• Thread starter XS
  • 24 comments

XS

Lurker
Premium
United States
Colorado
Background-Pagani-Huayra-Desktop.jpg

No history tidbit this month as I'm sure almost everybody knows how this car came to be. Well, actually, one interesting tidbit is that Horacio Pagani said the reason there were so many Zonda special models was to improve the development of the Huayra! He wanted to make sure the tech and development of the Huayra was as best as humanly possible, so along the way he tested new parts and ideas on the new Zonda models. His intention was not to drag out the production of the Zonda as long as possible, but to make sure the Huayra was as close to perfect as possible, and this in turn created some insanely good Zondas too. The Zonda R would not have been possible without the Huayra, and likewise the Huayra would not have been possible without the Zonda R.
Anyway, since the car nominated is the 2013 model, that's what we'll focus on. However, if you have a good 2011 tune feel free to post it. Best of luck!

-PAGANI HUAYRA '13

- BUYING PARTS AND FINAL ADJUSTMENTS.:cheers::gtpflag:
-
- TUNING & MAINTENANCE

. Aero Kits ( Type B)

. Rear Wing (standard)

. Wheels (QZ QARANTA)

. Paint wheels (CHROME GT6 012)

. Tires (racing:soft)

. Suspension Kit

. Brake Kits

. Transmission (fully customizable dog-clutch transmission)

. Triple-plate clutch kit

. fully customizable mechanical limited slip defferential )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- PERFORMANCE POINTS .............................. 650 PP

- MAX. POWER ............................................ 907 HP

- MAX. TORQUE ........................................... 984 ft_lb

- WEIGHT ................................................... 1,304 Kg

- POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO ........................ 1.43 Kg/HP

- Front / Rear Weight Distribution ................ 51 : 49

- DRIVETRAIN ............................................. MR

- NOTE : CUSTOM REAR WNG [ WING - mount F (standard)]

[ WING - E (large )]

[ WINGGETS - F (large)]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SUSPENSION Brake Discs & Calipers

. 75 (F) Ride Height (R) 90 7 (F) / (R) 6

. 6,05 (F) Spring Rate (R) 10,20

. 3 (F) Dampers (comp:) (R) 2

. 6 (F) Dampers ) ( Ext :) (R) 4

. 5 (F) Anti-Roll Bars (R) 4

- CAMBER ANGLE (-)

. 1,7 (F) / (R) 0,9

- TOE ANGLE

.+0,34 (F) / (R) +0,30

- TRANSMISSION

. Max.Speed (Aut set ) = 400 Km/h

. Final Gear = 3,350

. 1ª 3,293

. 2ª 2,317

. 3ª 1,788

. 4ª 1,436

. 5ª 1,154

. 6ª 0,924

. 7ª 0,712

- LSD

. 00 / 08

. 00 / 09

. 00 / 07

- Power limiter = 93,1 %

. Ballast Weight = Kg

. Ballast position = -50 %

- WING SIZE

. HEIGHT = +03

. WIDTH = + 09

N_rburgring_Nordschleife_2.jpg

NOTE:NOTE: TESTED AT 6:21 Nurburgring Nordschleife ... CAN IMPROVE. LIKE IT WAS NO TEST CIRCUIT mount panorama 1:54 .... THIS CAR NOT ALLOW ERROR:cheers:

Last edited:
13955229159_50b2e01ecb_c.jpg

Pagani Huayra '13 - 1,350,000

Oil Change - 250
Improve Body Rigidity - 25,000
Tires: Sports Soft - 10,000
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension - 20,000
Racing Brakes - 10,000
Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission - 20,000
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit - 3,500
Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential - 7,500
Sports Computer - 2,000
Sports Exhaust - 1,500
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - 3,500
Weight Reduction: Stage 1 - 5,000

Total Investment - 1,458,250

PP: 650
851 HP @ 5800 RPM
904 LB-FT @ 2700 RPM
1228 KG
1.44 KG/HP
Weight Distribution: 45/55

Quick Tune Settings (v4.2):

Suspension Level: 4
Corner Entry Balance: 0
Corner Exit Balance: -3
Base Camber Angle: 0.0
LSD Strength: 1
Spread: 64.3%
Scale: 100.0%

Ride Height: 53/ 62
Spring Rate: 11.44 / 14.59
Dampers (Compression): 8 / 8
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 9
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 / 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.05 / 0.78
Brake Balance: 6 / 4

Transmission Instructions:

Set Final Gear to 4.455
Set Max Speed to 162 MPH (260 KPH)

1st Gear: 2.872
2nd Gear: 2.075
3rd Gear: 1.643
4th Gear: 1.356
5th Gear: 1.151
6th Gear: 1.000
7th Gear: 0.886
Final Gear: 2.440

Initial Torque: - / 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: - / 15
Braking Sensitivity: - / 11

Power Limiter: 99.3%
Ballast: None

ABS 1, all other aids off.

@oppositelock

Firstly, this is new territory for me. My anniversary edition was gathering dust without having seen the light of day and most of my time on GT6 has been spent with street cars in the 450 - 500pp range. I have a bit of a phobia about high powered mid-engine cars which conjure up images of spinning out of control even when driving in a straight line.

With no benchmark to make comparisons there didn't seem any point in running hot laps so I entered the Dream Car Championship against a bunch of race cars. Initial impression was how tight and stable the car felt. After a couple of sighting laps to gauge braking distances at Motegi, it was pretty clear I had to avoid playing with kerbs but I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to put power down without turning the tyres red or spinning out.

I did get a little hasty coming out of corners a couple of times but a quick short shift saved my bacon and didn't appear to cost me time against the lead car as the acceleration on this thing is quite incredible wherever you are in the power band.

Working through the field the car is very agile, there's no fear of losing control when making quick changes of direction to avoid the AI or to nip inside or outside when braking into corners where the car is superbly stable. It was fast enough and safe enough to win the race despite some dirty tactics from two of the opponents who tried to spin me out with a nudge on exit - fallen foul of that ploy a few times in A spec.

With a clear track it was quite easy to find the apex and drive safely away from the corners, slow, medium and high speed. However, throttle control was equally important to limit mid-corner understeer as avoiding wheel spin on exit. Try to force it round a bend and it wants to push but the great thing about the car is your patience is rewarded as you fly past the opposition on the run the next corner.

I quit Motegi thinking the car could benefit from sharper turn in because sometimes I was creating too much steering angle, perhaps some little lift off oversteer on braking would suit me better. There were also times I wanted to induce some controlled power oversteer but failure was probably down to my limited driving ability rather than the tune.

On to Nurb 24h where I expected problems with understeer on the tight twisty sections but was pleasantly surprised to find the Huayra simply ate up the corners. The car was incredibly stable on the undulations and surprisingly forgiving when missing braking points due to the amazing speeds it reaches. Too many misses cost me in the end and I turned in a tad too late at Schwedenkreuz when in third place on lap 2 and shot into the barrier to end my hopes of another win. There was a weird thing on the long straight, the tyres felt like they had lost traction but the tacho needle was stuck short of the redline in both 6th and 7th gear yet speed was still increasing.

In conclusion, even on sports tyres this feels and goes like a race car. It has that tight, planted feel of a car running much higher downforce and is rock solid under braking, off camber and undulations. The struggle with understeer was conquered by braking earlier and being careful when to start easing on the throttle. I don't have enough experience with this type of car to say if this is a weakness in the set up or my driving but I'll certainly be getting the Huayra out more often thanks to this tune.

Awesome review, thanks! I agree the car is a little bit "tight", especially in low speed corners, but I think it's a necessary evil when you have a car that constantly wants to melt the rear tires off. You can try dropping the dampers and swaybars one click if you want the car more forgiving over kerbs, but it will most likely compromise stability on smooth surfaces. Glad you'll be using your Huayra more often. :cheers:

So, its review time!
@xande1959 I tested yours first because it was the only one that didnt require an oil change. I found this a very difficult car to drive quickly and consistantly. But, at the same time had a great deal of fun trying to wrestle it round the Nordschleife! It took me 5 laps to get a clean one and it was only a 6.31. I found my usual technique of late breaking and lift off oversteer to get MR cars in the corner just wouldn`t work with this tune, so i had to break early, cruise through the corner and get on the power later than i liked or else it would just understeer. I think these characteristics were due to the front heavy nature of the tune and could have been eased by more weight over the driven wheels. Maybe stiffer front springs to control the weight. So in conclusion, a fun tune just not quick for me. Well Done.
@Jump_Ace First impressions were of a balanced tune. I started testing at Monza as it was where you tuned the car but had difficulty with the gearing at the first chicane(2nd and 3rd resulting in lots of wheelspin. Probably my technique not your tune!) And i`m not used to Monza in high powered cars so breaking was a bit on and off. However, a change in track to Suzuka made all the difference. I could trail break into corners, lift off and balance it nicely through the exit on throttle. I found the front a little low for the kerbs at the last chicane(and the first at monza) and 3rd gear a bit small again but all in all a well balanced tune.Having so much fun i forgot to record the lap time! Well done.
@Jakedog23 I dont have the anniversary edition so I power limited to 80.1%. A nice tune. I`ve noticed that in GT6 as opposed to GT5 heavy cars can be quick(I guess because of the new tyre model) And this is one of those tunes. It handled its weight very well in the corners, but i would have liked stronger brakes to slow all that mass a bit quicker and get some lift off rotation.Did a 6.58 on 3rd lap of the Nordshcleife. Nicely geared, easy to drive, just break early. Well done.
@oppositelock I took this tune round Spa as it was stiffly sprung. Now i`m not one for 650pp cars on sports tyres. i`m not that good a driver! But this was much easier to drive than i expected. I think because of the well set up transmission and the ballanced chassis. In my testing notes i`ve written that its "similar to jakedogs, more exagerated due to 50+pp" and i think thats about right. For me, some more breaking power and quicker turn in would suit my style better. A driver with more skill than I could tell you more. Having too much fun again to note the best lap time! Well done!

I bought a new Huayra specifically to test these tunes and it now has over 300km on it from a couple of evenings test driving. A testament to the excellent tunes submitted here. Well done everyone! 👍

- @ brian wolf thanks for testing this cart really has some oversteer, I particularly like. myself from emotion. the control. their conclusions but I thank help me a lot in future.:cheers:

- @ brian wolf thanks for testing this cart realleaningly has some oversteer, I particularly like. myself from emotion. the control. their conclusions but I thank help me a lot in future.:cheers:
No probs! Your tune was difficult to drive but very fast when i got it right!:) Then i`d crash at the next corner! I did enjoy driving it tho. Haven`t driven more than 5 laps in one go at the Nordschleife in a long time! :cheers:

S
So, its review time!
@xande1959 I tested yours first because it was the only one that didnt require an oil change. I found this a very difficult car to drive quickly and consistantly. But, at the same time had a great deal of fun trying to wrestle it round the Nordschleife! It took me 5 laps to get a clean one and it was only a 6.31. I found my usual technique of late breaking and lift off oversteer to get MR cars in the corner just wouldn`t work with this tune, so i had to break early, cruise through the corner and get on the power later than i liked or else it would just understeer. I think these characteristics were due to the front heavy nature of the tune and could have been eased by more weight over the driven wheels. Maybe stiffer front springs to control the weight. So in conclusion, a fun tune just not quick for me. Well Done.
@Jump_Ace First impressions were of a balanced tune. I started testing at Monza as it was where you tuned the car but had difficulty with the gearing at the first chicane(2nd and 3rd resulting in lots of wheelspin. Probably my technique not your tune!) And i`m not used to Monza in high powered cars so breaking was a bit on and off. However, a change in track to Suzuka made all the difference. I could trail break into corners, lift off and balance it nicely through the exit on throttle. I found the front a little low for the kerbs at the last chicane(and the first at monza) and 3rd gear a bit small again but all in all a well balanced tune.Having so much fun i forgot to record the lap time! Well done.
@Jakedog23 I dont have the anniversary edition so I power limited to 80.1%. A nice tune. I`ve noticed that in GT6 as opposed to GT5 heavy cars can be quick(I guess because of the new tyre model) And this is one of those tunes. It handled its weight very well in the corners, but i would have liked stronger brakes to slow all that mass a bit quicker and get some lift off rotation.Did a 6.58 on 3rd lap of the Nordshcleife. Nicely geared, easy to drive, just break early. Well done.
@oppositelock I took this tune round Spa as it was stiffly sprung. Now i`m not one for 650pp cars on sports tyres. i`m not that good a driver! But this was much easier to drive than i expected. I think because of the well set up transmission and the ballanced chassis. In my testing notes i`ve written that its "similar to jakedogs, more exagerated due to 50+pp" and i think thats about right. For me, some more breaking power and quicker turn in would suit my style better. A driver with more skill than I could tell you more. Having too much fun again to note the best lap time! Well done!

I bought a new Huayra specifically to test these tunes and it now has over 300km on it from a couple of evenings test driving. A testament to the excellent tunes submitted here. Well done everyone! 👍
Sorry forgot to that you for the amazing review. It just gives me something to work at.

Thats ok mate. I liked your tune, it handled very like mine except yours was heavier to get it to 600pp. With mine i reduced the weight as much as i could and power limited it to its stock power/weight ratio.

Thanks for keeping this alive while I've been gone guys!
Do you guys want a new poll for June? Or do you want to go with the runner up from this month's poll (the McLaren F1 I think)?

Back