Dfp? G25?

• Thread starter JPBPoway
  • 127 comments
try to download GTHD from the japanese store, like I did this morning( I´m the guy from GTRP).
I have fully 900° with FF on my DFP without change any settings in the options, and for god´s sake, it rock´s :dopey:

try to download GTHD from the japanese store, like I did this morning( I´m the guy from GTRP).
I have fully 900° with FF on my DFP without change any settings in the options, and for god´s sake, it rock´s :dopey:

WHOAH....are you absolutely SURE about this????

If this is true, why haven't they changed version number from 1.1 to 1.2? Surely by it being the same number , most people will not notice the re-inclusion of FFB support, right?

Are you Serious?

What are the steps to get the Japanese version you got?

when did you do that?

i mean is it the last coulpe of days ..? or at the first day the game were availble (december 24th)?

:confused:

Are you sure about that? Because some one on this board i knw ("redline" D/L the Japanese Demo and he has no force feedback) But he has the G25 so maybe that can be a factor :confused:. I have THE DFP and this demo so... havent tried it D/L yet and are you positive on this?

when did you do that?

i mean is it the last coulpe of days ..? or at the first day the game were availble (december 24th)?
He downloaded it December 31st as he wrote "...like I did this morning...". And no, it doesn't have anything to do with G25/DFP etc.

The only thing I'm asking you, if you could create a Japanese online account and download the game again to test this out to make sure, this version is still on the servers and it does support FF again (like the very first version which had FF support). Thanks.

Just D/L the japan Demo and i have no force feed back and no special option to turn it on or off (v1.1 BTW)
OK, thanks a lot for trying & reporting. For now, the only possiblity I see that would explain the whole thing is, that force feedback is only disabled while playing on a US-PS3 - but works perfectly well playing on a Japanese-PS3. (The game "Resistance" has a similar behavior where the same game copy shows blood on a US-PS3 but not on a Japanese-PS3.) Dunno if that makes sense at all, just trying to explain this strange behavior.

They have to pay immersion if not there will be not FF for GTHD or GT5 ... 6, 7

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6108298.html

sony was anticipating this result - that is why they came out with the sixaxis without rumble, would be expensive after the release to stop production of rumble sixaxis and replacing them with rumble less sixaxis

... I would say damn sony & immersion :grumpy: 👎

Hold on, hold on... Since when was a motor with a piece of metal on it (rumble) related to a steering wheel's ability to "force feedback"? Is that under Immersion's name too?

I think license to use code is not very expensive.
Take Live for Speed for instance. LFS is cheap game that you can only buy form online ,but it has full support for g25. So i dont think LFSs developers have bought licenses costing millions.

ok, I got my PS3 on 30.12.06 and I downloaded the US Version first which still is the first Version released on 24.12.06 without FF.
Sunday morning 31.12.06 I created my Japanese account(not HongKong or any other country) which is 1.1 released on 26.12.06,
started the game and now I have FF without changing any settings. That is to 100% sure. I also got the 4 Options in the Wheel Menu like other´s in 1.0 from the first release.

I really was pissed off with the news that there is no FF with the updated Version cause I got my PS3 one week later then the GTHD release, but now I´m more than happy ever in my life.

I used this 101 for my japanese account
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Edit: I have a japanese PS3

I think license to use code is not very expensive.
Take Live for Speed for instance. LFS is cheap game that you can only buy form online ,but it has full support for g25. So i dont think LFSs developers have bought licenses costing millions.

For a developer the license wouldnt cost millions and may involve a cut from each software unit sold.
For a hardware manufacurer like Sony it would be much more expensive, though probably would also be based on units sold.

But it definateley costs millions, when you dont bother to get licensing and then immersion decide to sue!!
Now immersion have taken on the big boys, software developers who in the past werent obtaining a license will probably get away with it, because the net worth would be small in comparison to taking on the likes of Sony and Microsoft. But who knows its immersions choice to sue whoever they feel is breaching their patented systems.
As for live4speed i dont know if they have the license. any one got a copy of their licensing agreements?

LA Fontaine are you saying that the software V1.1 is detecting which machine you have and showing a different User interface for using the wheel?

I.e with a U.S machine downloading japan v1.1 it shows one menu
or download v 1.1 with a japanese machine it shows another, can u post a picture of this menu?

LA Fontaine are you saying that the software V1.1 is detecting which machine you have and showing a different User interface for using the wheel?

nah, all I wanted to say is i got a japanese PS3(20GB) with the japanese GTHD 1.16 see info below, don&#180;t know if there&#180;s any connection between Software <-> Hardware.

I.e with a U.S machine downloading japan v1.1 it shows one menu
or download v 1.1 with a japanese machine it shows another, can u post a picture of this menu?

can&#180;t tell you that either with my knowledge atm, reffering to another GTRP Member who loaded all Versions of GTHD and has no FF at all

here a picture from my japanese Version:

this is a picture from the US Version, thx to Hodri:

just found something interesting in the mainscreen, click this option:

and you get this screen with a info bout the Version you have:

would be nice if others could check this aswell and see what they got.

@lafontaine: Thanks for the info - It seems that PD is updating the demo several times a week 💡
And interestingly, since you have a Japanese machine, there's the O-button displayed in the top right corner, where pol37 did have an X-button displayed (U.S. PS3 with Japanese v.1.1 demo). So there's proof, that the Japanese demo behaves differently on Japanese/US consoles.

I've just got my copy of Formula 1 CE from Japan. Since the F1 demo from the PlayStation store didn't support my DFP at all (couldn't accelerate/brake with the pedals etc.), I was curious if the full game will support it. Well, it does, but not very well. The wheel only supports the 180&#176; mode, but not the 900&#176; mode. The rumble feature (e.g. when you drive over the curbs) is completely missing, and there's also no real force feedback. Only some sort of resistance which you have as soon, as you plug in the power cord. At least, this resistance does not disappear like in GTHD when you play in 900&#176; mode. I think it is exactly the same, like when you play in 180&#176; mode in GTHD. Well, the 900&#176; mode is not really required for an F1 game, but the missing rumble and force feedback, argh.

Don't know if F1 is now the first victim of the Immersion lawsuit, but it seems to be (I always thought, it only affects hardware and not software), and it sucks!

Edit: I have a Japanese PS3.

Lafontaine, good to see someone out there is able to feel GTHD the way it should be for all!!

Heres hoping Sony sort themselves out so we can all enjoy GT properly!👍

Edit: Hodri, it appears that F1 is a victim of legal the legal battle, it makes no sense to make use of the wheel but not use its feedback features if it were not.
Guessing if lafonatine with his japenese PS3 is able to get feedback, that the licensing issue is not a problem for Sony in that region??
It will be interesting to see if a developer other than a Sony Backed one, will make use of the wheel and feedback!

I can confirm, that force feedback still works in the Japanese v.1.16 on my Japanese PS3. A friend of mine also tested it on his Japanese PS3 with the same result. So to summarize my and others results so far:

GTHD --- Japanese-PS3 -- US-PS3
Japanese v1.0 --- YES ----- ???
Japanese v1.16 -- YES ----- NO
US v1.0 ---- NO ------ NO

...jepp, I can confirm that - I downloaded the Japanese. version (1.16) ... and it does not work on a U.S. ps3 (no FF at all)

...mine is from suzhou, china and is manufactured in october - I would like to know from some1 which has a Japanese. version with FF where the ps3 is from?

@2JZFAN ...not true, this is not covered - nobody said where the ps3 is from ... so far

...mine is from suzhou, china and is manufactured in october - I would like to know from some1 which has a Japanese. version with FF where the ps3 is from?

@2JZFAN ...not true, this is not covered - nobody said where the ps3 is from ... so far
It doesn't matter in which country it was manufactured, it only matters where it is sold, and what sticker is on its bottom side (NTSC J / NTSC US / PAL).

actually all those who reported were on US machines unless otherwise mentioned.. so yes it was covered. :dunce:

@ jordan NTSC U.S.
@ 2JZFAN - give me a link to the post where somebody mentioned that he played with FF on an NTSC U.S. ps3 :dunce:

actually all those who reported were on US machines unless otherwise mentioned.. so yes it was covered. :dunce:
You seem to live in a constant state of denial....anyway, more fuel for the fire:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156211

"Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no
supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP
the following:
All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't
have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the
wheels won't be recognized.
"​
I really hope that this is all a joke, or if true, will change in the near future. Otherwise, I see no use whatsoever for my PS3, and I will certainly attempt to sell it as the opportunity presents itself.

"Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no
supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP
the following:
All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't
have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the
wheels won't be recognized.
"​

I don't know who at Sony said this but it is wrong!
Need for speed carbon on the PS3 does have FF, this is first person, not I heard it somewhere, I have the game & a DFP.

From 1up.com:

"A NeoGAF post pointing to a GT Planet post raised our eyebrows at the possibility that Force Feedback (an Immersion-patented tech [the rumble guys, remember]) would not function on Sony's PS3. Force feedback response control is a big deal to racing fans and fans of Sony's Gran Turismo series are likely jonesing for the fifth installment of the game with a slick FF wheel.
Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP the following:

All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the wheels won't be recognized.
No word this time on whether there will be a racing wheel that supports "leaning technology" where the SIXAXIS motion-control functionality can be integrated into a wheel. We're joking, but it's through tears."

There we have the most arrogant BS coming from Sony once again.

The reason they dont have it is because they dont want to pay up, and they dont belive they need it, they have lost touch with what gaming is about!!

EDIT::The MOOSE. This Just Prove that Sony talk bull. EA paid for the license!!!!

GT is one of the Premier titles thats PS exclusive, to not be able to have force feedback with a wheel will detract from its overall appeal, it seems it may look nice and have loads of content, but it will be just an average ok play for the driving game enthusiast.

Taking away an element that was really brought to the forefront in the last gen, and added emmensley to one of PS2 major selling brands,which helped sell its system could well be one of the biggest mistakes SONY ever makes.

Sony has relied on the GT series again to instill interest in the PS3, but it has been recieved poorly by the gaming press, saying yeah it looks good, but whats new,now with feedback missing,which you would expect from every driving sim now to include, even on the PS2 i think GT,PD and Sony will take a hammering.
I wonder how Kazanuri Yamauchi feels about this, Gran Turismo for him has been about delivering a driving game as close to real life as possible,now he has the technology in PS3 in his hands, but the consumer will not be able to trully feel the simulation part of the game he delivers!
I read an interview with Hideo Kojima who was immensely dissapointed that rumble was not available, he believes it was integral to the enjoyment of the MGS series, and even though he stated he will try to push the Sixaxis elements, it will never replace the loss of rumble.

I can Sense Microsoft and turn 10 to be wryly smiling among themselves over this.:sly:
Wheres the next gen immersion????:) pardon the pun!

If Forza2 delivers a polished superb product and makes good use of its feedback wheel to go along with its already great online capability, i feel GT may well lose its crown!

IMHO Sony have Dropped the Ball and totally lost he plot, theyve been far to worried about getting the Multimedia home entertainment stuff into PS3 to tie up sales for their back catologues, relying on the Gaming brand to sell the system, But after all the PS fanboys have their system, whats gonna sell it to others?? Blue Ray? Graphics alone arent going to this time!

I already started to look at Forza 2 and the new 360 wheel - and I am a GT fan since day one. It would truly disappoint me if Sony does not understand the inpact of their own behavior. I was always a big Sony enthusiast because of the quality of their games for the playstation system and I see a decline in handling the game aspect. I can care less on which system the good games and support are, I will switch to xbox; no problem, if I feel that Sony does not care about the consumer. FF is a big deal for all racing games. And I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way.

Good post GTXLR.

I bought g25 already. So if there is not G25 support for nextgen GTs ,i will stick with PC-gaming for now(forza?).

Back