Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GilesGuthrie, Mar 30, 2006.

1. deba94

Canada Ontario
    PSN:Abread

That's an S320 CDI (V6 bi-turbo diesel!) with an S63 bumper/diffuser and exhaust conversion (sort of a common procedure)...

Did you get to see/hear it run? Those tail pipes look smokey :yuck:

Another example:
  2. Rue

Rue
    Premium
    Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. MarcoM

Netherlands The Netherlands
    PSN:MarcoM1972

Old skool Sierra Cosworth down my street:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Rue

Rue
    Premium
    Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR

Wow, they still exist! Most of them ended up wrapped around lamp posts or in the front of electrical stores.
  5. Madertus

PSN:Victrimos

6. jeffgoddin

Premium
    Ecuador Cleveland, OH

Reorganized my spotting photo collection recently. Was all in separate folders by date. Now all in one folder with a naming system (make, model, trim, generation, color, license plate, notes). Learned a lot while researching models, and saved 3GB on my hard drive by whittling it down to just 500 jpg's.

Also noticed I don't have nearly enough shots of some things. Pre-B8 generation S4's, E36 M3's, M5's in general, a Z4 M, stuff like that.

So, was wondering if anybody was interested in doing a quick page here of not recent spots, but 3-5 of your favorite photos from any time in the past few years, even if you've already posted them here. Anybody else interested in this idea?

From today, a few unexpected spots:

GT3 I do believe:
    [​IMG]

how NISMO is this G?
    [​IMG]

Boss 302, employee car at a dealership, looking for cargo vans today
    [​IMG]

and finally an S6, don't see many of these
    [​IMG]
  7. The Vanishing Boy

Premium
    Philippines Las Vegas, NV
    PSN:GTP_VanishingBoy

Question -> ...
    ^ Are those tailights stock? I love '80s nostalgia, just curious! :)

^ Thats an even rarer S8, just looking out for you buddy:

Euro spec
    [​IMG]

US spec
    [​IMG]

;)
  8. Rue

Rue
    Premium
    Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR

The Cossie tail lights are definitely stock.
  9. Gotbeefboy564

United States Grandville Mi
    PSN:Gotbeefboy564

Sry no pic cause I was driving downtown I saw a grey bentley continental GT pass by me
  10. jeffgoddin

Premium
    Ecuador Cleveland, OH

...by the taillights, so it is! Thanks! But, the two pics you have seem to be pre- and post-facelift rather than US vs. EURO spec.
  11. The Vanishing Boy

Premium
    Philippines Las Vegas, NV
    PSN:GTP_VanishingBoy

^ :ouch:

-> Those are the only pics I could find within my 5-min-per-post time limit. :indiff:
  12. astrosdude91

United States Houston, TX
    PSN:astrosdude91

All time best/favorite spots? Let's see...

DB7 Zagato:
    [​IMG]

R32 GT-R:
    [​IMG]

A couple of Ferrari Challenge Cars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

F430 Scuderia 16M in a rare color:
    [​IMG]

Ferrari F50:
    [​IMG]

Ferrari F40:
    [​IMG]

So maybe that's a bit more than 3-5. And I'm know I have a bunch more I could throw up here. :D
  13. Rue

Rue
    Premium
    Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR

That F355 Challenge is amazing, as are the others!

Good idea, Jeff! Pretty hard to choose just five, but I'll have a go. I actually have a set on Flickr with my personal fave spots in HK here

[​IMG]
    Ferrari F40 (Ex-Sultan of Brunei) by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

1 of 2 factory RHD Spyders in blue...

[​IMG]
    Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder 'BB 50' by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

Same as Chris Evans' Cali. once the world's most expensive car at auction...

[​IMG]
    Ferrari 250 GT California by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

Buy 1 get 1 free...

[​IMG]
    Pagani Zonda F Clubsport / Gumpert Apollo by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

Rod Stewart's Miura SV. Need I say more...?

[​IMG]
    Lamborghini Miura SV 'Ex-Rod Stewart Car' by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

Can I have six?

[​IMG]
    McLaren F1 by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  14. Brett

Premium
    United States Oklahoma

The white Ferrari F40 with mostly black wheels and the red interior is just awesome. The others are very cool too, but the F40 takes the cake.

And definitely a good idea Jeff!
  15. jeffgoddin

Premium
    Ecuador Cleveland, OH

That's what I'm talking about! Those cars make happy...:dopey:

I'll go for six then, too. Can't really follow you two, but I liked these cars. Looking through my pics, there were another dozen I considered...

Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0, one of 600, doing 100mph about 2 seconds after this photo was taken
    [​IMG]

300SL roadster, I remember the nice sound of its engine, great in the wild surprise
    [​IMG]

no, not the most awesome car, but beautiful and pretty good and uncommon, and I like this photo, and remembering being, again, surprised to find this in the middle of nowhere. Saleen S281 SC Mustang
    [​IMG]

Dodge Viper ACR '10ish, first Viper I'd caught sitting still with nobody around to mind me checking it out, only the 2nd I'd seen
    [​IMG]

Cord 812. I am reliably informed by Cano that this is an incredibly rare and awesome car. Probably used in the Avengers movie as it was filming in Cleveland, keep an eye out for it.
    [​IMG]

Auburn Boattail SC, unfortunately I didn't walk out into the street to take a picture of the awesome exhaust pipes coming out the other side...
    [​IMG]
  16. Rue

Rue
    Premium
    Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR

Er, yes! We've really missed your photos.
  17. the_stig_1

Australia In A Pond
    PSN:arztenhofer

Aren't those just tailights from the facelift?
  18. Stiggy

Australia New South Wales
    PSN:thestig-13

It's been quite a while since I've done any spotting, but I couldn't resist posting some of my favourite spots:

Maserati Shamal (one of about 300-400)
    [​IMG]

Ferrari 360 Spider - not extremely rare, however it's extremely rare that a Ferrari (let alone any other performance car without a Ford or Holden badge) is ever seen in my hometown.
    [​IMG]

Saving the best 'till last, an Ascari Ecosse, one of only 17 made. I'd posted originally in this thread in 2009 stating that I'd seen this car, but had no picture - surprised my post didn't end up in the ludicrous claims thread. Finally in 2010, I'd had my camera with me when I'd spotted it.
    [​IMG]
  19. jeffgoddin

Premium
    Ecuador Cleveland, OH

@exigeracer, great shots. Love the texture/composition on every one. By memory, the clean white GT3 pops out of its gritty landscape of pipes and concrete, the Superamerica likewise from the drab dull browns and tans of an ordinary modern city streetscape, coming to life in vibrant red, almost seems like a studio shot. Elise in sharp focus offcenter in the frame with all else blurry pulls the viewer into the car to experience the refreshing zip it can offer. Audi R8, gotta think the shadows at the sides caused by some obstruction to the lens were deliberate. The grey tones, the shaded sides, the dusky setting all give this car an air of mysterious power. The unexpected setting of the ITR, bright yellow gleaming in a neglectful homeowner's overgrown drive.
  20. NISM0_SKYLINE

United States Pinckney, MI
    PSN:NISMO_S13

Alright, I think these 5 are up there on my list.

When I finally found the Veyron out of it's garage was one of the best car spotting moments in my car spotting life.

[​IMG]

512 M in Carmel

[​IMG]

My not be everyone's taste, but I love this car. I love this shot. I love everything about it.

[​IMG]

When in London I found two Zagato DB7s, but this had the T600 with it :drool:.

[​IMG]

And I can't leave out something from the Home Depot. I've seen some wild cars there, but none come close to the Fisker Karma.

[​IMG]
  21. Madertus

PSN:Victrimos

(SORRY ABOUT LONG POST)

My most recent spots:

Honda NSX, so damn rare here in Poland:
    [​IMG]

C 63 AMG Coupe:
    [​IMG]

Audi RS4 Saloon :drool: :
    [​IMG]

S63 AMG:
    [​IMG]

And here is my best since quite a few days - BMW 1M. I thought I'll never get to see one of those:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite spots...

By far, this is my best picture:
    [​IMG]

...or this is the one (? ._. ?):
    [​IMG]

This is very nice, makes me feel good, knowing that there still are old cars taken good care of:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  22. poolhaas

Premium
    Belgium Limburg
    PSN:poolhaas / GTP_poolhaas

Here's a few of my favourite spots, quality isn't great but it's about the cars :)

[​IMG]
    360 Challenge Stradale
    [​IMG]
    Gallardo
    [​IMG]
    911 Targa 4S
    [​IMG]
    Wiesmann Roadster
    [​IMG]
    Green R8
    [​IMG]
  23. NISM0_SKYLINE

United States Pinckney, MI
    PSN:NISMO_S13

Here's some real spots from me over the weekend.

Black M5

[​IMG]

STi. The girl is the driver for the rally team I was with, and the guy to the left is the co driver.

[​IMG]

AMG

[​IMG]

1 of 3 GT500s

[​IMG]

Slantnose.....It was only 5 grand though.

[​IMG]

911 Turbo

[​IMG]

The car that won the rally we were at.

[​IMG]
  24. xXKingJoshXx

Premium
    United States Indy
    PSN:xXKingJoshXx

There is an IndyCar in the Indianapolis Sams Club.

[​IMG]

Its there for the tires, and continuing on the theme of tires, just seen some huge ones.

[​IMG]

Not a car, i know, but still.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  25. ilikewaffles11

Premium
    United States Pennsylvania
    PSN:Ilikewaffles_11

That picture of the Indy car made my iPod shut off for some reason. But that is a huge ass tire.
  26. gt5fanatec

United States Maryland
    PSN:ask, and i will tell

Mine too.
  27. xXKingJoshXx

Premium
    United States Indy
    PSN:xXKingJoshXx

Oh, sorry. There were 3 or 4 of them tires.
  28. Alright then! From this afternoon:

[​IMG]

And another Fisker creation, the Karma. I really didn't think they were considering selling these up here (also been seeing Teslas, but they've been flogging those in town for a while). This car has probably the best proportions, which I managed to not capture any of, of any car since 1980. It sits, neigh perches, perfectly.

[​IMG]

Thanks. :tup: I appreciate it!
  29. CMvan46

Canada Vancouver, BC

[​IMG]

Never actually seen one in the wild before. Nice looking car.
Next Page »