Dfp? G25?

• Thread starter JPBPoway
  • 127 comments
I bought yesterday a xbox 360 ... that is the noise I am making, and if Sony does not resolve the FF issue in the GT series Forza 2 will be the next big game for me ... If Sony doesn't deliver, I am looking for alternatives ... besides that, would there be a justification to take legal actions against Sony, for not defining what will be supported with their new PS3 console? 80% of the reason I bought it was for GT:HD & GT5 - I'm 100% sure that I would not have bought it if I could have foreseen this situation ... I am with you GTXLR - lets make some noise 🤬

I bought yesterday a xbox 360 ... that is the noise I am making, and if Sony does not resolve the FF issue in the GT series Forza 2 will be the next big game for me ... If Sony doesn't deliver, I am looking for alternatives ... besides that, would there be a justification to take legal actions against Sony, for not defining what will be supported with their new PS3 console? 80% of the reason I bought it was for GT:HD & GT5 - I'm 100% sure that I would not have bought it if I could have foreseen this situation ... I am with you GTXLR - lets make some noise 🤬
Do you have a PS3 already? If so, call SOny and tell them your grief and demand a refund because this announcement was made post-launch. Keep asking to speak to their superior and just generally don't lay back until someone can either help you, or give you contact information to allow you to talk to someone who can help.

But, be polite. Being rude and obnoxious will get you nowhere.

For anyone whos still interested.

Source: Patent Arcade

Case Update: Immersion v. Sony Oral Argument
Posted by Ross Dannenberg (Gamertag: Aviator) on Tuesday, January 09, 2007.

The Federal Circuit heard oral arguments yesterday in the Immersion v. Sony appeal. As previously reported, the sole issue on appeal is Sony's allegation of misconduct by Immersion.

Sony's arguments at the hearing attempt to highlight its position that the errors of fact regarding a preexisting licensing agreement and prior art document "could have" changed the outcome of the trial had the errors been corrected, and Sony should thus be entitled to a new trial. Sony argued that it was never afforded a chance to determine whether the error was significant or not, because it never knew about a piece of "hidden" prior art. The court questioned the impact of any error on the ability of Sony to litigate the case fairly, and appears hesitant to second-guess the district court judge who witnessed the entire trial and made a judgment call based on information gathered over the course of time during the litigation.

Immersion countered that any error was immaterial and insignificant, implying that such error should not warrant a new trial. Immersion's counsel also pointed out how little significance the "hidden" prior art document played during trial (e.g., zero references to it by Sony's primary invalidity expert, zero references to it by Sony in closing arguments, etc.). The court questioned the basis for such a conclusion, because how could the hidden piece of prior art play a prominent role at trial when Sony didn't know about it?

While I personally found Sony's arguments to verge on a last ditch effort of a 5 year old whining to a parent "it's not fair," and Immersion's counsel came across a little overconfident (perhaps better prepared?), you never know how the court will rule.

It will likely be months before the court hands down its decision.

...that are so pretty bad new I guess ... GTHD force feedback bye, bye ... I'm looking foreward to Forza 2 and GTR on the 360

so you're calling all those people liars? you think they're trying to fool everyone? who are you trying to kid..? What happened to Sony in court does not effect Polyphony from including FF support in their games or 3rd party hardware manufacturers from licensing and utilizing FF in their hardware which is the case here. The G25 supports FF and will work with any game that supports FF. It's that simple. Now if Sony wanted to make a wheel then they could not include FF in it similar to how they cannot make controllers with rumble.. now if a logitech wanted to, they could. understand how it works now? :dunce:

OOOPS! Sorry, I answered the wrong quote. But there is no FF in GTHD and NO settings to get it...

Well, so far I have been searching this very issue for about a week. Since my PS2 is starting to die, I thought it might be cool to have a DVD player good enough for the TV "and guess what honey, it's a game console also" could have been the selling argument. But knowing that we get NO FFB on a PS3, forget that idea.
Sony is trying to win the war with Blue Ray, knowing it is a seperate division, ddoes that division understand how this kind of thing can make them loose out to HD DVD?

Sony had a great thing going, I guess I'll have to spend some BIG $$$ on a gaming PC and totally blow off SONY!

But knowing that we get NO FFB on a PS3, forget that idea.
I have no idea where you've pulled that from (other than the posts of this thread that are more than a year old), it's ancient information that there isn't FFB on the PS3. It was fixed in spring 2007 when Sony and Immersion reached an agreement about using the technology. Both GTHD and GT5P Demo had FFB, as does the full GT5P. And it's much better feedback than what we get on the PS2.

But knowing that we get NO FFB on a PS3, forget that idea.
The DFP and G25 wheels have feedback and while the current Sixaxis controller has no rumble the Dual Shock 3 is already out in Japan and coming to other regions soon. Many games have already updated to support it.

Sony is trying to win the war with Blue Ray, knowing it is a seperate division, ddoes that division understand how this kind of thing can make them loose out to HD DVD?
Um, huh? Lose out to HD-DVD? HD-DVD has all but been read the Last Rites. And the number one reason given for Blu-Ray's success in many regions: the PS3. Synergy is a common thing used in large companies and it appears to be working here.

Sony had has a great thing going,
Fixed that for ya.

Back