DiRT 3 Event of the Week (23): CLOSED

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 529 comments
Lancer - 0:34.368

Personal note- I don't like these. Regular Gymkhana is OK, but I dreaded these challenges during the career mode.

I did too at first, but like the rally events, you just gotta take it easy on the steering to be successful. Don't be impatient.

Just when I get into a game, everyone stops playing. :grumpy:

Think the DiRT players will have to migrate to WRC3 now.

IF I ever see it, I might give it a try. I still have yet to see a copy of the 2010 game that was supposedly released.

OT: I think one problem may be that school is back in session. Other than that I don't know.

Just when I get into a game, everyone stops playing. :grumpy:

Think the DiRT players will have to migrate to WRC3 now.

It's a shame, really. Not only do I find it difficult to make time to play DiRT 3 now, but my interest has evaporated. At least there was some considerable activity in here for nearly half a year. I honestly didn't expect it to last so long.

Interestingly enough, I've been looking to see if WRC3 will be any good. I hear the first 2 games were pretty sound, and that the new one is quite an improvement over the previous game. I'm hoping it'll provide some newer challenges along with a new group of participants.

I think one problem may be that school is back in session. Other than that I don't know.

The end of August/beginning of September is a busy time of the year for most of the people who took part, so chances are setting a time here would be the last thing on their minds right now. That, and the new games being released would be getting considerably more attention than DiRT 3 right now, and for the months to come.

It doesn't feel like something we wan to take part in for fun anymore. Now it's more like an unnecessary chore to set a time. I tried the WRC3 demo earlier today and it is hard as poop. I'm so used to the tight quick responses of this game brings that the delayed steering feel throws me off all the time. But there were several people posting times and already talking about a competition so that would indicate there is going to be activity. I just hope it's not going to actually be online playing because of time zones and all.

Well a similar Time Trial event format can be set up for WRC3 at some point if they do end up doing an online contest.

I know what you mean when you say this is turning into a unnecessary chore nowadays. The fun just dies when there's no competition, or when no one is there to benefit from advice on how to improve.

Well I'm the only one giving massive amount of tips for the most part... with no one playing, it's just always you vs. me... or me versus nobody. You're getting WRC3 though, right?

It kinda depends on a few things. It's a possibility right now, but not a certainty. I've gone off gaming in general lately, although I've gone through these periods before so it shouldn't last too long.

Activity should be high in the weeks after WRC3 is released.

I'm gonna try getting a run just for you guys. I haven't touched this game since I was doing that enduro on GT5 for abit and then Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out. Now I think I might be able to squeeze myself away to get a run for this. Any demos out for WRC 3? I hated the first 2, the 2nd more so because of how slow and seemingly off the steering input was. And then the cars just felt...wrong. In Dirt 3 theres a better sense of speed and grip and GT5 has abit more finesse to the throttle, WRC 2 didn't have any of those for me. If its any better in those areas and the cars don't feel terrible, I might actually buy a official WRC game as opposed to renting it.

Any demos out for WRC 3?

I think the demo is only currently available in the EU, isn't it? I might take a look at it later, and maybe the Resi 6 demo as well. I haven't turned my PS3 on in days.

Also, I won't be changing the DiRT 3 event for now, so anyone can set a time for the Speed Run whenever they wish.

0:35.001. Best I could do. Sorta hate the speed run as its abit too clausterphopic for me.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, also did oen of the earliers ones from weeks ago (Pro, Michigan). Best there was 1:18.922

Last edited:
It's been dead for nearly a month now, so yeah. If anyone's interested in resurrecting this at all in the future (not too likely), then let me know and I'll see if anyone else might want to try it again. I still haven't decided if I'll get WRC3 yet either. From what I saw in the demo it'll be much tougher than DiRT 3. Longer stages, cars appear to be less precise, etc...

I've also realised that I'm far more comfortable with a 360 controller. I got used to playing DiRT 3 and GT5 on PS3 in recent times, but I go back and play DiRT 2 on the 360 and I feel far more comfortable playing it even though I've used that console very little this year. So I might consider getting a 360 copy of WRC3.

But yeah. This did have a good run, but I'm calling it a series.

Back