurmountable skullfort" helm before and although I liked it the bonuses were underwhelming. With the Armamentarium I get more Special and Heavy ammo and get 2 grenades which is a brilliant perk and what was the reason I decided to use it. Not only do you get 2 grenades but you get 110 discipline so my titan has 100% discipline with two grenades! The Heavy Ammo is very usefull to as my swarm machine gun only gets about 70 rounds max to carry with a 35 round mag.
Thanks for the reply, getting the chest piece was another option if i don't get SR. I love those perks bit I already have the alpha Lupi chest maxed out. So many choices.

what perks does that one have?

Zen Moment - Causing damage increases stability as you fire.

Explosive Rounds, Send It or Custom Optics - Personally I'll go with "Send It" as once active stability is maxed out.

Life Support - Recover from near death grants additional damage and reload speed.

Nope... 27 will be OK. I did my first raid at that level and all went fine. But make sure you use a fully upgraded legendary primary weapon. You'll need it.
And bring weapons that deal Void damage...

Alright thanks for the tips Ill need to start saving coins to buy an exotic weapon from Xur. Are you on ps4? Trying to get a group to be able to do it.

Today I got great luck when completing the heroic strike I got the exotic primary hand cannon such a beast gun going to work on upgrading it.

Would anybody mind letting me tag along on the nightfall/weekly heroic strike? I need about 10 more coins for the Suros Regime, but I'm not nearly strong enough to get it done.

Thanks for the reply, getting the chest piece was another option if i don't get SR. I love those perks bit I already have the alpha Lupi chest maxed out. So many choices.

No proplem, Have you made your choice? Yeah I bought it last week with the intention to switch to it straightaway but I had destroyed all my other armour for shards so needed to get hold of another legendary helm. As the perks were so intisive on the armamentarium I couldn't resist so went ahead and bought a Vanguard Armarda 3 helm with marks. I made it my mission to level them both up yesterday in preperation to hopefully get back to level 29 today.

I've had this wonderful monstrosity for a while now (got it shortly after Pocket Infinity) and now I'm wondering why the hell it took me this long to level up toward the "Plan C" perk. Jesus.

I'm sick of you showing off your Pocket Infinity. Sick of it!

:grumpy:

Wow I just received another Exotic bounty missive while cashing in todays bounties after having one last night! That's insane. 2 exotic bounties within 12 hours. It was the Super good advice one. I didn't have a choice. I'm happy with that though. Plus I got another legendary engram with the calming FWC fusion rifle. I also got a weird looking armor shader that was all numbers for its name. Good mornings work. :)

Last edited:
No proplem, Have you made your choice? Yeah I bought it last week with the intention to switch to it straightaway but I had destroyed all my other armour for shards so needed to get hold of another legendary helm. As the perks were so intisive on the armamentarium I couldn't resist so went ahead and bought a Vanguard Armarda 3 helm with marks. I made it my mission to level them both up yesterday in preperation to hopefully get back to level 29 today.
No, but I'm leaning towards buying the Armamentarium. I'm not a big PvP player and I've read SR is better for that, plus I mainly use Scout Rifles now. I also think Armamentarium will be better for hard raids with the second grenade plus heavy and special ammo than the Crest of Alpha Lupi since faster revive is useless on hard.

No, but I'm leaning towards buying the Armamentarium. I'm not a big PvP player and I've read SR is better for that, plus I mainly use Scout Rifles now. I also think Armamentarium will be better for hard raids with the second grenade plus heavy and special ammo than the Crest of Alpha Lupi since faster revive is useless on hard.

The suros is the best Auto in the game theres no denying that. the thing I don't like is the Shadow price has the same max damage stat than the SR. Ofcourse the superior range and perks mean you'll deal more damage with the SR but still the shadow price is very close. Id say very good choice on the Armamentarium, I'm loving mine so far. Double grenades is just great ands its nice to carry a decent amount of heavy ammo for once :) I'm intrested to know how many more rockets ot holds for RPGs id guess one. I'll have to check later.

I'm still kind of in shock from last night. I'm a level 25 and up to last night my only weapons were rare. Did the nightfall with a level 28 friend and got The Last Word as the reward. :) Also got The Comedian shotgun for hitting vanguard level 3 so my weapons got a big boost.

Nice to have an exotic bounty that could be done quickly. Super Good Advice added to my collection. Still to lazy to finish of my pocket infinity bounty even though I just need 130 nightfall kills to get it.

So, finally tried the raid with @Terronium-12, @dice1998, @Oso Actual , and @CAMAROBOY69. I must say, it was pretty intense. So much so that I had 5 beers and it feels like Ive had less than half that because of the adrenaline.

I managed better than I thought I would. I was expecting to do horrible haha. Also, sorry if I was loud, I have no playback on my headset, so I may not realize how loud I'm speaking :lol:

Last edited:
I'm glad we were able to coordinate the raid, since I've never participated in one, it brought some fresh gameplay. Looking forward to more raids! They are intense and if we haven't got to the hard part yet........I can only imagine.

I decide to do the Nightfall again with my Lv. 28 Hunter and on my first go I'm taken out by a Thrall through no fault of my own (why in the hell did I try and bladedance my way through that?), and all before I could get a hold of the legendary engram that dropped - no worries, it'll be at the Postmaster.

On my second go I clear the strike and with my heart pounding, and exhaling the sweet air of relief I watch as the countdown timer ticks to zero taking immediate notice that "KR_Viper Has Found..." never showed up leading me to think it would be nothing more than strange coins or ascendant materials.

Nope.

Destiny_20141026013521.jpg

Finally. My heart is still racing. I now have both Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon.

Oh, what became of the legendary engram you ask? Well it turns out it was for a special weapon and it wasn't anything too special, just this:

Destiny_20141026015620.jpg

Destiny_20141026015939.jpg

Best. Session. Ever. :lol:

I decide to do the Nightfall again with my Lv. 28 Hunter and on my first go I'm taken out by a Thrall through no fault of my own (why in the hell did I try and bladedance my way through that?), and all before I could get a hold of the legendary engram that dropped - no worries, it'll be at the Postmaster.

On my second go I clear the strike and with my heart pounding, and exhaling the sweet air of relief I watch as the countdown timer ticks to zero taking immediate notice that "KR_Viper Has Found..." never showed up leading me to think it would be nothing more than strange coins or ascendant materials.

Nope.

View attachment 245420
Finally. My heart is still racing. I now have both Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon.

Oh, what became of the legendary engram you ask? Well it turns out it was for a special weapon and it wasn't anything too special, just this:

View attachment 245422
View attachment 245421
Best. Session. Ever. :lol:

On your own?

Sweet weapons tho :)

On your own?

Sweet weapons tho :)

Yes. Patience and Time was a very unexpected bonus, and is keeping with how things are going apparently; I get one thing I really want and then not long after I'm being rained on with some other exotic I wanted.

Wow, good stuff. I'd have to play a year to get that kind of luck.

If it makes you feel any better, my luck doesn't extend to the One version. :lol:

@Terronium-12 - wow your luck certainly changed. Congrats on complete the nightfall solo and getting some awesome loot.

I still need to the nightfall, not sure if I can complete it on solo. Wink wink, nudge nudge!

As for doing the raid on Heroic that would be intense. I'm game but I would prefer to try another run on normal first, that's if we complete it today.

Back