Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Pretty sure the game is by region and you wont be on the same server - the beta codes are anyway
Seriously? That will be bad news. That's what happened with Defiance and I ended up trading the game in specifically because it was region locked. Wasn't able to play with my friend so I traded Defiance in toward Destiny.

Pretty sure Bungie is smarter than that but hopefully you are wrong about the region lock for the beta and sure as heck better not be region lock for the full game. Otherwise that is not going to go well at all.

I guess I will find out within the next couple hours because I plan to play with my friend from Britain tonight.

Seriously? That will be bad news. That's what happened with Defiance and I ended up trading the game in specifically because it was region locked. Wasn't able to play with my friend so I traded Defiance in toward Destiny.

Pretty sure Bungie is smarter than that but hopefully you are wrong about the region lock for the beta and sure as heck better not be region lock for the full game. Otherwise that is not going to go well at all.

I guess I will find out within the next couple hours because I plan to play with my friend from Britain tonight.

I could be totally wrong.. when I got my code I had to select a region, but that could have been for the store. I race people on Grid AS and GT6 in other countries all the time so likely and hopefully I am wrong.. cant find much on the net but one post where someone from Jersey said they played with someone in Scotland..

I could be totally wrong.. when I got my code I had to select a region, but that could have been for the store. I race people on Grid AS and GT6 in other countries all the time so likely and hopefully I am wrong.. cant find much on the net but one post where someone from Jersey said they played with someone in Scotland..
Some games allow you to pick the server you want to run on. Keep in mind Destiny has dedicated servers. For example: World Of tanks allows you to pick the server. So I imagine Destiny will do the same thing. So when I play with my friend from Britain we will probably use the EU server like we do in World of Tanks. Luckily he has a pretty good connection for being in Europe (10mb download / 2 mb upload). So usually it doesn't matter much which server we pick.

As long as we can play together tonight that's all I care about. Bungie is one of the best game developers out there IMO so I just don't see a region lock happening.

I have not seen a way to pick a server, have played the beta a fair amount already.. but if one of you are in the game, you should be able to join each other.

Hope it works.. I have some family in the UK that might get this game too.

Glad to see non-mmo or moba players are becoming those types of players due to this game which doesn't seem so bad, a game I too was hyped for.

I have not seen a way to pick a server, have played the beta a fair amount already.. but if one of you are in the game, you should be able to join each other.

Hope it works.. I have some family in the UK that might get this game too.
I can confirm 100% there is NO region lock. Played with my friend from Britain last night for a few hours. :D
Camaro you wanna do some co op?
I am playing beta on 360. By the time Destiny comes out I will be buying it for the X1.

Played through all the available levels and this game is even better than I imagined. Which is saying a lot because I had high expectations. Its even better than that. It truly is a perfect mix between Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2. With a little bit of Halo in the mix.

The main tower area I will always call the Citadel no matter what. It just feels 100% like being in the ME3 Citadel in a good way. My first visit there I jumped into a bush and started dancing. 5 other members joined in dancing with me. :lol:

The boss battles on the last level were so amazing. Gave me the feeling of battling a Scarab from Halo 3 all over again. Truly loving this game and its only the beta. Going to be an amazing PAID week off with my brother when this launches in September. :cheers: Which reminds me. I need to transfer over my 360 pre order to the X1 pre-order instead. I will have the x1 by the time this launches in September. I will also say that Destiny is for sure what Defiance attempted to but failed at miserably. Destiny nailed it.

Last edited:
Wait so how do you get codes from bungle.net? Unless someone had an extra American PS3 code I can have.

I have a PS3 code. PM me if you want it. Anyone else that want a PS3 code? Send PM. First come, first serve ordeal.

Edit: Code has been claimed

Last edited:
I tried the coop mode yesterday, and joined in a Strike mission. This was a really hard time, but worth the pain and finally very fun. My Warlock went from level 5 to level 8 just with this mission, and I got 2 or 3 weapons far better than those I was using then. I think this mode will be very useful to grind experience and a few items in the future game. :)

On the other hand, I tried the PvP mode and the only thing I can say is: WTF? No interest at all. If you have a big gun and armor you win, otherwise you are just like a turkey waiting to be shot and spend your time respawning and running back to the combat zone. Frustrating and absolutely uninteresting IMO. Just exactly what I hate in usual online PvP like CoD or Battlefield: kill, be killed, respawn, run back to the zone, kill, be killed, respawn, run back to... :irked:

I have not played the vs mp in Destiny yet. So far my main focus has been the co-op modes which I am truly enjoying. I went to gamestop last night and traded in most of my PS3 games and a few 360 games. In fact I think I only have 2 PS3 games left. GT6 and Killzone 3. I also transferred my 360 pre-order of Destiny to the X1 pre order of Destiny. Probably trade in the PS3 in the next few weeks along with GT6 and KZ3.

On PS3 I have enjoyed the co-op mode more as well, but if you get a chance to try the Iron Banner PVP mode (i think that is it) it has fun toys like turrets, tanks, etc that are good fun.

My PS4 arrived last night, destiny beta is downloading on it now. Won't give up my ps3 though.. still have desire to play Grid Autosport, GT6, and the free PS+ games that come each month. Not much I want to play on PS4 yet but have a $100 gift card to dell that came with the ps4 so might use that for a few games.

On PS3 I have enjoyed the co-op mode more as well, but if you get a chance to try the Iron Banner PVP mode (i think that is it) it has fun toys like turrets, tanks, etc that are good fun.

My PS4 arrived last night, destiny beta is downloading on it now. Won't give up my ps3 though.. still have desire to play Grid Autosport, GT6, and the free PS+ games that come each month. Not much I want to play on PS4 yet but have a $100 gift card to dell that came with the ps4 so might use that for a few games.
That Iron Banner mode does sound fun. I like playing vs mp games with vehicles. So if that has turrets, tanks, etc then that's what I am looking for. I will check it out over the weekend for sure since the beta ends in a few days.

Congrats on the PS4. Looks like you are going to have a blast this weekend.

On the other hand, I tried the PvP mode and the only thing I can say is: WTF? No interest at all. If you have a big gun and armor you win, otherwise you are just like a turkey waiting to be shot and spend your time respawning and running back to the combat zone. Frustrating and absolutely uninteresting IMO. Just exactly what I hate in usual online PvP like CoD or Battlefield: kill, be killed, respawn, run back to the zone, kill, be killed, respawn, run back to... :irked:
Unless you were playing Iron Banner, attack and defence stats don't matter at all.

Unless you were playing Iron Banner, attack and defence stats don't matter at all.
I tried both (Iron Banner) and "normal" mode... Just boring. Run to the CZ, kill, get killed, respawn, run to the CZ, kill, get killed, respawn, run...
I will stay away from this in the final version.

I downloaded it the beta but now the Destiny home screen is telling me to free up storage space before I can proceed into the game.

But I know that I have more than 37 gigs of free space on my HDD.

This is such a bummer, i really wanted to play a bit of Destiny.

Last edited:
Well, I've been having a blast getting to lvl 8 and then grinding my stats to get them upgraded. Got some nice armour and weapons too. Just trying out the bounties. It's a fun game.

Really, the Beta is closed now? Damned, I wanted to try the 3rd class (Titan)...

Anyway, I curse the guy in the games store who gave me the registration code for Bungie's website. Because of him, I have pre-ordered the "Glacier White PS4 + Destiny Vanguard Edition" pack... :banghead: :D

I played this on the 360 but pre-ordered the X1 version. Truly loved this beta. The co-op modes and story reminded me so much of ME3 and Borderlands 2. The "Tower" which I will always call the Citadel reminded me 100% of the Citadel from ME3. Same exact euphoria. The co-op modes really were a lot of fun. Level 6 on the hard difficulty truly ended up being about an hour battle. Both boss battles were very challenging that level on hard.

The special event on Saturday was well worth the wait. Got some great gear and the level was beautiful.

I also had a chance to check out the multiplayer. The multiplayer reminded me 100% of Halo multiplayer in a good way. I did not care much for Shores Of Time. Too small and close quarters for me and too much camping. First light was a lot of fun with vehicles, much larger map, and its more my style of gameplay.

Really looking forward to the week off PAID when this comes out. My brother will be over for the entire week and its going to be a blast. I see this game consuming many weeks and months of my time for sure. Excellent job Bungie, excellent job. 👍

Last edited:
I loved all the maps apart from the one with vehicles. :lol: Shores of Time was my favourite, followed by the ones on Mars and Earth.

I have always played Big Team Battle in the Halo series and I play a lot of BF3. So large maps with vehicles and lots of chaos have ALWAYS been my first choice for online mp gaming. Without vehicles I usually get bored very fast. I just love the unpredictable and intense games when vehicles are involved. I was hoping to play the mode with more vehicles but it wasn't unlocked in the beta. I think it was called "Iron Banner" or something like that. It wasn't available on the 360 beta.

I don't think I played the Mars or Earth map. Must have missed them somehow.

I also didn't see a way to customize the appearance of the character once past the first menu. Maybe that will come later in the full game.

Really, the Beta is closed now? Damned, I wanted to try the 3rd class (Titan)...

Anyway, I curse the guy in the games store who gave me the registration code for Bungie's website. Because of him, I have pre-ordered the "Glacier White PS4 + Destiny Vanguard Edition" pack... :banghead: :D
That's awesome. I pre-ordered that awhile back. Can't wait for September 9.:cheers:

Back