Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
"because it kills people". I dont think I said that. The numbers 331 etc, dont tell the whole story, I linked you a video showing how destructive it is. It's not my fault your a grumpy panda.
I was a little offended that I was replied to in such a way when I was just asking a question. You literally didnt answer and you put that smiley, so that's why I replied the way I did. The video doesnt show why its better then something else, its just shows that someone used it to defeat Crota

I can post a video of my rare scout rifle destroying a bunch of things, does that mean anything? No. Like you said, stats dont tell the whole story, but neither does just a video. Having all information combined is what would help most in this situation.

So its 331, with cluster bombs, homing, and and two rockets. Sounds exactly like what I have already, from a Legendary. Thats why I was asking, becauase I was wondering if I should waste an exotic slot if I have something so similar.

Because it destroys enemies in PvE like no ones business
While you are right, you didnt exactly use the words "because it kills people" But that was the gist of it.

All in all, I replied with what I did because of what was rudely thrown at me. No hard feelings, but no point to use that smiley in a condescending way and then call the person that replies to it, grumpy.

Either way, theres no need for us to act like this toward each other.

Last edited:
I presume that you have done or attempted the Crota raid or at least heard how tricky it is. That is why I linked a vid showing that a skilled player used it as his weapon of choice to take down Crotas shield with the Gjallarhorn, where normally that takes 3 or 4 people, he done it by himself.
Obviously you not going to use it to take down a level 2 dreg, but one it comes to the bosses etc, if I had one I would then equip it when circumstances dictate.

I presume that you have done or attempted the Crota raid or at least heard how tricky it is. That is why I linked a vid showing that a skilled player used it as his weapon of choice to take down Crotas shield with the Gjallarhorn, where normally that takes 3 or 4 people, he done it by himself.
Obviously you not going to use it to take down a level 2 dreg, but one it comes to the bosses etc, if I had one I would then equip it when circumstances dictate.

I jumped into a party late and didnt get passed the lamps. I've also heard that Crota was easy, and I've also heard it was hard. The fact that the guy did it solo doesnt solely depend on him having it, though. I've seen full teams with it that still have trouble. It doesnt mean much though.

Someone can jump into Forza and try a leaderboard car, and not accomplish anything close to being the top. It would be foolish to assume that because the best use it it must be the best and that I'm going to do just as good. That's why I came in here looking for information from people I thought would be more respectful, rather than asking someone on youtube or gamefaqs.

Every answer I have given you whether it is brief or a bit more explanation has said it is the best, going back to your original question, "What is the obsession with Gjallarhorn? Everyone seems to want it, and I'm not exactly sure why." Pound for pound it deals the most damage, out of any weapon in its class and probably the whole game, this is why Xur doesn't seem to want to sell it, as the game will be verging on broken if everyone starts running around with one.
If you still don't believe me, as you seem not to go and ask on gamefaqs etc, I'm sure you will get a similar endorsement of it.

@Terronium-12
image.jpg

Every answer I have given you whether it is brief or a bit more explanation has said it is the best, going back to your original question, "What is the obsession with Gjallarhorn? Everyone seems to want it, and I'm not exactly sure why." Pound for pound it deals the most damage, out of any weapon in its class and probably the whole game, this is why Xur doesn't seem to want to sell it, as the game will be verging on broken if everyone starts running around with one.
If you still don't believe me, as you seem not to go and ask on gamefaqs etc, I'm sure you will get a similar endorsement of it.

Yes, you somehow felt it necessary to get more into detail with it after the initial smartalec comment, and I appreciate that. Just barely you started getting into detail, however when I initially asked
That doesnt really answer anything. Why choose it over another with similar damage?
Thats when you decided to be rude. Yes, you also very briefly described that its like two people shooting at once, and that nothing is like it but didn't really answer what I was wondering and unless that weapon has a max stat of 662 then that statement doesnt make much sense.

It wasnt until after @Awong124 actually answered the question, that I discovered that what you seem to be saying doesnt really seem to be the best answer because I have a weapon that literally sounds exactly like that.

You posted the video, and your brief explanations are coming off as "someone good used it to do this, so its good." Its a rocket, I know it has destructive power, @Awong124 seemed to understand exactly what I was asking though.

Whats more is that I even tried to stop it and make amends for coming off as rude after the initial comment opening the door for us to be more civil and gentlemanly toward each other, but you seem to still want to keep going on with it. I'm not seeing that it was not me who was grumpy, but you. You just seem a bit confrontational.

Still, I have no problem with you as its just a silly misunderstanding. You answered the question, it just wasn't really as detailed as I was hoping, so thanks for taking the time. With all thats said, I think I'll save my exotic spot for something else for now, it just seems really similar to something I have already.

Managed to get Fatebringer last night from a hard VoG raid, it is definitely more useful than the Timepiece I picked up earlier this week. And seeing how much Bungie like to use arc as a modifier on the Nightfall it will come in more than handy.

Managed to get Fatebringer last night from a hard VoG raid, it is definitely more useful than the Timepiece I picked up earlier this week. And seeing how much Bungie like to use arc as a modifier on the Nightfall it will come in more than handy.

What!

I want that so much!

Do you get the new shards/energy from the VoG?

Send some of your luck my way. Thanks.

I don't really know if I consider getting two of the same guns good luck. I guess I shouldn't complain, since legendary gear is rare to get as it is. Too bad they're basically worthless to dismantle.

@Terronium-12 About to venture back on to Destiny for the first time, what should I do first?

EDIT: Anybody want to help me do the DLC missions on Lvl 30?

Last edited:
I think I've just done them all but not on lvl 30. Don't know whether it's be more beneficial to me to have help on the weeklys to be honest.

It's up to you.

I'm currently trying to get the Auto Rifle Husk of the Pit. If you get it, I suggest keeping it all costs, because it can transform into an exotic arc damage auto rifle.

Last edited:
Is there anybody about tonight who fancies helping finishing off Crota with my second character?

I'm on the last check point but struggling to get numbers/people who know what to do.

Ideally someone who's good with the sword!

Is there anybody about tonight who fancies helping finishing off Crota with my second character?

I'm on the last check point but struggling to get numbers/people who know what to do.

Ideally someone who's good with the sword!
i would join you but i haven't finished the raid myself

It's up to you.

I'm currently trying to get the Auto Rifle Husk of the Pit. If you get it, I suggest keeping it all costs, because it can transform into an exotic arc damage auto rifle.
I had actually just picked it up last night unintentionally. It was actually from my first blade of Crota, as soon as I went to patrol the moon.

I'm in the process of killing a bunch of Hive. With one go through of the entire hive fortress I got it to a little above a quarter of the perk bar. Now just Need to get Level three with Eris so I can buy the upgrade material.

I had actually just picked it up last night unintentionally. It was actually from my first blade of Crota, as soon as I went to patrol the moon.

I'm in the process of killing a bunch of Hive. With one go through of the entire hive fortress I got it to a little above a quarter of the perk bar. Now just Need to get Level three with Eris so I can buy the upgrade material.
Lucky. Everyone I know has one now save for me.

All I got were buffed Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice.

Lucky. Everyone I know has one now save for me.

All I got were buffed Pocket Infinity and Super Good Advice.
I have read up about it the day before and went looking for it, but to my luck didnt find anything. Yesterday I didnt even bother trying for it and Just killed the sword carrier because he kept bothering me as I was trying to get a Helium filament. Didnt even know that I got it until I went to the tower to decode some engrams.

Thing that sucks, is that I'm barely level 1 3/4 with Eris, so i wont have that upgrade for some time.

I got the Husk of the Pit yesterday as well. The stats are crap but I didn't get rid of it because it looked pretty cool. I didn't even know what it was at the time and had to look it up. But I don't have The Dark Below, so I guess I'm stuck with it in crappy form until maybe I get the DLC one day. I spent an hour killing hive and maxing out the first stage of experience. It's basically a machine gun with very low damage, and very high ammo storage capacity (~650 rounds).

Okay so after taking that time out of Destiny so much has changed. I've only just found out about the 'old' exotics have to be upgraded with Xur to make them useful compared to the new items.

And then I see that tje Vanguards sell all new gear.

Not to mention all the Dark below bounites and the fact I've yet to touch the new raid.

Ay Chihuahua!

Back